Pablos Suites

View from El MiradorView from El Mirador

Living RoomLiving Room

Bus Transportation

by stormin1

We are flying into Benito Juarez airport and want to know if you can get a bus to SMA from the terminal at that airport or do you have to take a cab to a different location? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Stormin1

by melosh

The buses from the Benito Juarez airport have to be one of the most convenient airport services in the world, but unfortunately they do not include a bus to SMA. You can get buses from the North bus terminal to SMA. I know that the terminal can be "easily" reached by taxi or by metro from the airport. I do not know of any easy way to got by urban street bus between the airport and the North bus terminal, nor do I know of any shuttles.

If you are traveling at a reasonable hour you might consider taking the airport bus to Queretaro (It takes you to the main Queretaro bus station.) and then catching a bus from Queretaro to SMA that same day. In my opinion, if you have the time, Queretaro would certainly be worth an over night stay.

by Laura_Mexico

I loved melosh's advice, I would do that myself: take the bus directly from the airport to Queretaro and another one from this city to SMA.... hopefully you can stay at least a few hours in Queretaro, but if not I still think this is the best/easiest way to get from the airport to SMA without having to move within Mexico city. There must be several buses departing from QRO to SMA, as they are 2 very popular and important destinations. Otherwise you would have to take a cab from the MEX city airport to the north bus terminal (it must cost 20-25 USD), because taking the metro is possible too but it could be a bit of a hassle (it also depends on what time you would be arriving at the airport) and time consuming too. Good luck.

by gomexico

I recommend you go to Terminal Norte bus terminal and from there catch a bus to San Miguel de Allende. Going to Queretaro and finding your way to SMA, when you haven't done that before isn't good advice, IMO. Use the most direct route, not a convoluted system to get from the airport to SMA. What time of day are you arriving in Mexico City?

by osoeno

Laura and Melosh , as usual, know wherof they speak and homexico, as usual, has his judgements clouded by eraatic brainwave activity and an unfortunate personality. I strongly urge everybody to ignore Gomexico.

I have travelled from MEX to San Miguel about 10 times. It is easier and safer to board a bus from inside the airport and go to Queretero. The only very slight inconvenience is that you will have to walk from the 1st class section to the local side of the station. There are porters to help if you require one. Buses run constantly to SMA untill about 22:30. If your timing is not perfect and you do not wish to stay in Queretaro (very much worth a day or two) you can get a cab to the front door of your lodgings in SMA for about $40.00 at any time of day.

Take the bus directly from inside the airport to Queretaro

Travel Tips for San Miguel de Allende

Possibly the Best Restaurant in Town

by lareina about Azafran

Azafran is a stylish restaurant in the center of San Miguel that serves Mediterranean fusion cuisine. The white walls provide a classic backdrop for elegant tables and amazing dishes. The service is exquisite. Everything I ate was delicious and I would love to go back to try the other menu items.

Highly recommended for an elegant/romantic evening out.

Can't resist these great monuments

by Royal63

I loved walking up and down Canal Street. I was waiting for my family to catch up and happened to look up, seeing what is around me. I could not resist snapping this picture. I don't know the name of the temple or church, but it is awesome to look at in person.

American Expat Headquarters

by JeSuisJill

"Love this photo"

I visited San Miguel de Allende MANY times and purchased a LOT of jewelry, gifts and other items from this town.

It is FULL of retired North Americans who have pretty much taken over the art community and lifestyle there.

I love this photo of the girl asleep!

"Cowboys"

I saw these guys walking with their guitars and thought, I've got to get them! So, here they are!

"Beautiful Church"

This is a beautiful ornate designed church.

On Sundays, there is LIVE music that plays across the street so people dance in the park. It is great. The side walk cafes are packed with tourists and natives ....

Simply GREAT

San Miguel de Allende Adventure

by cowboy8

"The Convent"

The Dome is visable from all around the City like a lighthouse it stands guarding these old worn walls. It's windows peer out like ever vigilant eyes watching over all who come here. I feel this is a safe harbor.

"A Land of Many Textures."

The fresh Mountain air warms by noon and the sun feels good on my back. The Charco nature park is a good way to spend a day its a good hike. There is a short four hour hike and you could hike for a full day if you cross the lake. You can also find horses to rent and guides to make sure you don't get lost. Prices are not bad here. I had a taxi bring me here from the city meet me back here 4 hours later then take me to my casita on the outskirts of town, wait while I got my laptop, then take me into the city to the local ISP where I got my password and software loaded for my local dial up service. Then back to my Casita. total Taxi fee $22.50 US Dollars.

The green house was full of desert plants. We enjoyed our day here.

Comments