San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 142% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about San Miguel de Allende

Inner patio of the buildingInner patio of the building

Plaza Allende and the ParoquiaPlaza Allende and the Paroquia

Typical bar with swining saloon doorsTypical bar with swining saloon doors

Veggies and NopalesVeggies and Nopales

Living Situation for July

by Bethellen

I am looking for a rental or house sitting situation for the month of July, close to the Art Institute. I am coming to San Miguel to take some art classes. Would love a 1 br- let me know if you have any info!

Re: Living Situation for July

by julissa1

My mom rents an cozy apartment located above her house. She lives with my youngest sister who is in college. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. The house is about 15 minutes away from Instituto. 1 bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen/dining room, studio. Telephone, wireless internet and T.V. Cable service not included. The rent is $480 US per month or 4,800 pesos. Let me know if you are interested.
JD

Travel Tips for San Miguel de Allende

Look at the local policemen... aren't they cute?!

by Laura_Mexico

They don't look really aggressive or impressing but they certainly look pittoresque and even cute. You will see them riding their horses around the streets in downtown and the central park, and I'm sure their main goal is to guide and inform tourists & people in general rather than prevent crime: since San Miguel is so safe I don't think they would need that..... I loved their outfit and relaxed appearance.

Don't miss the sugar free dessert

by searcey about Azafran

The restaurant/lounge is bright, contemporary and inviting. Owner/designer/chef Luis MaubecĂ­n provides a guilt free gourmet menu for the discriminating palate, in a relaxing atmosphere, with superb service. Luis feels passionately that a delicious gourmet meal can be healthful, attractive and reasonably priced. The menu is a fusion of Mediterranean with other international cuisines. This may be taken from their web page but the place is great and you DO NOT feel guilty after eating there. The service was excellent and very attentive. The tomato basil soup and the chocolate sugar free dessert that takes 20 minutes to prepare - WOW!

The army joins the parade

by karenincalifornia

Even the Mexican Army joined the parade celebrating the birthday of Ignacio Allende who led the town of San Miguel de Allende to independence in 1810.

In addition to rifles, the soldiers carried drums and trumpets.

There actually was far less military presence in San Miguel de Allende than other parts of Mexico we have visited.

foreign community

by bluedeep

"Casa Carmen, can be better"

Price for the room includes lunch at this B&B. It is a nice place I had a wonderful room in a back on the 2nd floor(I recommend this room), and was nice to have lunch here everyday, but I felt the price was set for foreign travelers (the whole town seemed to cater for foreigners, so what can I say...).

Lunch at Casa Carmen. Baked chicken with potatos, Soup (with carrots, spinich and Lima beans), Manila mango (was sweet and delicious)

American Aliens in Mexico

by JeSuisJill

"Famous Church with Gothic Design"

This is a fantasticially beautiful church in the main Square.
It is across the streeet from a park that has live music on Sunday and great restaurants sourround if all.

"Main Square"

This is some of the LIVE music you'll see on the weekends. It is awesome with people dancing in the square.

"Craft Market and Food"

This is where you'd go to buy food, souvenires and other junk.
Its a great market selling everything from shoes to food to grocery items to whatever you need. LOOVE it!

These are the streets that take you through the market of stores ...

"Lake ?"

This is the lake that you pass when getting from Queretaro to San Miguel de Allende ...
It is the "highlight" I lookfor so that I know that I have only a few minutes until I arrive in SMdA. Or, if I'm leaving, I know that I have a short time before I return ...

"Churros"

Churros -- fersh and delicious

"Church to get off of the bus"

This where the BUS stops if you are coming from the SMdA bus station ...

"Old ladies asleep"

These ladies were asleep on the bus ride ... I WISH I could catch some Zzzzs.

Comments