Costa Club Acapulco Resort

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Costa Club Acapulco Resort

Ciudad vacacional. Aguas...

by Juanjo

Ciudad vacacional. Aguas bravas, cómo corresponde al Pacífico, y sitio muy visitado por estadounidenses (el saber hablar inglés ayuda bastante en las relaciones).

Todos los hoteles son de primerísima línea de playa, y las playas son privadas para los hoteles (este manjar se disfruta en pocos paises del mundo).

Estuvimos alojados en el hotel Acapulco Plaza (hotel emblemático de la bahía por su forma piramidal), cómo en el resto de México, el confort, los servicios, el espacio de las habitaciones, etc.

En dicho hotel cenar en la réplica de Maxim´s, es de obligado cumplimiento, pero muy caro.

Otro sitio emblemático, a nivel de restauración, es el restaurante 'El campanario'. Ubicado en la zona sur de la bahía, sobre un montículo, las vistas nocturnas son maravillosas.

Otra de las acciones que hay que realizar es un pequeño viaje en barco por la bahía, dirigiendonos hacia la zona norte, veremos las magníficas casas de famosos actores de cine.

También es de obligada visita el espectáculo de los clavistas. Expertos clavistas que se lanzan al agua desde una altura de unos 30 metros..

Ahh¡¡¡ se me olvidaba, cuidado con los 'golpeaos'. Bebida alcoholica a base de tequila y ginger, que se golpea en la mesa, y se bebe de un trago

Terrible vacation at the Crowne Plaza hotel

We have spent 2 weeks at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Acapulco from January 6th to January 20th, 2005. Our decision to book this all inclusive hotel was based on the fact that it had been completely renovated in 2004. This is what the brochure mentioned. What a misleading statement! These renovations had barely started and won't be completed for at least 2 years!
We also were told that the hotel was a 5 star luxury hotel! Misleading again. This property should not be rated for more thant 2 stars! When you reserve for 5 stars you expect the best, especially when you pay for a 5 star. We have been to many all incluse vacations in Mexico as well as in other locations, and never were we disappointed as we were in this one.

I will only mention a few of our concerns.

The pools were dirty. There was a visible scum all around the sides of the pools, it did not seem that the pools had any filters. I mentioned it 4 times at the desk, then to a Manager who said quote " it will be the 5th time then".

The food was horrible. You could not gain any weight there! Not only was is not good, but always cold and repetitive. Hardly any fruit. I had to request bananas (because I got sick there too). No grilled food at all besides the burgers and fries, for which you had to request a special ticket in order to be served, after waiting 15 minutes! And the fries were cold anyway.

What is the purpose of having a bracelet if you have to sign your bill every time, even for a bottle of water! What a wastel of time for the waiters.
Getting water was another experience. We did not have a fridge in the hotel (again misleading). We had to get water from the cafeteria. One morning no water in the cafeteria and the bar did not open until 11:00 a.m. What do they expect us to do? The barmen were not very friendly and would not even give us water if it was not 11:00 a.m.

Another morning, at 8:30 a.m.,no butter, no conrn flakes, not yogurt and no bacon (which you had to request from the kitchen).

For 2 days there was no red wine, in the cafeteria, bars or dining rooms.

We were lucky to get a working safe in our room. Our friends did not.

The ice machines were out of order on the only few floors which had one. We gave up in getting ice cubes to keep our water cool.

We could go on and on but it would take too much space. We will never go back to that hotel and will never, of course, recommend it to any of our friends. We had a very stressful vacation, no relaxation at all with that loud music around the pools or in the lobby at night.

We have written to the Intercontinental Hotel group and are waiting for their answer if we ever get one.

We fully agree with all the other reviews we have read regarding this hotel.

Don't Frown on the Crowne

I, too, was worried about all of the negative comments that I read on Trip Advisor about Crowne Plaza but there is no need to be alarmed. Our group of twenty people had a great time, the food was good(especially breakfast and the spaghetti sauces) the drinks were good and the service was excellent. Not one of the twenty had any complaints. Marco at the pool bar did a fantastic job and the waiters in the main dining room were awseome; ready to get us a drink or anything almost immediately. The Hamburger/Hot Dog hut was a little slow but the burgers were awesome as were the fries. I was so very concerned about the reviews that I tried to get our travel agent to switch our hotel but of course he couldn't and we are glad we stayed at the Crowne Plaza. As far as the complaints about some restaurants being not all-inclusive, there was just one place Nude At The Beach that wasn't included but we had plenty of other choices. Yes we had to sign for everything we ate or drank but it really wasn't a problem. Have a great time when you are there....we did! FYI...We had heard while we were there that they will no longer be an all-inlcusive beginning in April 2005.

Great

by TripAdvisor Member reckmeister

I stayed at this hotel in mid Feb./05 and could not have been happier .
I totally agree with the 2 previous reviews.
Hope they do not discontinue the all inclusive as it is a major
draw for guests like myself.
Keep up the good work

poor entertainment

After a 2 week stay ending February 24th,2005 my only real complaint would be entertainment. I would say 75-80% of vacationers were over 35 and some had young children. The pool music was vulgar rap bordering on obscene a lot of the time.The majority of activities were geared to the under 30 group ie. volleyball,bikini contest , the only other was water aerobics. Hotels need to get with it and offer beach darts, boce ball, card tournaments, there was not even bingo.There was no evening entertainment. I stood on my balcony and watched mexican shows at the resort next door. There was a band that played much later on in the evening. The accomodations, food and staff could not have been better.

Had a great time in Acapulco

by TripAdvisor Member TACO

I was part of the group that was loud and obnoxious around the pool. There were two family pools away from that pool/bar area you could have hung out at. When we got there the pool was ruled by a canadian group that were having just as much fun as we were. The staff at that location played loud dancing music, organized such games as body painting and a bikini contests. We weren't hanging out at a library.
I thought the hotel was better than the reviews from January. At check in I reserved a safety box behind the desk and then found out the room safe didn't lock. We switched rooms after the first day to get a King size bed instead of two doubles not a huge deal. The food was average. The buffet tasted better than the two specialty restaurants. We ate out four nights with the best being Barroja(pirate ship by the bungee jumping) and Senior Frogs.
We did buy passes through our tour agent for Palledium. VIP Passes got us by both lines in and we dance till 5:00 a.m.. Great time. Disco Beach bar is young but a blast. Young 20 year olds but they put up with us 30 year olds. I encourage you to go for walks through town to fully get the feel of the city.

Taco Regis