Canonero Bravo 105, FraccCosta Azul, Acapulco, Pacific Coast, 39850, Mexico
Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Acapulco

Fantastic beach!Fantastic beach!

Sam & Zipper chilling by the Cruise TerminalSam & Zipper chilling by the Cruise Terminal

Zipper Jetskiing in Acapulco BayZipper Jetskiing in Acapulco Bay

Tacos & Beer Restaurant on the BeachfrontTacos & Beer Restaurant on the Beachfront

How can I get around with Acapulco?

by moonlight2004

Specifically, I want to know whether there is bus from Crown Plaza to the Fairmont Acapulco Princess? How long will it take? Is it safe to take taxi?
I'm looking forward to your reply. By the way, I'm a single female traveller.

by RBCal

Taxis are safe and cheap.

RE: RE: How can I get around with Acapulco?

by YVRDave

Set the cab price before you ride. The price from the Princess will be higher. The bus will be safe also and can be caught on the airport road outside the gates of the Princess.

by gomexico

There's bus service that you can catch almost in front of the Crowne Plaza that'll take you to the entrance to Puerto Marques, from where you'd connect to another bus that'll take you to the front entrance of the Princess property. You'd then have to walk 1/4 to 1/2 mile to the hotel proper. Taking a taxi might make more sense. By the way, bus service stops at about 11 p.m., maybe a bit earlier out towards the Princess.

Traveling from the Crowne Plaza to the Princess by taxi will probably cost you the peso equivalent of about US$15 to the hotel and US$20+ from the hotel back into town. There are no meters in the taxi's in Acapulco, so, as advised in the remarks of someone else in this discussion, agree upon the price before getting into the taxi. If the price being quoted sounds high, wait for another taxi to pass by - there will be many. I think the taxi's are safe, and considered so by most local residents.

by djwnyc

When are you going to be there? I'm traveling alone too (male) and we may have some similar questions and concerns.

by beatriz722

take a cab!

by acagirl2006

Hola:
You can get close to the Princess Hotel but there are not buses running on that road. You have to take two buses, its much better if youtake a cab. or a "collectivo taxi"

Travel Tips for Acapulco

This is an easy one...go to...

by Beast

This is an easy one...go to the beach! You can do anything that you would expect of a destination resort beach front except surfing (small waves)...water skiing, paragliding, snorkeling, fishing. Speaking the language can be very helpful as you can imagine. But it also can offer some significat advantages. I was taking a walk alone in the mid morning along the beach when I heard a whistle and call from some girls up the beach. As I looked up I noticed them motioning me toward them. I looked around to make sure I wasn't mistaken. As I approached I could hear them speaking Spanish and gigling. They asked where I was from and if I spoke spanish, I said no to see what I might learn. So while one girl spoke English to me the other 4 where talking about me in Spanish...I had a nice visit with these young ladies...but if they ever found out that I knew what they were saying they would have died.

choose the right beach

by solis

Some of the posts have mentioned large sand grains, or big waves, or great sunsets. Yes and no: it depends upon the beach. One of the greatest things about Acapulco (compared to just about any other beach resort in Mexico) is the diversity of beaches. You will be disappointed if you choose the wrong beach for what you want. Here is a list of the best beaches.

SCUBA: Roqueta (still not in the league of Cozumel)

SUNSETS: Pie de la Cuesta

KIDS WADING IN: Caleta, Puerto Marquez

SURFING: Revolcadero

BIG SAND GRAINS LIKE GRAVEL: Caleta or Base Naval.

POWDERY SAND: Hornos

HORSES: Pie de la Cuesta

A place where you definitely pay for the ambience

by midnight_mike about Su Casa & La Margarita

If you want a restaurant with amazing ambience, go to Su Casa. Set atop a hill with sweeping views of Acapulco's bay and skyline, the waiters take pride in their service. Unfortunately, the quality of the meals do not justify the prices. You can expect to pay at least $20 for most dinners featured on the menu. You truly are paying for the ambience. Whether with a signficant other or a group of family and/or friends, you will more than likely have a memorable time drinking Su Casa's stellar strawberry margaritas with the stars above and the city below. If you are on a budget, split the fajitas and just concentrate on the drinks. And insist on a table at the edge of the terrace.

During those rare times when the weather is cold in Acapulco, the same owners operate the adjacent La Margarita.

La Quebrada

by Enzyme_X

To see the cliff divers was one of the rasons I decided to make a stop in Acapulco. They are one of the main atractions in Acapulco.
So, one of the first things I checked in Acapulco were the times when clavadistas performe. The first show was at 11.30 the other 4 later in the evening, staring at 19.30 and later. I've been told that show is spectacular during sunset, but I had to catch my bus so I want to see the first show. Normaly 3-4 divers perform, but this time 5 of them appeared. First: they were late, secondly: they were total show-offs, walking around like gods, thirdly: it took them very long to get ready to start the show, which was over very quickly. You'll notice that before they jump, divers pray in front of one of the two small shrines.

The show didn't impress me that much. Sure, it takes lots of courage and skills to jump and I give them respect for that. But it's nothing special. If you want to see the show and don't want to pay for the ticket (although it isn't that expensive - 15 pesos), you can get a good view from the other side of the cliff.

The "old sixties" magic of Acapulco

by JohnPaulla

"Sailing into Acapulco bay at dawn"

The approach into Acapulco bay at dawn was magical, which was where the Hollywood gang hideaway in the 1960’s, with names like Johnny Weissmuller, John Wayne, Errol Flynn, Cary Grant, Richard Widmark, etc. This was a highlight of our cruise.

Comments