Fiesta Inn Acapulco

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• penumbra's Profile Photo

High Rise Luxury

In Acapulco, I decided to treat myself to one of the many high-rise hotels that dot the beach in a seeming endless chain. I was tempted by another, less expensive option across the bay but it would have taken me quite far away from the main tourist area or even the downtown area. As expected, the neighborhood around the hotel is extremely touristy with many hotels, stores, malls and restaurants lining the main street all lit up brightly at night. Surprisingly, it was quiet on the tenth floor with little or no road noise from the main street below. Tap water in the sink was advertised as being potable. Drinking water was supplied in the form of a one small sized individually sealed bottle (free) and one large sized individually sealed bottle (26 pesos, street price 10 pesos). There wasn’t much of a view between the hotel and the next building, but what I could see was impressive. The hotel was a modern well-maintained high-rise building with air conditioning that was quiet and effective. The hotel doesn’t “stick-out” much along the street and I managed to walk past the hotel twice without realizing it.

The best price I found for February 2008 was on Hotel-Rates at US$82.50. After taxes and service fees this ended up costing US$97. I prepaid Hotel-Rates, meaning that my credit card was charged immediately, but there was no problem with the reservation or any extra fees at the hotel. At check-in, I arrived at 1:30pm but they asked me to return at 3pm when they would have rooms available. At 3pm, I was able to get my room key and when they offered to open an account with my credit card, I declined. I was able to make an 800 number call (to Canada Direct) without providing my credit card. Upon check-out, I paid for the phone call (20 pesos) and the desk clerk provided a ticket indicating that my bill was paid. I then handed the ticket to the bell boy so that I could leave the hotel with my luggage. They graciously offered to arrange a taxi for me, but I declined. After crossing the street to get pointed in the right direction I didn't even have time to raise my hand before a Taxi-bug had pulled up and we agreed on 40 pesos to go to the (Estrella de Oro) bus station, the same price I paid to go from the station to the hotel.

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Right on the water

We stayed in a suite with large windows and wrap around balcony overlooking the city and ocean, which gave us the most gorgeous view. The room was spacious and comfortable. Good service too, except not everyone at the front desk spoke English. It wasn't a problem for us since I speak Spanish - I would recommend learning a few helpful words and phrases not just for here, but in general visiting Acapulco. The staff in general is very helpful and nice. They have a computing room here "Sala de negocios" where you can use the internet, there's also an excersize room and a restaurant downstairs that serves what looks like a very good breakfast. Very nice outdoor bar area too!

Unique Quality: -We noticed that it has larger balconies than any of the other hotels!
    -Very nice outdoor pool/bar area with gorgeous view of beach

• Mikey64's Profile Photo

Acapulco Hotel

Hard bed. Loud, but operative air conditioning. Not a fabulously decorated room. These really are the only bad things I can say. This was quite a nice hotel overall. Pay the extra money and ask for a corner, ocean view room. Even on the third floor, you're still a good 5 or 6 floors above the ocean. The waves are crashing in on the rocks below, and that makes for a great view and some sweet sounds. The swimming pools are there also, in case you want to look at the ladies laying out. The patio raps around the building, so if you had a lot of friends, you could easily get them all out on the patio. The floor in the room is ceramic tile, which is nice. The staff was all very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Comments