Hotel Victoria

Cristobal Colon, 14, Fraccionamiento Costa Azul, Acapulco, Guerrero, 39850, Mexico

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Acapulco

Visit to Restaurant Barba RojaVisit to Restaurant Barba Roja

Notice how Sam's Beers are always full..mmmNotice how Sam's Beers are always full..mmm

D-Rich had a little one biting on his healsD-Rich had a little one biting on his heals

Close to the cruise terminalClose to the cruise terminal

how much to drive mexico acapulco ?

by viniee

I'm planning a trip for the end of the month with my friend we are going to rent a car and drive from Mexico City to Acapulco, and from Acapulco to Oaxaca.
I would to know if anyone know how much it will cost me with or without taking the toll roads?
thanks,
vinnie

RE: how much to drive mexico acapulco ?

by gomexico

I don't recall the toll-road costs for those two trips, but I'm thinking it'll be in the range of US$100-125. The road to Acapulco is undergoing repair/reconstruction, and delays are being reported. This is a bit of an odd trip, because the best way to bet from Acapulco to Oaxaca is to head back to Mexico City, and then on to Oaxaca city. The drive to Acapulco from Mexico City will probably be about 5 to 5.5 hours with the traffic tie-ups, and the drive to Oaxaca from Acapulco likely 11 hour range. Taking the bus might be better, from the cost standpoint, and not too much additional time will be added to your journey. There's airline service connecting Mexico City with Acapulco and Acapulco with Oaxaca, if that interests you.

Travel Tips for Acapulco

go to the Cheetah, the after...

by NicoleHull

go to the Cheetah, the after hours club ever! It is half inside and half outside. It has an indoor waterfall and you can swim in to pool that it flows into! Excellent music and Excellent people. The owner is extra nice. Meeting a group of guys from Toronto and a local wonderman named Max, they took care of me and my friends..Thanks!!! I miss being on spring break and hanging out with them.

Taxco

by SoCal_Chick

A 3-hour scenic taxi ride through the mountains will take you to one of the major silver mining cities in the world, Taxco. Their main market day is Saturday but we went on a Monday and all of the stores were open but with less people to contend with.
There are many gorgeous handcrafted pieces here. The only "warning" is to try not to buy so much! You can also haggle for price in the stores, especially if you are buying in volume. If going with others, pool your purchases together to gain more bargaining leverage.
There is also a majestic church in the middle of town. Incredible gold gilded interiors and hand carved wood detailing makes this an unforgettable experience.

To my disappointment,...

by flyingpig

To my disappointment, restaurants in Acapulco do not compare with Mexico City, especially on the upper end of the scale.

You can taste deliciously refreshing fruit cocktails at 100% Natural (an ideal place for a great breakfast), eat fresh ceviche while fighting the bees in a hidden fish restaurant near the bottom of Costera Miguel Aleman or dine out Spanish style on the other end of the same road, by the beach.

For a dinner with the stunning view of the bay of Acapulco at night, go to Madeiras and eat al fresco their fixed courses menu (international Mexican food). Alternatively, drive 500 m. further up on the hill to find CasaNova, a good Italian restaurant with a sophisticated interior decoration and over-priced dishes (saltimbocca for MXP270!).

The 'in' place to eat with Mexicans and tourists alike remains Carlos 'n' Charlies on the costera Miguel Aleman. Loud music, lots of atmosphere and average food. Spicey's on the hill also looks very popular with Mexicans.

But I'm yet to find anywhere close to the quality of Maxim's in Mexico DF.

The Beach

by Blatherwick

There are two reasons that you are in Acapulco. You're there for booze and the beach. Hang out on the golden sands of Acapulco and take in some water sports. There are tons of vendors around to bother you so take them as you will. Keep in mind that even though there are lots of hotels around, the beaches are public.

how poor their service is

by lorenzadillie

"how poor their service is"

I went scuba diving with your company (through another company that you outsourced your scuba diving to) and was severely disappointed with the service. For the US$75 that you charged per person, I was expecting to get some decent gear that fit properly and did not hurt/injure me, but instead I found that the gear and the guides were extremely amateur.

We felt rushed through the scuba as there were many people waiting for the same gear (BCD) and masks, which made our time both uncomfortale and unpleasant. We also did not get the TWO tank dive that we were promised and the "beginner" instruction was completely horrible - I had to personally insure that my fiancee knew how to operate the regulator, bcd and mask and that she knew all the signals and ways to act underwater. Further, both my fiancee and I had issues with the fitting of:
BCD (this really hurt/injured my underarm)
Masks (this severely hurt/injured both my nose and upper brow)
Snorkels
Fins (we could not find a pair that fit my fiancee properly)
Due to the lack of good equipment, I only got to spend 10 minutes under water with my fiancee and this completely ruined the Scuba experience for her, as it was her first time.
I have been going Scuba diving for many years and have never had such a poor experience!
Further, we paid for the underwater pictures and/or videos from the tour company and upon viewing these video(s) and/or pictures, we discovered that they were almost all stock photos and not of our personal trip. Furthermore, since we only had approximately 10 minutes in the water together, we only had about 3 shots of either one of us. This is now a loss of $300 for us, which is completely unacceptable.
I have to tell you that I own several thousand websites and will heavily review your company as well as the tour company and give you extremely poor review(s). I am a serious Search Engine Optimization expert, having a full workforce of people (over one dozen employees) that I will insist they find every single review site and post negative reviews on them, as well as negative reviews and links at the bottom (footer) of all of my sites, as I have no issue with barraging my thousands of sites with a quick message to never use your company when in Acapulco if something is not done to fix this problem for us.

Having then called Swiss Divers Association AND Acapulco Scuba Diving, I found out that where you took us was complete and utter waste of time and that all companies in this part of the country should indeed measure you, provide you with adequate equipment and great instruction, something that you did not AT ALL.

Again, I expect Fish-R-Us to compensate for the waste of a day.
Please also do not try to call it as "You are in Mexico, it is not the USA" as you charge more than what I have paid for Scuba in Florida, California, Vietnam, Belize, Australia, Portugal, Greece, Thailand and Indonesia.

Comments