Hyatt Regency Acapulco

ShannonB16's Profile Photo

My trip to Acapulco Mexico

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2015

Me and my family and friends had the most wonderful experience for 5 days visiting Acapulco Mexico back in July of 1985! We had best time of our lives on your most beautiful beaches within that short period of time! Me and my family would love to come back for another visit again!

Unique Quality: Yes, it had the most beautiful views of the ocean that I had ever seen! The hotel was spectalur! And the Mexican people and cousine was just was great! I think that Acapulco had the most friendless people! A lot friendlier than the people here in the United States! The Mexicans were very very friendly we me and my family! Especially with me. Because, even though I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana I look like a Mexican as well!!!! Ha Ha, when I arrived in Mexico everybody approached me thinking that I was Mexican as well, and also thinking that I can speak Spanish but I replied with saying, "No Habla Espanol!" With a smile. But they were very respectful to me and my family during our stay there! And I have a lot of respect for them as well! I love Mexican people!!! Yo Te Quiero Mexicanas!!!!

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Not such a great hotel...

by written on October 2, 2008

I normally make the best of any situation and I don't biatch, moan or complain unless something is so, so bad, that it needs attention. As I recall, the service in this hotel leaves lots to desire and if I were to ever travel to Acapulco again, I would not stay here again.

As we arrived to check in although the line was quite small, the wait was quite long. We finally checked in and were given our room on the Executive Level. We promptly made our way to check out our room.

Our room was huge, with a wonderful King bed overlooking the Bay. The bathroom was quite nice as well and we had a very good nights rest even though we were a bit disturbed at the treatment of our friend who had status and was treated poorly.

Unique Quality: Huge king room overlooking the bay, on a high floor with access to the executive lounge (which wasn't so fantastic).

midnight_mike's Profile Photo

Good hotel, bad experience

by written on May 8, 2007

If you have never been to Acapulco and plan on staying at the Hyatt, you probably think you will be staying in paradise. Unfortunately, Acapulco is far from the perfect destination and this hotel is not worth the exhorbitant price.

On the good side, the rooms and the lobby are spotless. As far as service, the staff could use some extra training on guest relations. We had endless problems with this hotel. First, every 30 minutes a different employee, whether it be the maid or a custodian, knocked on the door for one reason or another. The safe in this hotel is not a luxury but a necessity. If something went missing from my room, who could I point the finger at? It would be like playing the game Clue! The other guests in this hotel were also very rude.

The other drawback to the Hyatt is that it does not have a private beach. Despite the fact that you will be paying more than $150 per night, you will not be able to relax on the shores of Acapulco Bay without someone trying to sell you something. (The water is so dirty you really wouldn't want to swim in it.)

monicarc's Profile Photo

Good Value & location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 5, 2006

While not a 5 star hotel, this Hyatt is in a good location and has big rooms with Bay views! Nice restaurant & good pool scene with bars. We went off-season, so our room rate, from the hyatt website,was just $80.00 a night!

cjg1's Profile Photo

Why bother....

by written on March 4, 2006

Ok. This hotel didnt thrill me at all. The service was very lacking. It was cold and dark feeling (not really cold and dark) Just wasnt a great place. Example was one friend of ours who was traveling with us is a Hyatt Diamond. Went up to the Exec Floor to inquire about club access. Had a glass of OJ. The moment the woman told him there was no room to have him in during this trip the glass was forcefully removed from his hand. THAT is NOT customer service. Especially someone who stays with Hyatt as much as he does. Or did!

rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Hyatt

by written on August 26, 2002

Unique Quality: The Hyatt rooms were fabulous! It was probably 400 squar feet and everything was marble...the balcony view of the beach was fantastic.

The pool and swim up bar were wonderful!

Food is great!

Nearby Hyatt Regency Acapulco

Hyatt Regency Acapulco

• Hyatt Acapulco
  • Acapulco Hyatt
  • Acapulco Grand Hotel

Address: Costera Miguel Aleman # 1, Col. Icacos, Acapulco, Pacific Coast, 39869, Mexico

6 Photos of Hyatt Regency Acapulco

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Acapulco Travel Forum

Need advice about Acapulco, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Acapulco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Acapulco hotel reviews

Cliff Divers
THE CLAVADISTAS/THE CLIFF DIVERS
Estrella de Oro
Transportation
Call Baldo Gomez for inexpensive ACA car service!
Acapulco
Shotover Jet Boats and City Tour Acapulco
Acapulco - Mexico City Intercity
Fast and Plentiful
Transportation
Parasailing on the beach!
Swim with Dolphins
Tourist Traps
Don't Bother with Ticket Acapulco Cliff Divers
Tourist Traps
Head for the hills (in a cab)
Walking the beach
Romance in the Air!
Bathrooms, Restrooms, Watercloset, Waterloo
Boat Trip & Scenic Travels
Things to Do
Locals very friendly..even the kids!
Favorites
Use SUNSCREEN
Drink Plenty of Fluids!
Warnings and Dangers
Security is No laughing matter!
Transportation
Tour Guide - Acapulco Style!
Favorites