Las Brisas Acapulco

See Amenities
NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Among the world's best

by written on November 6, 2008

We've stayed at Las Brisas three times, more satisfied on each visit, starting with the drinks and refreshments offered in the lobby at check-in.

We chose rooms with private (as opposed to shared) pools. Each morning flowers floated in our small, warm pool. And breakfast -- rolls and fruit -- were our 'lock box.'

The rooms themselves are good-sized, kept immacuately clean, and enhanced with spectacular views of Acapulco Bay.

The main restaurant serves near-gourmet meals in an open-air setting, also with spectacular views.

On one visit we rented one of Las Brisas's golf-cart sized vehicles and drove it all around town. Though the vehicle marked us as tourists, we encountered no problems at all -- no beggars, no touts, no corrupt policemen.

All staff members were friendly and helpful.

Wonderful Hotel/Horrible City

by written on October 31, 2008

We just returned from staying at this hotel for our 36th anniversary. We honeymooned there in 1972. The hotel and its staff are absolutely wonderful and you will think you are in heaven. With that said, I could not recommend this hotel to anyone because you simply cannot leave this property safely.
A couple we talked with from Ireland was robbed of their money, valuables and camera BY THE POLICE while sitting on the beach in front of a hotel. We were robbed of $ 200 by a policeman who demanded my husband's drivers license and then would not give it back until we gave him the money.
If you go there, just consider that you are in a very posh, expensive prison and cannot leave.

Unique Quality: Beautiful scenery, lovely pools...

The WORST Service in the World.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2006

The first morning of our stay I stepped out on our balcony to view the bay. As I walked back into the room, I felt a sharp and sudden pain on my upper left arm. I saw some sort of black bug and quickly brushed it off. I could not find it afterwards and could only assume it was a bee sting. I immediately called the front desk and requested that a first aid kit be brought to my room ASAP. At this time, the pain moved to my entire arm and continued to throb and swell. A half hour passed and no first aid kit was brought to the room. So my friend, speaking fluent Spanish, called again and they told her that not only is no first aid kit available, but they did not have my call recorded and did not believe I made the initial call. Ten minutes later, someone is sent to our room with a can of Raid. Raid is NOT a substitute for a first aid kit. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Luckily I was not allergic to bee stings and it was not a life or death situation.

The second day, I took a fresh, cold bottle of water from the mini bar in our room. I open the bottle and proceeded to take a drink of water when I realized that there was no "snap" to the plastic bottle top. The bottle was NOT SEALED, nor was the second bottle that was in the mini-bar. Both bottles were previously opened and who knows if the water came from the tap or from another bottle. THIS IN UNACCEPTABLE. Two days later I am at the doctors because I am sick, probably from the water that was advertised in the mini-bar as brand new.

Our last night was spent at the hotel restaurant "Bellavista". We were seated at an outside table and proceeded to enjoy the sunset while waiting for someone to take our orders. As the wind started to pick up, we asked the waiter if we could move indoors. As soon as we said that, the rain started coming down, so my friend and I grabbed our drinks and went inside and waited for our food to follow. It never arrived. We waited and watched the waiters take unoccupied tables inside from the rain, but our meals were left out to get soaked.

travelgourmet's Profile Photo

ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC RESORTS

by written on August 2, 2004

Arriving by shuttle bus, at Las Brisas, after battling throught the Juan N. Alvarez International Airport is like seeing an oasis in the desert. The calming effect that this resort has on you from the time you enter the driveway to the reservation lobby till after your stay and you must check out, is unbelievable. As soon as you walk in the door, an alcoholic drink is offered to you, and it eagerly is accepted. This is the start of something wonderful. A complete resort, Las Brisas is a lover's paradise with everything you need or want , on the premise, or down by the beach at a private beach club. Fantastic.

Unique Quality: Driven to your private casita, that's all that they have, in fact 263 of them. Some with semi-private pools and the one you desire, the private pool casita with a view of Acapulco Bay. Many things make this a world class resort, the magic box in the casita's wall, when upon opening the box door in the morning , awaits complimetary coffee, sweet rolls, and fresh fruit. Open the door and your swimming pool awaits, filled with freshly cut hibiscus flowers, just for you and your companion. Having a snack or a meal on your private patio with the Acapulco Bay as your living room is beyond compare. It is truly romantic.

Directions: 15 minute drive from the airport, before you get to the town part of Acapulco.

cbeaujean's Profile Photo

a very luxury hotel,in a heaven atmosphere

by written on November 4, 2002

on the hillside,facing the bay,one of the most perfect in the world...
each room with private swimming pool!

Las Brisas, if you have...

by written on August 25, 2002

Las Brisas, if you have money:)
USD 300

Unique Quality: Here is a pink Hotel with most rooms having an own private pool outside the bedroom door. You can also ask for a pink Jeep to transport yourself between the room and the hotel facilities and to downtown.

Las Brisas is a must!!! This...

by written on August 24, 2002

Las Brisas is a must!!! This is a 'honeymoon' resort area with it's own private beach club. No children - only terrific service, breathtaking views, and romantic settings.
Pricey but worth every penny.

Unique Quality: If you are traveling with another couple, you can arrange to share a private pool. This is a must!! You can also arrange for a completely private pool if you are traveling alone.

Nearby Las Brisas Acapulco

Las Brisas Acapulco

• Las Brisas Mexico
  • Las Brisas Hotel Acapulco
  • Las Brisas Resort Acapulco
  • Las Brisas Acapulco Hotel Acapulco

Address: Carretera Escenica 5255, Fraccionamiento Las Brisas, Acapulco, Pacific Coast, 39867, Mexico

3 Photos of Las Brisas Acapulco

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Acapulco Travel Forum

Need advice about Acapulco, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Acapulco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Acapulco hotel reviews