4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Carretera Escenica 5255, Fraccionamiento Las Brisas, Acapulco, Pacific Coast, 39867, Mexico

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Rated 15% higher but also costs 68% more than other 4.5 star hotels

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Among the world's best

We've stayed at Las Brisas three times, more satisfied on each visit, starting with the drinks and refreshments offered in the lobby at check-in.

We chose rooms with private (as opposed to shared) pools. Each morning flowers floated in our small, warm pool. And breakfast -- rolls and fruit -- were our 'lock box.'

The rooms themselves are good-sized, kept immacuately clean, and enhanced with spectacular views of Acapulco Bay.

The main restaurant serves near-gourmet meals in an open-air setting, also with spectacular views.

On one visit we rented one of Las Brisas's golf-cart sized vehicles and drove it all around town. Though the vehicle marked us as tourists, we encountered no problems at all -- no beggars, no touts, no corrupt policemen.

All staff members were friendly and helpful.

• Wonderful Hotel/Horrible City

We just returned from staying at this hotel for our 36th anniversary. We honeymooned there in 1972. The hotel and its staff are absolutely wonderful and you will think you are in heaven. With that said, I could not recommend this hotel to anyone because you simply cannot leave this property safely.
    A couple we talked with from Ireland was robbed of their money, valuables and camera BY THE POLICE while sitting on the beach in front of a hotel. We were robbed of $ 200 by a policeman who demanded my husband's drivers license and then would not give it back until we gave him the money.
    If you go there, just consider that you are in a very posh, expensive prison and cannot leave.

Unique Quality: Beautiful scenery, lovely pools...

• The WORST Service in the World.

The first morning of our stay I stepped out on our balcony to view the bay. As I walked back into the room, I felt a sharp and sudden pain on my upper left arm. I saw some sort of black bug and quickly brushed it off. I could not find it afterwards and could only assume it was a bee sting. I immediately called the front desk and requested that a first aid kit be brought to my room ASAP. At this time, the pain moved to my entire arm and continued to throb and swell. A half hour passed and no first aid kit was brought to the room. So my friend, speaking fluent Spanish, called again and they told her that not only is no first aid kit available, but they did not have my call recorded and did not believe I made the initial call. Ten minutes later, someone is sent to our room with a can of Raid. Raid is NOT a substitute for a first aid kit. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Luckily I was not allergic to bee stings and it was not a life or death situation.

The second day, I took a fresh, cold bottle of water from the mini bar in our room. I open the bottle and proceeded to take a drink of water when I realized that there was no "snap" to the plastic bottle top. The bottle was NOT SEALED, nor was the second bottle that was in the mini-bar. Both bottles were previously opened and who knows if the water came from the tap or from another bottle. THIS IN UNACCEPTABLE. Two days later I am at the doctors because I am sick, probably from the water that was advertised in the mini-bar as brand new.

Our last night was spent at the hotel restaurant "Bellavista". We were seated at an outside table and proceeded to enjoy the sunset while waiting for someone to take our orders. As the wind started to pick up, we asked the waiter if we could move indoors. As soon as we said that, the rain started coming down, so my friend and I grabbed our drinks and went inside and waited for our food to follow. It never arrived. We waited and watched the waiters take unoccupied tables inside from the rain, but our meals were left out to get soaked.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC RESORTS

Arriving by shuttle bus, at Las Brisas, after battling throught the Juan N. Alvarez International Airport is like seeing an oasis in the desert. The calming effect that this resort has on you from the time you enter the driveway to the reservation lobby till after your stay and you must check out, is unbelievable. As soon as you walk in the door, an alcoholic drink is offered to you, and it eagerly is accepted. This is the start of something wonderful. A complete resort, Las Brisas is a lover's paradise with everything you need or want , on the premise, or down by the beach at a private beach club. Fantastic.

Unique Quality: Driven to your private casita, that's all that they have, in fact 263 of them. Some with semi-private pools and the one you desire, the private pool casita with a view of Acapulco Bay. Many things make this a world class resort, the magic box in the casita's wall, when upon opening the box door in the morning , awaits complimetary coffee, sweet rolls, and fresh fruit. Open the door and your swimming pool awaits, filled with freshly cut hibiscus flowers, just for you and your companion. Having a snack or a meal on your private patio with the Acapulco Bay as your living room is beyond compare. It is truly romantic.

Directions: 15 minute drive from the airport, before you get to the town part of Acapulco.

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo

a very luxury hotel,in a heaven atmosphere

on the hillside,facing the bay,one of the most perfect in the world...
    each room with private swimming pool!

• Las Brisas, if you have...

Las Brisas, if you have money:)
    USD 300

Unique Quality: Here is a pink Hotel with most rooms having an own private pool outside the bedroom door. You can also ask for a pink Jeep to transport yourself between the room and the hotel facilities and to downtown.

• Las Brisas is a must!!! This...

Las Brisas is a must!!! This is a 'honeymoon' resort area with it's own private beach club. No children - only terrific service, breathtaking views, and romantic settings.
    Pricey but worth every penny.

Unique Quality: If you are traveling with another couple, you can arrange to share a private pool. This is a must!! You can also arrange for a completely private pool if you are traveling alone.

More about Las Brisas Acapulco

Las Brisas 5 star ???

by TripAdvisor Member moeyruth

My fiance and I just returned from 7 days at the Las Brisas Acapulco. The hotel was just so-so, no way was it 5 star. Having our own private pool directly outside of our door was the best part. We brought along floaters and spent many afternoons just relaxing in the warm water, enjoying the spectacular view of the bay. The little breakfast they bring every morning was fun the first couple of days and then I wanted something else. I felt the maid service was not up to par, and while the hybiscus flowers they put everywhere were pretty, they left a steady stream of little bugs everywhere. One night, we left our door open and a hugh bug flew in. When we could not get it out, we called the front and it took them over a half hour to arrive. Everything was very expensive. A cab ride to town is $20.00 and the Casanove restaurant across the street is awful. When we went to check out, there was suddenly "a problem with the credit card", although we had just used it with the travel agent to book the over priced excursions. On the up side, the weather was great and it only rained twice-- at night. And although the jeeps that pick you up sound fun, it is kind of a pain to have to call them and wait to have them come. We went to the Beach Club once, for a minute. After a windy 10 minute van ride, we were not impressed enough to return.

Very romantic

by TripAdvisor Member kitti

My husband and I had taken a trip to Acapulco, planning on a Mexican Riviera cruise from that point this past April 2004. We wanted to see some of Acapulco and my husband had stayed at the Las Brisas Acapulco with his buddies many years ago and questioned why they were there since this truly was a romantic hotel. He has been talking about it ever since and finally we were able to go.
The hotel surpassed my husband's expectations and I was strucken with awe at this beautiful getaway! Yes, they had remodeled since his stay 20 plus years ago but he did not fully expect this!
We stayed in a casita with a private pool, our room overlooking the freshly flowered decorated pool every morning. The window box with your breakfast was a cute touch, never hearing the employees dropping off your breakfast treats.
The view from our room was more than spectacular daily, and the sunset was gorgeous, not to mention the view of the city lights at night. We asked for the view of the Acapulco Bay. Taking a dip in the pool at night was refreshing and having the lights on in the pool made it so much more romantic. We can't say enough about the staff. They were so accomodating and gracious! After taking the cruise, I wished we would have stayed that amount of time at the Las Brisas Acapulco. I would have surpassed the cruise in a second. We have recommended it to several people and would defiinately recommend it to honeymooners and other couples who want to stay out of the loudness and crowdedness of other nice hotels. Yes, you can still have the night life in Acapulco, but the beautiful surroundings from this hotel are so very romantic in every way.

how close to the cliff divers is las brisas

by ellyb39

Hello, we have one night in acapulco and would like to see the cliff divers. how close is los brisas to the divers, can we get a taxi there? thanks eleanor

by juliogg

Saludos. Las Brisas is at the apposite side of the bay. Yes u can take a cab, have them drop u off. Stay a while. you can have some drinks and then catch cab back (15-20 min ride) Enjoy

by travelgourmet

Ah. Las Brisas. Great location on the south side of the Bay. When they show you your casita and if you are not happy, ask for one with a better view of the Bay. Slip the driver a little cash and you will get what you want. Too bad you are staying only one night. The private pool casitas are great and the beach club is super. Yes, as mentioned,take the taxi to the cliff divers location across the Bay.

by YVRDave

Or a boat cruise to see the divers. The hotel would have answers. Set the price for the cab before you get in and leave, expecially back

by gomexico

Las Brisas is situated just outside the main section of Acapulco, so taking one of the hotel's more expensive taxi's is probably the best transportation option. The ride from the hotel to La Quebrada, where the divers perform, takes about 25 minutes in light traffic, and at peak holiday periods up to 45 minutes (when there may be very heavy traffic). You're probably looking at paying a fare (using the hotel taxi's) of about the peso equivalent of US$10. The driver will wait for you to take you to dinner or back to the hotel, for an additional charge. You can also easily get a taxi from La Quebrada to take you to the hotel when the divers are finished, for maybe 1/3 or 1/2 less than the hotel taxi's charge.

Comments