Acapulco Hotels

Our Members Say

• lee96 profile photo lee96
  • Reviews: 1

Casa Delfin: Acapulco private luxury

Stayed at this private villa in October and I would never go back to a hotel. A simply gorgeous place with all the comforts of home - that is, if you happen to live in a million dollar home (I don't). Three bed/bad suites, private pool and sun deck, big screen TVs everywhere, big, modern kitchen... you get the idea. I didn't spend too much time in the kitchen, though, as the place is fully staffed. Meals and drinks were prepared upon request - everything I could think of was promptly taken care of. Quite affordable if you get a few couples together. A truly relaxing, luxurious vacation!

Service staff to prepare meals, drinks, clean, run errands, etc.
Private infinity pool overlooking Acapulco Bay.
Three bedroom/bathroom suites.
Beautifully decorated.
Well-appointed with modern conveniences (new appliances, electronics, etc.).

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 10, 2008

• toddakiyama profile photo toddakiyama
  • Reviews: 81

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotels right on the Beach

*There are many, many, many hotels right on the beach.

*You can get up and go directly to the beach

*I don't remember the name of this hotel we stayed at, but it was nice enough, reasonably priced and being right on the beach was great!

*The views especially at sunrise and sunset were amazing on our 16th floor

• Written July 23, 2007
Tip Photo

• vilip profile photo vilip
  • Reviews: 37

Private rentable houses: Alternative Accomodation

The hotel zone is very beautiful. You'll find hotels all along the coast, close to the beaches and near the bars and clubs. However, if you are looking for cheap places to stay, you should look for houses that can be rent for a couple of days in places located a bit further from the beach. Sometimes you'll have to go up a hill to find those houses. It can be much cheaper than a hotel and much more quiet.
Just ask at any hotel where you can find houses to rent. This may sound strange, but Mexicans are very kind, even the hotel people can help you.
If you are looking for a place with good views, go to "La Quebrada", you may even have your own private view of the Cliff Divers. Yes, it's very expensive.

• Written July 17, 2005

Hotel Zone

• Massi profile photo Massi
  • Reviews: 29

Villa Roqueta: The Gloria Gaynor villa

This was the Gloria Gaynor's villa in the 70's and now Villa Roqueta is a luxury hotel for gays, placed in the acapulco bay with an unforgetable view. What makes special this place is the view and the owners! They are great!

Everything! Ideal for private parties!
Enjoy!

• Written July 28, 2004

• Ames24 profile photo Ames24
  • Reviews: 60
don't know: There is a Hostel!

I had other accomodation in Acapulco but on my bus rides back and forth on La Costera I saw that there is a Youth Hostel there. I understand it is fairly new. I did not get a chance to go check it out but I believe I would if I went to Acapulco again. It appeared to be on the third floor of a 3-floor building it's in on La Costera.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written July 3, 2004

• RitchiS1 profile photo RitchiS1
  • Reviews: 709

Our hotel was very good ,...

Our hotel was very good , service pp .
The view from the hotel over the city has been also very nice .

• Related to: Photography, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written September 12, 2002

HOTEL

• Felipe42 profile photo Felipe42
  • Reviews: 39

Paraiso Plaza Las Glorias: Paraiso Plaza Las Glorias

45 $ for a double room

Fantastic rooms, good service, beach access, satellite TV, pool area, Corona Buckets

• Written August 26, 2002
Tip Photo

• sespep profile photo sespep
  • Reviews: 12
As I mentioned earlier – we...

As I mentioned earlier – we stayed at the private villa that we rented for the duration of our stay. I will not recommend this particular one as they completely screwed us over in terms of money and reservations, but if you do a bit of research, I’m sure that you’ll find other beautiful villas on Caleta Beach (just don’t give them 100% deposit, even if they threaten to give it to someone else – cause they will do it anyway.)

private, clean, home cooking

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• flyingpig profile photo flyingpig
  • Reviews: 124

Your safest bet during the...

Your safest bet during the high season is to use Hotel Express to find a room at discounted rates, unless you fancy sleeping on the beach. Pretty much any hotel on Costera Miguel Aleman has direct access to the beach and most have a swimming pool. Make sure you request a room with a sea view to avoid any disillusion (they are more expensive though). In the low season, just park somewhere along the main boulevard and go haggling for the best price.

Both the hotel Presidente (nothing to do with its namesake in Mexico City) and Las Torres Gemelas have nice room for around Pesos 600. For a more luxurious stay, try the Quinta Real hotel. I have stayed there in Huatulco (Oaxaca) and the room was simply marvelously comfortable and well decorated.

Most hotels have swimming pools - you are unlikely to do much swimming in the Pacific ocean. The waves come crashing violently ashore and the undertow is powerful and downright dangerous.

• Opinion of Price:

• jgemini65 profile photo jgemini65
  • Reviews: 249

We stayed in this great hotel...

We stayed in this great hotel in what was described as 'old Acapulco.' There were only Mexican guests...no Americans or Europeans! Beautiful Hotel and I could have stayed for a year!
I believe it was called Hotel Acapulco...though I am sure there are new owners and it has a different name..but it overlooked a fishing village! (if that helps?)

• bellagio profile photo bellagio
  • Reviews: 42

I stayed at the Costa Club,...

I stayed at the Costa Club, which is a 28 storey hotel, with 528 rooms, right on the beach, on an all-inclusive basis. Very lively hotel, mainly full of us Brits, with some Americans and Canadians (mainly French Canadians).
We Brits were getting fantastic deals, considering it is a 14 hour flight (including a 1 hour stop in Sanford, Orlando for refuelling and flight crew change). Price paid for 14 nights all-inclusive £671 or less than $1000 US in February / March 2001. Above is a view of the bay from my room on the 8th floor.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

Acapulco Bay

• bellagio profile photo bellagio
  • Reviews: 42

For my second visit I stayed...

For my second visit I stayed at the Hotel Copocabana. This hotel is ocean front and has 432 rooms on 18 floors (only 3 elevators). I was fortunate to stay in an end room with a front window overlooking the ocean and a side window, with balcony, looking out across the bay.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

Hotel Copacabana

• pulpo profile photo pulpo
  • Reviews: 7

When we arrived it was early...

When we arrived it was early morning so we looked at several hotels. We chose the Playa Suiets, I think it was a perfect for us. It took a little bickering with the room clerk to reach a rate that we were happy with, but that's part of the fun.
This was in Oct. The first price quoted to us was $120.00 U.S. per night, but after a little conversation we agreed on $60.00 U.S. Never take the first price or you will pay to much.

Our room was great, a sunken sitting room with a wet bar, from the balcony you could look left and see the bay, look right and see most of the city.

• Written August 24, 2002

• Pinoy profile photo Pinoy
  • Reviews: 232

Hotel MonteTaxco

Hotel MonteTaxco

It is situated on top of the hill overlooking the town of Taxco.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive