Marbella Acapulco

Horacio Nelson, 2, Acapulco, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico
Marbella Acapulco
Booking.com Priceline.com Despegar.com

More about Acapulco

hard working men having a weekend trip to Acapulcohard working men having a weekend trip to Acapulco

K-B, Tiff & D-RichK-B, Tiff & D-Rich

D-Rich, K-B & Peanut smoking it upD-Rich, K-B & Peanut smoking it up

D-Rich feeling quezzy from all that tap waterD-Rich feeling quezzy from all that tap water

Acapulco to Oaxaca

by myrtle

I'm planning to take my first trip to Mexico this summer, and someone recommended that I try Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta as opposed to Cancun for a little less American-like vacation. We're only going to be there maybe 5 days, but I'd really like to go to Oaxaca, too. Is there time to maybe take a day trip? How far is Oaxaca from Acapulco?

by alishaLA

Hello.. I just returned from Playa Del Carmen- which is 45 minutes south of Cancun. Due to the major hurricane this past year.. the scenary isn't that great. The water is beautiful & weather quite warm but I still prefer the Pacific side of Mexico & I LOVE Puerto Vallarta... I don't think you can go wrong. Either town really still has that old town Mexico feel. The people are incredibly nice, great restaurants and each city is set against the mountains whereas in Cancun it is very flat.

I go to Puerto Vallarta at least once a year & i hear that Acapulco is smaller than PV but still very Mexico feel.

by melosh

With only 5 days you should chose either beach or Oaxaca. bob

by gomexico

One or the other - the beach or the city of Oaxaca. You don't have time to do both, IMO.

by gomexico

For a look at what you'd likely see when visiting Acapulco, have a look at my Acapulco photo albums; most of the photos are only 1 month old:

RE: RE: Acapulco to Oaxaca

by alfredop

Pick one... Personally I don't like Acapulco, if you look for a beach you usually have 3 kinds:

- Virgin
- Tourist
- City on the beach

Acapulco fits the third category. The beach is not that clean. If you like partying at night then Acapulco is your best choice. If you want to relax at the beach, then it is not.

Good luck.

Alfredo

by BajaCouple

Hello,

My young niece graduates this month with a degree in early chilhood education. I am planning a trip for her as a grad present. We would like to visit Taxco and Huatulco in late July or early August 2006.

I would like to form a group of 4-5 ladies to travel with us and share accomodation expenses. I am a bilingual registered nurse and flexible. Do you think you would like to join us? Or do you know any other ladies who would like to travel with us.
Please reply to yarivers@netzero.net

Thank you!

RE: RE: Acapulco to Oaxaca

by myrtle

As cool as that sounds I have already planned my trip to Mexico with some friends. I am a teacher, too, so that would've been cool. We decided to go to Puerto Vallarta. Thanks, though.

Travel Tips for Acapulco

Locals very friendly..even the kids!

by toddakiyama

*The locals were very friendly

*Sometimes all it takes is a quick smile and you can easily meet some great people.

*The locals can provide you with helpful hints, ideas, directions and their favorite places.

*I always consider part of the whole experience of travel, is learning the culture and interacting with the local people

about acapulco's beaches......

by ddgarza

about acapulco's beaches... THIS IS JUST A NOTE... be prepared to witness some of the largest grains of sand you have ever seen...

the grains of sand are so oversized that they will stick in your memory permanently... it just adds to the spectacular beauty, and the memory...

Great Mexican food!

by monicarc about El Zorrito

Great festive atmosphere, on the Costera Miguel Aleman, near bars, etc. The food is yummy and the drinks were good! Fried chicken tacos, gucamole & margaritas--my husband is Mexican and he thought it was excellent!

Parasailing and horse back riding

by circle110

We have stayed in Acapulco many times at the Hotel Sands. Try the Parasailing across the street at the beach at the Intercontinental. they have parasailing and jet skis. I have been to the Mayan Palace and Hotel Princess to ride the horses on the beach. It is wonderful during the sunset.

'Acapulco Gold'-en Day

by bpwarne

"Flea Market, Beach, & Cliff Divers"

We visited Acapulco for a day on NCL cruise in October, 2008. We came expecting very little, thinking it would not be a particularly outstanding port of call. We were very pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be one of our best port days we had ever experienced.
First off the ship we walked to the 'famous' flea market in the older downtown area. Dont bother. Everything, I mean everything, is much higher priced than anywhere else you go in the city, geared to the unsuspecting or time limited tourist. NO locals shop there. Even the tiny restaurants/taquerias are enormously overpriced. Can you say $2.50 USD for a locally bottled Mexican coke? (These are only $.80 to $1 USD on any of the many main beaches.) Absolutely absurd. Next we took a cab to the popular downtown strip area, chock full of destination hotels and resorts. Some great architecture and very clean area.

" The Beach"

Of course, the beach was the highlight of the day. Hot, hot, hot! We rented an umbrella and chairs for a couple US dollars, swam in the ocean, had great 20 minute massages right on our beach towels for $4/ea, ice cold cokes and cervesas delivered for $1 each, as needed and enjoyed bargaining/talking with the vendors who really were not very aggressive at all by Mexican standards. We paid 5 pesos/ea (about fifty cents) to use a public shower/changing room which was clean.

Comments