Mayan Palace Regency

Av. Costera de las Palmas 1121, Playa Diamante, Acapulco, Pacific Coast, 39900, Mexico

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Luxury stay!

We got one of the biggest rooms in the Grand Mayan... It was lovely: a very spacious kitchen with all the necessary devices, a nice table, a little living room with cable TV and a terrace where there was a little private pool... it was really cool and romantic!!

Then there was the main bedroom, with a big bed, cable TV, a little living room, a hot tub within the bedroom and then the entrance to the bathroom (you could also access it from the kitchen/living room area). It was a very nice room and the view was awesome. Really lovely and perfect for a relaxing week with friends and with your partner!

Unique Quality: I forgot to say that there are several spacious elevators in this building, ice machines in every floor and there is almost no noise from the halls or the other rooms... you can really have a good rest here!

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

For timeshare lovers!

My best friend's mother owns a timeshare in the Mayan Palace Hotel.... this complex has grown quite a bit in just a few years, and it's now formed by 3 hotels: the Mayan Palace, the Sea Garden and the Grand Mayan (being the latter the newest one).

I'm not sure whether you have to be a timeshare owner in order to stay here or any regular person can book a room... I don't think you have to buy a timeshare to come here though, as there is a reservation form that anyone can fill out on the Mayan Palace website. However, be ready to be bugged and haunted by the timeshare salespersons, who will try by all means (they will offer discounts at the hotel, etc.) to have you attend their timeshare presentation and tour of the hotel, which will obviously lead to them wanting to nail you down and purchase a VERY expensive property at the Mayan Palace... they can be nasty! But if you don't hate this as much as I do, you might even have some fun getting to know this place better and listening to the big advantages a timeshare here would give you... By the way, if you're already a timeshare owner, you know that being so WILL NOT free you from these nasty people: they will try to make you buy more and more weeks at their premises, so being already a member is not a guarantee that they will leave you alone during your stay!

Unique Quality: However, this is a WONDERFUL place... as it name indicates, you will find Mayan features in the architecture of the hotel, which gives it a very Mexican feeling. The land extension where it is built upon is huge, it has a golf course, many villas around it, the 3 big hotels with good parking space, a huge pool that surrounds the 2 bigger hotels (the Sea Garden must have its own, and I must also mention that this latter is not on the seaside but across the golf course instead), an artificial lake where you can kayak or use pedal boats, many restaurants, and a good portion of beach where they even have a turtle preserving camp... Everything very luxurious, very clean. It is a great place for both family trips and romantic getaways, pricey but classy. If you have the chance and the money, I would recommend that you spend a few days here!

Directions: Right in front of the entrance of the "Autopista del Sol" (super highway from Mexico City)

• SoCal_Chick's Profile Photo

Luxury Resort

Stay was very nice. Only problem was with the bellboy staff who were surly and lazy. Preferred talking with the taxi drivers over assisting anyone. They would actually hide (not kidding here) when someone needed help.
    As for the taxi drivers, results were mixed. I later found out that the hotel contracts one company to ferry all of their guests. If you have problems with them, complain to the management or simply go to another location to get different drivers.
    Other service staff were friendly and courteous, no problems. I paid them the tips that the others didn't earn.
    On a positive note, a nice touch was getting an estimate of the bill an entire day before leaving. I was able to rid myself of as many pesos as possible so I didn't lose any value or waste time with a currency exchange.

Unique Quality: They have a gorgeous pool that stretches for over 1 mile across the property. It includes a waterfall and an area to play volleyball.
    The grounds are immaculately kept and there are photo opportunities everywhere (which all VT'ers love!).
    A huge plus is since the hotel is at the top of the bay, the ocean is clean and safe to play in. It is a private beach so you are free of aggressive beach vendors trying to sell their wares. They only contract one vendor for any item (jewelry, sarongs, etc.) and once you say no, they won't bother you again.
    They also have a terrific buffet that doesn't just stick with plain, "safe" tourist fare. You don't have to be staying at the hotel to visit their buffet. Try it - you'll have a great view of the ocean!

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Paradise on Earth!

I've never seen a hotel as beautiful as the Mayan Palace. The landscape and facilities are absolutely spectacular.

The facility provides a combination of time-share condos and hotel suites. I'd strongly recommend stocking up the fridge with supplies from one of Acapulco's supermarkets or the nearby Costco. Otherwise purchasing food & drinks at the hotel could get very expensive.

Unique Quality: There are activities for older people and younger people alike. The pool is reported to be 1 km in length, with the main pool structured on several levels.

The nearby beach is absolutely gorgeous. Here you can go body or boogie board surfing, or walk or ride horses along the beach itself.

Pottery painting is available for a very reasonable fee. I didn't do it myself but did buy two large, beautiful serving plates for just 220 pesos each (they'd easily be $75 back home!)

Directions: Situated a little bit north of the airport, along Playa de Diamante (Diamond Beach). Look for the bright yellow wall outside.

• Fodeman's Profile Photo

Mayan Palace

Maybe $ 150 dlls for 2 people

Unique Quality: Wonderful hotel,very large and great pools with falls,18 holes, the ilumination,the service

More about Mayan Palace Regency

Mayan Escape Exit Program a Scam: Beware

Beware of Mayan Palace "Exit Program." After being treated extremely rudely by a salesman, I was led into another office and given a soft sell approach on the behalf of the "developer." Worst financial mistake of my life. The program which involves membership in Ice Gallery and a free cruise and other lures does not work. Customer Service number for Mayan Escape has been disconnected. Same has happened to other people in Mayan Palace-Cancun. Beware.

A relaxing week in paradise

We spent a lovely week at the Mayan Palace....the rooms were great. We had a two bedroom suite. We were only two couples and we could have each had others with us. The rooms were large, well attended and very well maintained.... there was maid service at least twice a day and turn down service. The facility is fabulous. There is a store with a shuttle going every ten minutes to buy food, drink, and sundries.
Swimming is great in the 1/1/2 mile pool located just above the ocean.
The highlight was the massage. The cost was low and the massage was delightful, done in a cabana on the beach with the waves crashing in your ear. We ate in a lot, but the restaurants were reasonable and excellent..... We rented a car and went to the Costco (about 5 minutes away) to fill up on bottled water and necessary food items at a discount..... The city was beautiful, but we only went once. Another fun thing to do was to paint a mexican pottery piece..... For only $8.00 (U.S.) I made a 16 inch fruit bowl with handles that rivaled any in the stores for 3 times the price.. We recommend it highly!

Always love it

We just returned from our third stay at the Mayan Palace. We have owned a one bedroom for the past ten years and have mostly used it for exchanges. Up until this stay, we had resisted the temptation to "up-grade" but this time, after seeing the Grand Mayan, we simply could not resist. We now own a two bedroom suite in the Grand Mayan, which, of course, entitles us to use of the other Grand Mayans also. The property is beautiful, the Grand Mayan is beautiful (our sales lady arranged for us to move from the Mayan to the Grand Mayan for the last two days of our stay), and the service, though sometimes confusing mostly because of language problems, is always cordial. My favorite phrase was, "Yes. We can do that." Sometimes our requests were granted, sometimes not, but the pleasant attempts to please were always evident.
The only negative I can think of was the trip back to the airport. Be careful here. We were told that our arrival fare included a return trip, but when the driver arrived to take us back to the airport, he demanded another equal fare back. We told him to shove it and took a cab back for less than half the amount he was charging. Seems like around 100 pesos should get you back to the airport. It worked for us but the driver didn't seem too thrilled with that amount. If you have the chance, go to the Mayan. You will not be displeased. And, who knows, you just might have the experience of a life time.

SKIP their free breakfast & 15% discount -- PLEASE!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member visitor_from_US

I booked our trip almost a year ago & saw nothing but 5-star reviews. I went through unnatural acts to book the Mayan Palace. It was not what I had hope for...First the good -- their beach was very nice, great sand and not overly crowded. The pools and general staff were also very nice.Next, the average. * The room was simply ok, THe A/C unit was very noisy, making it hard to fall asleep. The construction was flimsy with doors that would not stay open and a teeny, barely usable kitchenette. (You literally have to move the microwave each time you use it. Since it does not fit properly on the counter. The timeshare demo unit also had shows the microwave turned so that is standard.)There is no toaster or oven. The refrigerator was small but ok for our needs. * THe location is good if you want to spend your days on the beach (not a bad option) however, if you want to do any sight seeing or shopping you must cab it (or rent a car), while cabfare is not horrible ($240 pesos RT ~ $22 USD), it is timely and a couple times the traffic was so bad, it took us an hour to get to the Wal-mart area (the nearest Dowtown area to the Mayan.) and another 20 minutes to get to Su Casa (a good restaurant with a nice view.) If you want to be slightly away from Downtown but more accessible Las Brisas is a much better option (plus you get a private pool.) Now the ugly... they offerred us a 15% discount and a free breakfast if we'd listen to their 90 minute pitch. OK, what's 90 minutes? Well, 6 grueling hours later with my spouse and 2 kids they let us go. After we debriefed my spouse and I could not figure out why we never just stood up and walked out... Trust me 15% and a free breakfast were certainly not worth killing a full day of vacation, delaing with high pressure tactics. THe sale guy mentioned that they close 68% of people who will sit for the presentation.My BOTTOM LINE: If your primary reason for going to Acapulco is to enjoy the beach, stay here, but when you check in and they offer you a free breakfast and a 15% disct for attending it, do yourself a favor and skip it -- PLEASE!!!!!

Outstanding Resort

This is a beautiful resort. My wife and I have gone there every year for five years and always have a great time. We purchased a time share and even upgraded to the Grand Mayan. I highly recommend it. You can stay inside the resort all weekk or rent a cab and go see the sights in Acapulco. Buying a time share is expensive but we don't regret our decision. We usually take friends and use all our weeks but sometimes we rent a week out. Try it, you'll love it.

Mayan Palace resortMayan Palace resort

Lifeguard position @ Mayan Palace beachLifeguard position @ Mayan Palace beach

Wonderful view from the Mayan Palace hotelWonderful view from the Mayan Palace hotel

Bus to Mayan Palace

by darmcc

Is there a bus run from Acapulco downtown to the Mayan Palace( Sea Garden) and to the Walmart from the Seagarden?

RE: Bus to Mayan Palace

by gomexico

Well, yes . . . you can take a bus - but you first have to walk a 1/4 to 1/2 mile out to the highway and flag one down, and then change to another, and then you'll get one to the center of the city. Return service at night is spotty - after 9 p.m. or so. If you're a walker - not much problem. The Wal-Mart is at the entrance to the Princess Resort - a 5 minute bus ride from where you'd get the bus near the Mayan Palace. There's another on the Costera in the main part of Acapulco, along the beaches.

Comments