The Grand Mayan Acapulco

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Taxi scam. Grand Mayan is Great, fantastic resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 20, 2013

Ripped off by a taxi scam but Grand Mayan resort made me forget all about it. The taxi driver ripped me off by about $50 extra, someone should do something about that scam. Grand Mayan do actually offer a free coach service. If I had used the coach service I would have not be scammed. Grand Mayan resort are my favorite I have stayed in these resorts all over Mexico, I always feel safe and comfortable there. The Grand Mayan Acapulco is massive, but with really cool architecture and the grounds are well taking care of. You can connect to the internet from anywhere in the hotel which is makes it a good resort for work/pleasure vacations.

I really love to eat and Grand Mayan don't scam you on the food, the buffet is always full. Its a good idea to get to the buffet early, that way you can get a good table. I would really recommend staying at the Grand Mayan, make sure you take advantage of the free airport coach service to avoid being scammed. Grand Mayan staff are also probably the friendly staff I have ever encountered in a hotel.

Unique Quality: Great swimming pool, really spacious and well lit at night.

Thieves at the hotel watch out !!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 28, 2012

Be aware with the safe in the closet .. We spent one week at the Mayan in Acapulco.... It was the worst nightmare ever!!! We put away our valuables in the safe and then we went out to the beach when we came back to the room everything was gone... We had $1700 cash + some gold jewelry. Be very carefull because they took everything from us we called the police and the only thing they did is filed the report and thats it... Be very carefull this is a mafia !!

Unique Quality: Horrible ... Lots of delinquency

• Kids Activities
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites

Acapulco Travel Forum

Need advice about Acapulco, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Acapulco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Acapulco hotel reviews