Dorado Pacifico Hotel

MarianneRules's Profile Photo

It worked for us!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 29, 2006

Ok, there are some positives and negatives about this hotel. Let me start by saying that I booked the vacation for my mom and me through Travelocity. I chose the Dorado because is was not an all-inclusive and was priced in the middle compared to the other hotels/resorts. In short, I feel we got what we paid for. Would I recommend it? Yes. Would I stay there again? Maybe not. I would probably go for something slightly higher in price, or similar in price just to see the difference.

Unique Quality: Positives:
Perfect location. Seriously, it’s in the middle of hotel row & across the street from all the little shops & restaurants. You can walk everywhere. If you visit Zihautanejo, it’s only 10 minutes away by taxi & the airport is 15-20 minutes away.

View. The View..yes..for the 3rd time…the View. All the rooms have an ocean front view. It is spectacular. It was like watching a postcard come to life looking at the ocean, beach, rock islands, etc from our balcony.

Service with a smile. The front desk, concierge, bell boys & cabana servers on the beach were genuinely friendly, happy and pleasant. We felt safe & welcomed.
The bell boys called us a cab & paid for it when our transfer service didn’t show up to take us to the airport. They were proactive making sure we got to there on time. They worried for us so we didn’t have to.

Wireless internet access. Unfortunately, I had to plug in one day. I grabbed my laptop, sat myself down in the bar/lounge area, ordered my 2-for-1 happy hour margaritas, turned on the computer, my wireless card found the link & Bam….I was online. It was simple & easy & Free!

Negatives:
The building is weathered. Its certainly not dumpy, but weathered. The rooms smelled a little like mildew, chalk it up to humidity. Even so, it’s a hotel people have made good use of…its just not kept up like the Ritz.

Food. Don’t bother eating here. It was kind of disappointing but made us grateful it was not all inclusive. There are plenty of places you can eat that are not on the property. The service was slow too, could be that’s a cultural thing? We did learn you always have to ask for your check. You’re certainly not rushed to eat, pay and leave the way we are in the US.

They don’t wash your coffee pot in the room and the bed wa rock hard. I figured out a solution. Since it was warm, we didn’t need to our bedspreads so I folded up it up on the bed to add some extra padding and slept on top. It helped.

So, to end on a happy note: We were satisfied, happy…good times for all !

Directions: On El Palmar beach

Nearby Dorado Pacifico Hotel

Dorado Pacifico Hotel

• Hotel Dorado Pacifico
  • Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa

Address: Paseo de Ixtapa s/n Lote 3-A, Ixtapa, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, 40880, Mexico

3 Photos of Dorado Pacifico Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Ixtapa Travel Forum

Need advice about Ixtapa, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Ixtapa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ixtapa hotel reviews