Hotel Bahia

Paseo del riscal, lote 5 manzana 16, Col. Vicente Guerrero, Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, 40880, Mexico

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Zihuatanejo

Coffee, fresh jam and breadCoffee, fresh jam and bread

Yes, I'm really standing that close to the croc!!Yes, I'm really standing that close to the croc!!

Estrella Oro TerminalEstrella Oro Terminal

World Traveler Fernando?World Traveler Fernando?

Zihuatanejo

by pickerelpearl

Someone brought my attention to Zihuatanejo while discussing places we had rented
for 3-4 months in Mexico.. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive apartment or small house with 2 bedrooms, fully furnished for 2009 (Jan. Feb.Mar.April) I do not want to pay more than $500.00 per month. I am retired with only a small pension...I love to visit the markets and cook my own meals..also enjoy practicing my spanish with the locals...No need for a lot of entertainment.
Am I dreaming ? If so, perhaps there might be an alternate location that would suit my budget. Anyone with info would be much appreciated...

by sun-dance

Hello! There is a very good web site, Vacation reantals by owner. Also know as VRBO. Check it out. You should find something there. I have traveled around Mexico including Zihuatanejo and always use this site for rentals.

by pickerelpearl

Thank you Sun-dance for your reply...I am aware of VRBO and many other vacation rental agencies some of which I have used in the past when I shared accommodation with friends which made it affordable when splitting the rent. In 2009 I will not be sharing, and I am not finding anything within my budget through these web sites. I have heard there are many places with low rents but usually they are owned by Mexicans, and are hard to find. If anyone else has some input I am all ears.Thanks again for responding.

by s2b

Have you found a place to rent in Zihuatanejo yet? If not, there are a few places you might consider looking through, one is ZihuaRob's website/forum and the other, Judith Whitehead properties...though I think she is more sales oriented, there might be rental referrals for you as well. http://www.zihuatanejo.net/wwwboard/ You will find all levels of accomodations available and referrals from the Zihuatanejo 'regulars' that visit this site.

You may find that both January and April (depending on Semana Santa) will already be reserved for many places in Zihuatanejo...suerte!

Travel Tips for Zihuatanejo

Beautiful bay threatened by pollution

by rkearns

"Playa Madera"

Well, upon first arriving in zihua, we got a room and walked down to the beach. we were absolutely disgusted and disappointed with how much trash there was on the the beach and in the water. when a wave would build, we saw trash and diapers in it. when the waves came it, it would wash trash from the beach out to sea and also leave sediment on the sand. we saw kids and adults just throw their wrappers, bags and plastic bottles on the beach. it was so disheartening. i have to say that some parts of the world have an environmental consciousness that does not exist in mexico and elsewhere.

we then read in the lonely planet that this beach is one of the 16 most polluted in the country, according to an environmental survey.

it´s such a shame, because the bay and the hills, the entire landscape, is breathtaking. i wish that people would use the trashcans and have respect for where they live and where they travel. needless to say, we were afraid to eat any seafood because of what we saw in the water.

Zihuatanejo and my first day in Mexico

by bellatrix

Thu, 10 July 2002

I arrived in Zihuatanejo today, which is a beach town 4 hours north of Acapulco. My first impression of the landscape from the airplane was that it´s a stunning coastline. The land was lush and green, with hills stretching down to a beautiful beach. Coconut palms are everywhere here - coconuts used to be the main source of income for the city before it became a tourist destination. Zihua is known for its beautiful beaches and great surfing. Stepping off the plane was like walking into a steamy tropical jungle - it´s humid, hot, and golden here.

After finding a hotel and getting settled in, I walked along the beach taking photos and taking in the feel of the town. People here are very friendly and extremely laid back. Mexico has a reputation as being a very relaxing place, and it is certainly living up to that reputation!

Comments