Hotel Casa Bravo

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Zihuatanejo

ITA Cafetería Restaurant y ArteITA Cafetería Restaurant y Arte

fishing on the boatfishing on the boat

Independent's Bus TerminalIndependent's Bus Terminal

Here's Rufo getting ready to make Bananas Flambe!Here's Rufo getting ready to make Bananas Flambe!

Fun to have in Zihua

by btravels

I will be travelling to Zihua for a week mid december with a bunch of friends adn family before i get married in Mexico city. Interested in opinions on fun things to do......... good restrauents etc.

Any tips welcome

cheers

Re: Fun to have in Zihua

by madamx

We went to Zihuatenajo last December. You will find tons of info and help on the message boards at:

For a romantic dinner, make sure to go to Amuleto; it's high over the ocean and has fantastic views. It's a boutique hotel, but they do take reservations for dinner for non-guests. Not cheap, but well worth a treat or you can go there for a drink and to take in the sunset. Have fun!

Travel Tips for Zihuatanejo

Welcome to Zihuatanejo!

by RobynRLP

"My First Glance at the Bay"

Until the hurricane on the Gulf side a couple of years ago, travelers to Zihuatanejo were mostly native Mexican families. But when Cancun took the hit and was ravaged, left without power or palms, spring break spread west, to the dismay of many like me. I love the relatively "ordinary" traditional pace of Zihua'. Not to mention absence of the "mewing and puking" party crowd. Guess we qualify as "old farts" these days. Not that I was ever into the all out debauch. My idea of excitement is, I guess, more esoteric.

"Very "Touristy" Place to Shop"

Anyone looking for "kitch-y touristalia" will be perfectly contented shopping in Zihua. During our two "girls' escapes" there, my friends and I found lots of fun things to drag back to loved ones at home. But, unlike Puerto V. and other larger cities, it wasn't great for higher-end items and "real" shopping. Just one of the reasons to visit more than one place in Mexico! Part of the fun of the Zihua marketplace is "meeting" the local critters, like this Fernando- (my cat)-look-alike, lounging above the souvenirs.

"A Beautiful Trap"

Nearby Ixtapa Island is lovely. And, I'm glad we went for the day. But if you decide to make the trip, be warned. You will be coralled to a specific portion of a beach by a guide who will expect you to "take up residence" for the day and purchase your food and beverages from them. If you do.... ASK FOR A MENU. We were told that many tourists fail to do so, and discover that the lovely fresh catch meal they ordered cost a (not so) small FORTUNE!

A hidden treasure is Ixtapa Mexico..

by Kodi01

"Flying into the hidden treasure......"

Flying into this city is a memory I will never forget. It was fantastically beautiful. (is that a word)?

If not, it was just took my breath away.

I had decided to go to Mexico and got advice from my travel agent on where to go..Cancun was in my mind and this location was highly recommeded as it was not as commercialized and I would see the 'real' Mexico. (no McDonalds, etc)

And boy was she right, it was the REAL Mexico.

Comments