La Quinta de Don Andres

See Amenities

hidden treasure

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 11, 2006

bartering highly recommended, travel checks or the US $ are admired heavily by the staff.

the pool is clean and safe for all ages, staff is trustworthy and very helpful

gated at night with an older gentleman doing the security

not another place in the area would I stay, why take any chances when you know what a gem this place is.

If you're on somewhat of a budget, but want to be on the beach and close to anything and everything there is NO need to search any further.

Most of the time I just show up, they recognize me, and we take care of the $ details on the spot. I've never had trouble getting a room.

$20 (small, clean w/ bath and fan) or up to $55 for either the two BR suite or AWESOME penthouse. Every room has a view!~~~these are bartered prices that are there for the taking.

Unique Quality: So much, but mostly just a quiet place tucked into a quaint neighborhood that provides a safe, clean and fun experience for the novice or most seasoned traveler.

One story- while staying in the penthouse I noticed a couple of hooks in the overhead beams. Recognizing them for hammock hooks I asked the maid if they had a hammock. She informed me that the tie ropes had worn and broke apart. She apologized and I told her no problem as I wasn't the least bit put out. A few hours later from down below on the beach I noticed the watchman and a young boy tinkering around on the penthouse's balcony. After finishing my cerveza I went up to see what work they were doing. When I arrived they were gone, but to my surprise there was a brand new hammock strung up in the shade on the balcony. Not only was I impressed by their hospitality, but they again apologized that it hadn't been there when I arrived. This speaks for itself when thinking about La Quinta de Don Andreas.

Directions: Playa los Madera, on the southern edge of the central district with Playa la Ropa only a 20-30 peso taxi ride to the south (don't walk to la Ropa, the road is longer than it looks and the walkway next to the road is almost non-existant)

Nearby La Quinta de Don Andres

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Zihuatanejo Travel Forum

Need advice about Zihuatanejo, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Zihuatanejo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Zihuatanejo hotel reviews

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Casa Adriana
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Zihuatanejo
Zihautanejo Warning Drug War has arrived !
Warnings and Dangers
overbooked bus fares
Warnings and Dangers
Bananas Flambe
Restaurants
can't beat the price or quality!
Restaurants