Mis Amores Hotel-Restaurante

22b, Ajijic, Jalisco, 45920, Mexico

More about Ajijic

Sr. Ramos weaving a RebozoSr. Ramos weaving a Rebozo

Sr. Ramos weaving a RebozoSr. Ramos weaving a Rebozo

Rosa Elena and Diane at Real de Chapala, hotelRosa Elena and Diane at Real de Chapala, hotel

Flowers on the Day of the Dead or Nov. 1-2Flowers on the Day of the Dead or Nov. 1-2

Thanks for helping

by Carlosh1

In Ajijic, is there internet available and if so how much?

Are there schools for my 147 year old Granddaughter if we decide to take her with us?

most rentals, do they come furnished

RE: Thanks for helping

by alfredop

147 year old granddaughter? wow! :)

RE: Thanks for helping

by gomexico

Lots of internet in the lakeside communities. A good webboard for that area, where you can get helpful answers to questions, is found at www.chapala.com.

Re: Thanks for helping

by nwtconner

if your granddaughter is 147 ... how old are YOU? lol just kidding. My name is Conner Wallis-Collins I work for a company called Collins Real Estate here in Ajijic. Internet prices vary. There are three companies at the moment that service this area. Telmex, Laguna (wireless), and Telecable. In my opinion your best bang for your buck is Telecable which offers high speed internet 5mb download for $30 USD a month. You can find rentals furnished or unfurnished, and there are excellent schools in english or spanish for your granddaughter. My email address is nwtconner@hotmail.com if you have any more questions or visit my website at http://www.livinglakechapala.com

Travel Tips for Ajijic

Lakeshore ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) Rides

by shmiller

On weekends horses and ATVs are available to rent. Riding along the lakeshore provides a unique way to see Ajijic and surrounding areas. Lookout for grazing cattle. Small ATVs rent for a about $60 USD a day. Horses are about $30 USD.

Mexician Living

by doolemma

"Living high on a hill"

When the town is about 5000 feet elevation and you have a front yard that is about 70 feet down, I think living high on the hill is a fair statement. This was the house we were invited to stay and look after.

"Dining out"

We found that having our large meal at noon, we could beat the crowds and then have time for a sesita.

Our Mexican home

by Alexsi

"Our beloved home"

In January of 2003 my wife Anastsia and I took the last of our savings and bought our home here in Ajijic between the peaks of the mountains behind us and on the shores of Lake Chapala, 50 mile long and 8 miles wide and Mexicos largest lake. Some 15,000 expatriots from the U.S.A. Canada and many other points around the world make for a large English speaking community. Mostly we moved here because we can live with grace on our modest pension, there is no snow to shovel, and here we have found asylum from the growing fascism of the USA.

"The Chapel of the Holy Rosary"

The Chapel of the Holy Rosary located on the plaza and dating from 1537.

Ajijic Mexico

by shmiller

"A Three Month Visit to Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico"

A had heard that Ajijic was an interesting town in Mexico to retire in and that it had the second best weather in the world. I bought a cheap airline ticket from Tijuana Mexico, flew into Guadalajara, and took a 40 minute taxi ride up the hill to an elevation of 5,300 feet . Ajijic is on the north shore of the largest fresh water lake in Mexico, Lake Chapala. I stayed in a rented condo that I had arranged through a web site. The three month visit was great so I came back for twelve more months.

Comments