Boca de Tomatlán Hotels

• Bill53 profile photo Bill53
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Posada Pacifica: Value plus

La Posada Pacifica is a small hotel in Boca de Tomatlan. Both the hotel and the town of Boca give a visitor the sense of a real Mexico not availbale in Puerto Vallarta or other touristy areas. The hotel accomodations are comfortable, clean and make for a great place to relax when not out exploring the beautiful area it's located in. There is a great restaurant on the first floor of the hotel that has terrific food for very resaonable prices and it provides friendly service as well as an accomodating menu for most tastes. I have recommended La Posada to all of my friends because to me it is a visit to the real Mexico and it provides opportunites to interact with llocals taht staying in a resort just can't provide. For $50/night per apartment

La Posada is located on a river that runs into a small cove on the Bay of Banderas a couple hundred yards away. Each of the apartments at La Posada has a balconey with a view of the river and town, a private bathroom and a small kitchenette. There are several beach restaurants located within less than a five minute walk from the hotel but for supper I would recommend eating at Pina's Restatrurant right on the premises. The rooftop terrace is a perfect place for 360 degree views as well as catching some sun.

• Related to: Birdwatching, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written January 24, 2011

• bocajimmy profile photo bocajimmy
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

rooms & reastaurant: La Posada Pacifica

Newly painted inside & out, New sheets, pillows, etc. Nice & clean! All the rooms have balconies that look out over the village, river & down to the beach. At only $50 USD/night for two & $10 each additional person, this is a great little off the beaten path hotel! Right on the hiking trail to Las Animas Beach. I'd come stay here anytime. Better than staying in Puerto Vallarta if you want to be close to hiking, birding & the beach. Way more laid back.

Nice clean queen beds & queen fold out sofas. Simple, but very nice, well cared for rooms.
OUTSTANDING restaurant on the first floor with a great little chef, (Pina'). Pina' make dishes ranging from hamburgers to great regional dishes, like, Chiles En Nogada, on different nights of the week. Mostly a Gringo hangout, it is starting to get locals to come on spaghetti night, Thurs. Open at 6pm daily, closed Monday.

Boca is starting to become discovered like Sayulita was maybe 15 years ago. It's a good time to step back a bit and enjoy the real mexican atmosphere of a quaint fishing village.

• Related to: Beaches, Birdwatching, Photography
  • Written January 15, 2011
Tip Photo

• rkearns profile photo rkearns
  • Reviews: 445

Boca's jail cell: The creepiest accommodation ever

Um, it should definitely be defined as "other" category. I would advise that you don't plan to stay in Boca overnight. I didn't know there were not any accommodations here, so I was happily forced to ask around. I went to a produce market and asked the attendant if she knew anyone who could rent me a room, and after a couple of nods and "follow me's" I was awarded a key to this creepy jail cell of a room for a whopping $20 per night! This is what happens when you don't plan ahead.

Unique qualities?
Um, I had to ask for toilet paper, in which case, the woman renting the room had to ask a neighbor for some. What the *** is that about??

And I'm not even going to comment in the "satisfaction" portion of this review.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 2, 2008

my bed in Boca

• Joemidwest profile photo Joemidwest
  • Reviews: 188

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A few small hotels

We did not stay in Boca. We already were booked before we ran accross this area. Next time!

Away from the crowd, but still just a bus ride from the city.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel