Expohotel Guadalajara

Av. Mariano Otero, No. 1210 Col. Jardines del Bosque, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 44520, Mexico
Expohotel Guadalajara
Booking.com Tingo.com Venere.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Guadalajara

Tren Ligero Station - GuadalajaraTren Ligero Station - Guadalajara

Instituto Cultural Cabanas / Hospicio CabanasInstituto Cultural Cabanas / Hospicio Cabanas

Shrimp with chilis and riceShrimp with chilis and rice

OPERA HOUSE- TEATRO DEGOLLADOOPERA HOUSE- TEATRO DEGOLLADO

BUS!! Guadalajara to Tepic, Nayarit

by rayfabra

hi everyone,

arriving at guadalajara from tijuana Dec 26. original destination is Tepic, nayarit. what bus to take to tepic, nayarit??? please help!! first time to try this. Informations and suggestions please!! how far by bus, name of the bus or what to tell to the taxi driver to take to bus station. thank you.

ray-
san diego, CA

RE: BUS!! Guadalajara to Tepic, Nayarit

by Gatopardo

Yes, you can take the bus from Guadalajara to Tepic. I was recently there so I can ensure you are okay into that, the only thing that comes to my mind about the day you are traveling is.. that might be a bit crowded because the holidays, just prepare yourself for it and your trip will be ok. You can actually make a reservation thru the website.

Dec 26
Guadalajara - Tepic
First Class
13.00 hrs
TRANSPORTES CHIHUAHUENSES, SA DE
$194.00 Pesos
3.55 Hrs trip.
You can ask for a direct ride or one that is passing, we call it: Directo or Autobus the Paso, that is the rides that come from another city and follow the same route, so you have either a Direct GDL TEPIC or those GDL TIJUANA or NOGALES...

Just tell the taxi driver at the airport you to take you to the Bus terminal: CENTRAL DE AUTOBUSES, cen-tral (e as in bel) (a as in ball)
de (e as in bell)
auto (auto, same)
buses (same!)

The charge will be a bit expensive, taxis at any airport tend to be like that, it wont be more than 20 - 25 usd i hope, since the airport is no more than 20 minutes from there, you barely approach the city... both things are outside Guadalajara metropoli.
Agree the price first, ask the taxi office counter how much they charge for that ride and agree the price with the driver first..

Have a good trip!

by rayfabra

thank you so much, did you say the trip is 13 hours or 4 hours?

by Reynald

The travel is almost 4 Hours...

by Gatopardo

13.00 hrs is the departure time for that ride, there must be more.

The ride takes about 4 hrs.

Travel Tips for Guadalajara

Pleaseavoid bad service

by patricia1.nunez about La bodeguita de en medio

If I write about a bad restaurant its because it´s bad otherwise I would´t bother, that bad it is that I even called Consummers affairs..... why? because they dont have their prices published which according to Mexican laws, all restaurant must to,, their cuban food is not so good but it is expensive, anything comes with side dish so you have to order them and thay also expensive , My drink was made with old orange juice, I asked for a new one, they gave me attitude and the new drink was the same, pushy waiters.. they even stopped by us while we were trying to sign up our credit card voucher.. they have a cuban show daily, but believe me food is overpriced and service sucks none

Basilica of the Virgin of Zapopan

by Ekahau

If you want to follow in the footsteps of Pope John Paul this is the place to come. We were luck to get there at the time of a service and join in. The priest had such a wonderful voice this VTer almost became catholic. The 17th-century church is a very baroqueish/plateresque styles and well one more Basilica you say - I can hear it now. The difference is in Mexico the churches are full of people doing really import stuff to them and you get to watch even interact - oh what a vter dream. The Virgin of Zapopan was given to the “New Christian” Indians of the area during the first year of Spanish settlement, 1542. The Indians called Her "The Evangelizer" after the tiny figure worn by the Franciscan Friar Don Antonio de Segovia in his visits from place to place, talking with the Indians. The Indians hid the little Virgin when they became concerned that She might be taken from them and sent to Rome once miracles began to be attributed to Her in the early 1600's. The follower of the Virgin of Zapopan practically began with the start of Guadalajara. The little Virgin is much revered and the object of many pilgrimages. On one side of the church is a nice museum and store dedicated to the betterment of the Huichol Indians. Around is a wide Plaza several blocks. This is the religious center of Guadalajara.

Guadalajara

by saccharinicity

"Young and Crazy"

My trip to Guadalajara, Mexico was my first trip out of the country. Back in 1996 my mother's boyfriend at the time had a little something something called 'Prodigy' and enlightened me to what we all know now as the internet. From the moment I sat at the computer and realized I was actually connecting to people from all over the world was amazing to me. I spent all day and night in IRC relay chats and found my home in a room for a band I adore. As life would have it, I found a connection in someone from Mexico. Back then going to meet people you met online was considered insane, and quite simply, everyone who knew me had thought I had lost my mind. But I figured I had spent the better portion of 1 year working an evening job and not seeing the light of day due to jumping online as soon as I got home at 11pm and turning in for sleep at 7am, so I figured it was time to see what was next...

"A New World"

Being a young, untraveled girl of 20, I did not know what to expect going south of the border. Making my connection in Texas, I quickly turned into one of the only quiet, white, English- speaking girls on the plane without children. This in itself was a shock, surrounded by spanish (when the extent of mine was "Hola"), and numerous crying children. The flight into Mexico was apparent with the lack of foliage for the majority of the trip. I just stared scared, into the land consisting of dirt, wondering what I had done.

"Opening My Eyes"

Finally arriving in Guadalajara, I was completely taken aback by the lush beauty of the city. I grew up with the sterotypes flying around me of what Mexico was like and was stunned to see how gorgeous it really was. I don't have too many pictures, and my memory is fading a bit recently, so I cannot give detailed tips, but it was a wonderful time.

The food was some of the best I have EVER eaten and I remember the people being very friendly. The cathedrals were gorgeous. The neighborhood streets through the mountains held extravagant houses hidden behind huge concrete walls. We went to a few clubs with open ceilings so we could party under the stars with torches lighting the night.

I was shocked at my friend's caution around the police, the fact that they allowed smoking in malls and seeing children peddle pieces of gum at stoplights for money...

All in all it was an amazing trip.

Things didn't work out with my little internet friend, but I don't regret flying down to meet him. It was a wonderful and enlightening adventure and showed an untraveled girl how beautiful other unknown parts of the world can be.

I would love to return one day.

Comments