Victoria Express Guadalajara

Avenida Adolgo Lopez Mateos #1360, Colonia Chapalita Sure, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 44510, Mexico
Victoria Ejecutivo Guadalajara
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Guadalajara

entranceentrance

Zoologico Guadalajara - CamelZoologico Guadalajara - Camel

Horse carriage tour in Guadalajara.Horse carriage tour in Guadalajara.

The Politic Circus (J.C. Orozco)The Politic Circus (J.C. Orozco)

How much time to see the sites?

by oslocairo

How much time should be spent to see the sites of Guadalajara if you don't have a car? Thanks.

Re: How much time to see the sites?

by pencho15

I've never been to Guadalajara so I can't help you much, but it seems you have a limited time in the city and you should choose just someplaces to see, I would recommend you that you don't miss a visit to Hospicio Cabañas, the only World Heritage site in the city recognized by UNESCO, I suppose if they add it to their list it must be worth visiting.
Are you the guy that asked questions about daytrips to Guanajuato some months ago and that later was affected by Mexicana going out of business? I remember you, I am glad you solved your flight issues and can finally come visit my country.

Travel Tips for Guadalajara

Torta Ahogado

by scott_dallas

One of the unique foods of Guadalajara is the Torta Ahogado, or drowned sandwich. It is a long deli-type roll, split down the middle, and filled with roasted pork. It is then covered in a spicy red sauce. I wish I knew where to find one of these in Dallas. Very delicious.

Hike the Barranca de Huentitan

by Jetgirly

The Barranca (Canyon) de Huentitan is a huge canyon running parallel to Guadalajara's north side, pretty much limiting the city to expansion in other directions. There are a variety of places you can go to view the canyon (for example, at the very end of Independencia there is a viewpoint for 3 pesos), but the best (and sweatiest) way to view the canyon is to walk to the bottom and hike back up.

The best place to hike the canyon is from the Barranca de Huentitan entrance, which is to the northeast of the zoo. We just told a taxi driver what we wanted to do, and he took us to the right entrance. The return trip took us five hours, including approximately a one-hour rest at the bottom. The trail is 10 km (5 miles) round-trip, and it's very, very steep. You'll want to bring lots of water, healthy snacks, sunscreen, bandaids, hand sanitizer and tissue to use as toilet paper. Enjoy the lovely walk down...

... then ask yourself what you were thinking as you stand beside the river, looking up. The hike back up is extremely strenuous. We elected to follow the river until we saw the train tracks, because we'd seen a "town" there. This town has no plumbing, but you can buy bottled water there before your ascent. From the town, we did the first half of the ascent straight up the train tracks. It was the most exhausting thing I'd ever done, but it was quick and direct. From the mid-way point, we joined the main trail and zigged and zagged our way back to the top.

It was one of the most tiring days of my life, and probably the most strenuous hike I'd ever done (the crosses marking the spots where previous hikers had died should have clued me in on the way down), but it was a great feeling of accomplishment to be back at the top and looking down at the canyon we'd just conquered. Approximately 5,000 people hike the canyon every week (according to tourist information), however we noticed that most people only go down partway, and few make it all the way to the river. Think long and hard about whether you can make it back up!

Get the Quick and Dirty Version of GDL's History

by Jetgirly

At the Museo Regional de Guadalajara, you and your kids can imagine what Guadalajara and the surrounding area was like many, many, many years ago. To do this, you can view everything from piles of stones in a sandbox (see first picture), the carriage part of horse-drawn carriages (second picture), works of art (third and fourth pictures) and random weaponry (no photos... highly-guarded area). Everything is totally random and all the explanations are in Spanish... but hey, it's free on Sundays! What else are you going to do?

Comments