Buenaventura Hotel And Beach Club

Tags

Beaches Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

A centric, good value hotel....

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 20, 2006

I stayed here in 2006 and I just walked by the hotel on my last trip (2011) and apparently it has been refurbished since my last visit. The external part of it looks nicer now and some travel sites even show this place as a 5 star hotel..... which I don't really think it is. I would think of it as a 4 star. It's not a luxury hotel at all, it did have nice buildings and gardens and some rooms had a great view but it is by no means a top notch resort.

Its main value is its location. It isn't a luxury place but its beach was pretty cool and you can't beat the location -- you could walk to the Malecon (and downtown area in general) in just a few minutes. There is a supermarket (Ley) nearby, Oxxo convenience stores nearby too, a gas station, souvenir shops.... The hotel doesn't have a parking lot of its own but you can park your car right next to it and I remember it was safe enough. I would come back to this resort anytime but not paying their regular fee, which is on the high side for the kind of hotel it is -- I would get a discount package like I did when I stayed there and then it REALLY is worth the money.

Unique Quality: I remember that, since this hotel isn't a chain resort (Sheraton, NH, Melia, Intercontinental, Mayan Palace), it was a quiet place and there were no time share vendors bugging you to buy one of their units. I loved this. I also remember that the service was pretty acceptable and the pool area was nice (it even had a couple of jacuzzis). They also had a spa, which I didn't use.

I was on the All inclusive package and the food was pretty good and varied. Alcoholic drinks were also included and I took advantage of it (drank strawberry daiquiris all day long LOL), it was good value for the money.

LeoM's Profile Photo

Great place to stay, in old downtown, great access

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2004

It was fantastic! The people are friendly, the pool was fantastic. And the bar was close at hand.

Unique Quality: Definately great view from your room, as well as the Pool and of the beach!

Directions: old Puerto Vallarta

dwatters1960's Profile Photo

Convenient location, clean and fun!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 24, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Buenaventura for our honeymoon in November 2003. We've been to Puerto Vallarta several times already and this is the first hotel that we are returning to.

It's listed as a 2-3 star in most books which doesn't surprise me, but what it lacks in grandure, it makes up for in other ways.

Here are some of the things I liked about the Buenaventura Hotel:
Large pool
Chairs, chairs, chairs. We never needed to get up early to reserve.
Extremely close to the Malecon (Boardwalk) and the action of downtown Puerto Vallarta
Beachfront - great sunsets!
Room had partial ocean view
All-inclusive
Close to everything: a cappuccino bar across the street, great late night mexican restaurant 1 block away, internet cafes everywhere, lot's of shopping.
Buses are cheap and stop almost right outside the front door of the hotel.

Average or not-so-good:
Rooms are not grand but very clean
Neither my husband and I were crazy about the lunch menu. This was the time to indulge ourselves in some of the great Puerto Vallarta restaurants.
There were limited activities, no shows in November (note: we never stay for the shows, but that might matter to some)

Unique Quality: We received a room upgrade because we were on our honeymoon. The room had a partial ocean view and a jaccuzi. The jacuzzi did not work (leaked water everywhere) but it didn't spoil our fun. There is a nice hot tub at the resort that is not heavily used. We could see it from our window and knew exactly when to use it.

As honeymooners we were treated to the most wonderful and romantic dinner in a private tower above the restaurant. Only one table which was attended to by our favourite waiter. They served us lobster and filet mignon (remember, this is a cheap all-inclusive!). We were so full that we could barely get down the stairs. Because the waiter was so attentive to us, we didn't want to be rude by not finishing our meal. The experience was so wonderful for us that we have booked our vacation at the Buenaventura again.

Directions: A few blocks from the Malecon (towards the hotel zone) but still in the downtown area.

dlparker's Profile Photo

Inexpensive Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2003

This place was fairly inexpensive.
The rooms were clean and large.
The pool area is pretty nice, its a little tiny bit run down, but for the price you pay its a good deal.
The hotel is a little off the beaten path, so you end up having to take taxis or walk wherever you need to go, but again, for the price, it was worth it.

Nearby Buenaventura Hotel And Beach Club

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Puerto Vallarta Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Vallarta, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Vallarta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Vallarta hotel reviews

Off The Beaten Path
Health/Safety
Golfing
Sports & Outdoors
a nice little sidewalk cybercafe
Restaurants
three terrific new dishes i discovered
Restaurants
vallarta botanical gardens -- a wonderful day
Off The Beaten Path
people begging on the sidewalk
exchanging dollars for pesos