CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Av Paseo de la Marina 5, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48354, Mexico

Booking.com Marriott.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 60% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• africateach's Profile Photo

AAAAHHHH... Poolside!!!

We had been looking online for a Mexican vacation since neither of us had really been in Mexico-- border towns excluded. Upon looking around, I found that the Marriott seemed to have the nicest rooms, best views and best location. I found it to be everything that I wished for in a truly "relaxing" vacation. We were not looking to do tons of activities or run around the city, so this was perfect. We were able to lay by the pool and just soak up the sun. The hotel is currently still under construction, so they gave us about 150 USD to spend around the hotel. This was perfect because we were able to have dinner at every restaurant on site. The rooms were good size and they had 40 inch flatscreens in them! We did not spend much time in the room, but ours actually had ants that were coming through the wall and into the bed. We called down and a guy came up with a can of raid!!! I said "hell no you aren't spraying that in here before we go to bed!" We ended up getting another 75USD and the ants were no longer an issue after they cleaned the room while we were gone. The concierge was very helpful for restaurants in the area and suprising enough, the taxis had set prices. Of course if you go outside the hotel you can save about 2 bucks, but most times it was not worth the hassel of arguing. This was a great hotel and we actually met a lot of people that we live near. We have made plans to go up to Vancouver to see them and they to come here... great hotel... great experiences... great vacation spot!!!

Unique Quality: The different restaurants in this place were incredible! The breakfast at Las Casitas was awesome!!! I had the crunchy french toast everyday!!! The pool was comfortable and just steps away from the ocean. The staff was (at times) pushy to get you to drink, but that is how they make money!!! The drinks were great and the swim up bar easily accessable under a waterfall!

Directions: Behind the Marina

• cassiopea0214's Profile Photo

Amazing Hotel

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days, the staff was very helpful and friendly, the view was amazing, although it was one of the pricier hotels we could have stayed at it was so worth it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially couples, but families too.

Unique Quality: The pool was really great and the ocean was only about 15 feet from the rooms. They have a turtle refuge, where they incubate eggs to save them from being eaten by the crabs. There is a kid play area where they will watch ur children. It's very close to the Marina, 5 min walking distance.

• misodiva's Profile Photo

Luxury

This place was beautiful. The service was great, excellent food, stayed for thanksgiving and they had a great buffet with Turkey.
    Room had an excellent view of the bay and was perfectly clean.

Unique Quality: Right on the ocean, with a great big pool, with a nice bar in the pool.

More about CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Marriott CasaMagna, Puerto...

by tayl405

Marriott CasaMagna, Puerto Vallarta
We had a package that was 7 nights, hotel and airfare for $825 The pool was big and it's right on the beach. There are a bunch of restaurants and lounges. The people were great, very nice.

Wedding on the Jetty and everyone loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Jestagirl

Hi everyone! Vikky, I see you wrote a review here. That's great! We had our wedding at the Marriott Casa Magna, and I can't say enough how beautiful it was. I went to many different locations in PVR (El Set, Palomar de Gonzales, Terra Noble Spa, La Jolla de Mismaloya, Camino Real hotel, and Cafe des Artistes), and the Marriott Casa Magna really grabbed my attention not only because of the attentive staff but also because of: their beautiful rooms (more on this later), good food, and the jetty! Basically, the Jetty was the equivalent of a cute chapel-sized aisle except without the constraints of the chapel walls. It was covered with a canopy tent, and we had enough room to fit at least 80 (but we had only about 65 guests). Afterwards, our guests only had to walk off the jetty back onto the grass to have their cocktails and canapes while we took photos with family and friends. We had twinkling strings of lights connected to the palm trees that were above our tables, and the setting was magical. People raved about the food, especially the Lobster Bisque which was just to die for (unfortunately, I didn't get to finish it...waah!). They set up a dance floor and we had an open bar that guests definitely took advantage of...Let's just say that my sister's speech was very warm, loving, and entertaining. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Marriott Casa Magna to anyone who's thinking about having a destination wedding in PVR. Some things to consider though...: 1) Early May is a great time to have a wedding. Book this a year in advance! 2) There's construction on both sides of the Marriott. In our photos looking from the Jetty to the beach, you can see the construction on the right (but thankfully not on the left). Still, the photos are amazing and let me know if you want to see them. 3) Because of the construction, many of our guests needed to change rooms. This was not a problem though because the Marriott was very accommodating. In fact, one of our friends were even able to get free breakfast buffets for the next 3 days because the noise near their room was so bad! 4) Off the Jetty, there's a little fenced area that they use to help the baby sea turtles go out to the ocean (around June time). This is really a sweet gesture of the Marriott but in Wedding photos, the fence looks horrible. We asked that they cover the fence with some palm leaves (which they did), and everything looked fine. 5) The food at the Marriott is good! But, you'll want to venture out to try other food such as real Mexican tacos, ice cream at the stands in town, mango on a stick from the malecon, dinner at Cafe des Artistes, etc. 6) If you're like me, you'll want reassurance from the Marriott staff that everything is under control. And, when you get there, it really is. However, because of the distance and the many coordinators involved, you'll find that sometimes details are missed. Just make sure to really pay attention to your contract and keep updating it as details change. Overall, I rate the Marriott Casa Magna a 9 for a wedding. The staff were so patient with me and my bridezilla tendencies. I really can't thank them enough. If there were no problems with construction (like when I was there in May 2003), then I'd probably give the Marriott a 10 for the wedding.

Outstanding Trip

CasaMagna Marriott Resort Puerto Vallarta was a nice place to stay. We visited March 10-14, 2004. Our view was outstanding. The people at the hotel were very helpful and went out of their way to assist if needed.
The pool is very large and we never had trouble getting a chair (we even went during springbreak). The room was nice, large, but... the bed, well let's just say it was good for individuals with bad backs...
It is hard, but did not keep us for getting sleep. You can drink the water at the hotel, which was very nice. Do not eat food at the hotel.
It is very over priced. Go to the marina or downtown to eat (Mr. Creams has the best breakfast food) A cab to downtown will cost you 42 peso's and the marina is a 3 min. walk. There is no night life at the hotel, so it is quite for those that want to relax with their spouse. Things to do... Rythem of the Night is a must. The show is not that good, but it is only 15 mins. Everything else about the trip started our trip off on a good note. Don't however, expect the water to be clear. This is not Maui and visibility is about 50-60 feet, but that is not much of a problem for seeing fish. If you want to know the histoy of Puerto Vallarta, I strongly recommend the Tropical Tour. Don't expect a lot of drinking or partying, i.e. not the reason for the trip. Places to eat, PePe, mexican food and the rita's are great. El Pamordora (spelling is not correct) is a hotel/resturant in the mountains that overlooks the city. You need to make reservations and request to eat on the roof. The view is outstanding and the food is very good. Convert your cash into peso's. You will get a better bang for your buck in Mexico. If you want a night life, go to downtown. This was an exciting trip. We did not enjoy Playa Del Carmen but were surprised how much we enjoyed Puerto Vallarta. We will be making a second trip and hope this helps in your next advanture.

Jan 9-16, 2004

HOTEL: I was a little concerned after reading the reviews but we went with our business--maybe 160 people and couldn't make any changes. I really think that your review is going to be determined by what you are used to staying in and how busy it is when you go. I have stayed at the Presidente in Ixtapa, the Barcelo on the Mayan Riviera and the Riviera Beach Resort in Mazatlan so I will compare this Marriot with those.
This is the only hotel of those that had any support bars in the bath tub, that came and turned down the bed at night or that had a wet bar and couch. We found the service to be great. Our wet bar was locked and I had to call the main desk to have someone come to unlock it. The woman from the front desk kept calling me until someone did come. I ended up having 2 people there within the hour. I did check to see if everything was there but apparently they were out of stock of a few items which I made a note of. We had no problems with that. The hotel was not busy and there was plenty of room by the pool. But it rained and was cloudy 4 1/2 of the 7 days we were there. You can tell the hotel is maintaining and repairing. We had a hole in the wall of the hallway to our room--possibly because of broken water pipes--that was repaired within two days of us getting there and painted shortly after that. There were some old locks on the women's bathroom doors (in lobby bathroom and Champions) that weren't working well and they were changed while we were there. The only real complaint I had, was that they shut the lights off in the hallway to the rooms at night and so when we left the hotel early for some of our excursions, it was very dark and hard to find the button for the elevator. FOOD: We had great luck at Victor's. Good food for a good price. Also the Seafarer was good and if you want an alternative to the hotel's breakfast buffet at $16.50 per person, try Mr. Kreme. Champions in the hotel, served us the best supreme Pizza Hut pizza we have ever had! The ribs there are good too.
EXCURSIONS: You have to realize that the motto in Puerto Vallarta, a city that survives on tourism, is "the show must go on". They don't cancel many things due to rain. (We did the Pirate ship in the rain, horse back riding in the rain, the San Blas tour in the rain and whale watching/snorkeling in the rain.) Let me put the Pirate Ship into perspective for you. Its a 4.5 hour booze cruise with a 20 min pirate show. Do your kids a favor and don't bring them. The kids that were there were bored long before it was over. And do you really want your kids on a ship full of drunken adults? The City Tour (also named tropical tour) was informative and brings you to a tequila distillery and a quaint "country" restaurant for lunch. The San Blas tour met at the Outback which was completely dark when I arrived. I was worried something was wrong. San Blas is a 2 to 2.5 hour drive one way. I had jungle tour in mind but it is a boat ride through mangroves looking at birds and trying to find crocodiles. Our boat driver was young and more interested in finding the crocs instead of pausing to view the birds (which is more the reason I went). There is a crocodile farm on the other end which was interesting. We stopped to look at a church (but most of us shopped the flea market) and what ever else we were supposed to look at was too slippery. Horse back riding takes you into the Sierra Madre Mountains into some beautiful scenery with a tastey lunch and all the booze you can drink when you return. If you take a whale watching trip, take it on one of the sail boats. This time of year the humpbacks are mating and we were able to see breaching, tail slapping and one even lifted its head out of the water to get a better look at us. Very cool.

Enjoyed the Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member farmerjohn

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott January 24--28. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Upon our arrival at hotel, the bell hop/concier had our room information and keys available and we were promptly directed to our room. Our luggage arrived at the room about one minute after we did. We thought the rooms were very nice and well decorated. Everything in the room worked and was well maintained. The room was very clean, as were all areas of the hotel. We had paid for a partial ocean view and that is exactely what we received. Everytime we needed to interact with the hotel staff, they were courtious and prompt in meeting our needs. The grounds were very well maintained and very beautiful. The pool was well maintained and we never had any problem finding lounge chairs. We often had lunch at the pool side snack bar and found the food to be good, although the selection was a bit limited. We also used room service and it was always prompt and exactely as ordered. We also ate at Susie Wongs in the Marina and found the food to be very good. The exercise facilites were very adequate and well maintained. The last time we stayed in Puerto Vallarta we were in the Hotel Zone. We enjoyed the marina area with all of the restaurants available within walking distance inside the marina. We took the Vallarta Adventures Canopy Tour. This was a very enjoyable and different tour and Vallarta Adventures is a class outfit. The only drawback to the canopy tour is that the ride into and then out of the mountains takes about an hour each way. A prior review complained about the quality of the Marriott's beach. Apparently the beach sustained some damage in the hurricane that hit in late 2002. When we were there the beach was all sandy and beautiful without any of the gravel and rocks mentioned in other reviews. I did walk up the beach toward the airport and did come to portions of the beach where the gravel and rocks were still present. The gravel would detract from your enjoyment of the beach. However, the portion of the beach in front of the Marriott was all nice and sandy at the time of our visit. We did not encounter any time share salesmen within the hotel. We have stayed at fabulous hotels in Hawaii such as the Hilton Waikaloa on Hawaii and the Grand Wailea Resort & Spa on Maui. Both of those resorts are a step above the Marriott; but you are also going to pay more than twice as much. If you want a nice resort in the sun, check out the Marriott.

Holiday Inn on the beach

This hotel is a huge disappointment. It's definitely not what we expected from a Marriott! Pulling in to the hotel, the grounds were nice and our expectations were high. But then we walked inside. Our reservation, which we had made directly with the hotel, was lost. So instead of a king at $119, we were given two doubles for $149. Things went downhill from there. We waited for two hours just to get into the room. Then the front desk offered to send someone up to "fix" the beds.
I had no idea what this meant, but I accepted the offer. The person who came up simply pushed the two beds together! And they were directly under a light fixture on the wall...I hit my head several times. The pool was crowded seemingly from sun up to sundown. Guests were putting towels on chairs to save them and then leaving for hours. I could not believe how inconsiderate people were. The rooms are plain and uninviting, although the bathrooms are nice. The elevators are creaky.
The interior is dark. And the restaurants are too Americanized. The whole place feels like a roadside Holiday Inn plopped on the beach. You can do much better in Puerto Vallarta. Head to Nuevo Vallarta, go south of town or better yet just go down the street to the Westin!

Marriott Casamagna Puerto Vallarta Resort

by beachbum79

Hi! my boyfriend and I will be staying in the Marriott Casamagna Puerto Vallarta Resort mid February. Have anyone heard anything about the resort? How's the beach? We will be going for our 4 year anniversay and only for two nights. Does anyone have any suggestions as to any romantic excursions? How would the weather be like? Is the beach decent and are there any cruises we can go on? Thanks!!

Re: Marriott Casamagna Puerto Vallarta Resort

by Canad1an

My wife and I are going to PV in less than a couple weeks. (8-15 Feb 04). I've found this site:

to be very helpful, as well as surfing through VT and searching for "Puerto Vallarta". I hope you are able to enjoy it half as much as we shall, as we intend to visit the culture for the majority of our time there.

Who knows maybe we'll meet on a bus on through the streets?

Michael & Andrea