Casa Amorita

Calle Iturbide #309 at Calle Matamoros, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, CP48300, Mexico

More about Casa Amorita

Love is in the Air

by TripAdvisor Member LuluDan

Rita Love, owner and innkeeper of this beautiful bed and breakfast is a delight. She has created comfortable and beautifully designed private accomodations in the best location in Puerto Vallarta. The attention to detail pervades the whole place from the beautiful tile work, handpainted dishes, to the lovely garden with a mango tree which provides fresh mangos for the bountiful breakfast each morning.
After exploring the city from this central location it also beckoned us back "home" for a refreshing swim in the heat of the day. Then when evening arrived Rita has provided a booklet full of tantalizing restaurants each with a different flavor most of which were within easy walking distance. We will definately return as soon as possible.

Breathtaking Views

This is one of the nicest B&B's we have stayed in. The house is immaculate and beautifully decorated. Rita provides so many extra touches including homemade soap, magazines, books, CD's, an honour bar, and a binder of restaurants with their menus.
We were in the upstairs room with a breathtaking view of the ocean and town. The cathedral was so close we felt we could reach out and touch it.The bells were not anything we could not deal with and soon became a nice part of the atmosphere.
Breakfasts were a gourmet experience.
Rita and her cohost (Maya, the dog) make this a welcoming and fun place to stay. Rita can entertain you with her stories of building her home and of her experiences in Mexico. Maya is entertaining in her own way with her habit of taking things and then looking so sorrowful when Rita shakes her finger.
The location is perfect for anyone seeking to escape the commercial beach life and actually explore Old P. Vallarta. The beach is within an easy walk if you want that.
We would definately stay here again if we were to return to P. Vallarta. So much more personal than a hotel.

Extremely Special....

We just got back from our first stay at Casa Amorita, and it made our trip to PV an extremely special one. The room was beautiful, the breafasts delicious, and the common areas/pool ideal for luxurious afternoon lounging after a day of activities.

The location is convenient and Rita and her staff are kind and helpful. Rita's restaurant recommendations alone are a reason to visit, as she knows of several excellent (and affordable) places close by rarely found in guidebooks. Two of them were so wonderful that we decided not to dine at the fancy restaurants we had read about on our last few nights and instead return to the charming neighborhood places she had suggested.

In terms of the church bells, I found them to be whimsical and enchanting, but a light sleeper may want to bring earplugs. Overall, I found the street noise of children playing, families singing and the church bells to be part of the experience and way more preferable than staying at a huge and sterile megaresort in the hotel zone miles away from town where the only people you interact with are other tourists. Thus, I would highly recommend Casa Amorita as a true gem in PV and a place where I will definitely return again.

Can't fault it !

by TripAdvisor Member Holly29

I can only add my agreement to all the posts which have been left here already. We stayed for three days here, and had the most wonderful time. Casa Amorita is beautiful, it is located a block from the Malecon and is right in the centre of things (whatever you do, don't book to stay in one of the huge hotels which are north of PV in a horrible 'hotel zone' far from the centre). The rooms are simply stunning, luxury, with lots of wonderful touches and a terrace for every room, and the communal areas are great, with a rooftop bar, a lovely swimming pool and a swim up bar! Rita is the most wonderful hostess and is available to talk to you about any tips you might want, restaurants, places to visit. It is true that the bells from the cathedral take some getting used to. The Pope died while we were there and the bells really took on a life of their own. But as Rita's book says, earplugs and tequila are available! And visit the cathedral, it is beautiful. Breakfasts are great and very very filling, so warn Rita in advance if you are not really a breakfast person! Have fun.

heavenly view!!

This charming bed and breakfast is fabulously situated on the hill just above the Village of Puerto Vallarta. I found it so convenient to shops, restuarants, the beaches, the church and what ever you might want to explore or need when there. Rita Love is a warm and brilliant hostess who goes out of her way to make you stay just perfect. The rooms are clean and the breakfasts are tasteful and hearty. A must place to stay!!!

Not for honeymooners

Casa Amorita is a nice little estblishment. The views, the sights and the sounds were breathtaking. However, if you are on your honeymoon, stay away! The walls are paper thin so everyone can hear what you are doing. Breakfast is a set time, though it was good, who wants to eat at the same time when on vacation. Casa Amorita had the feel of an upscale hostel. The deal breaker was when my wife and I wanted to check out early we had to eat the remaining 4 days of the cost of the room. I understand the cost of doing business, but this was never spelled out even though I asked before booking the trip. P.V. is great in fact we are going back this summer, but we will stay away from Casa Amorita.

Charming and very comfortable

It's been a while since I stayed at Casa Amorita, but in searching for vacations recently, I recalled what a terrific time I had here. I travelled to PV in October 2001. The place is super cozy, tastefully appointed and just beautiful in terms of the views and rooms. Breakfast was outstanding every one of the seven days we were there and each morning something different and unique was served. Rita along with her temporary house "managers" and staff could not have been more accommodating and engaging! Restaurants in the area were also excellent! I would highly recommend Casa Amorita to anyone!

Enchanting

by TripAdvisor Member sundogdays

I wont repeat all the wonderful positive thing everyone has posted, just will confirm that the super things said are more than true. I booked to take my mother for the week of the April 22-29, Ritas replies to my emails we prompt and clear. We arrive on a sweltering day and the delightful arrival at this charming oasis of calm, with cooling tropical breezes just relaxed us immediately. The location cannot be beat, as you are on the hillside the afternoon breezes keep the entre place as comfortable as you could ever wish. When you step out the door you can see the malicon and just walk a few block and there you are, go left down Matamoros and you are at the upper oldtown bridge, with all the delightful shops and restaurants below, if you turn left up the hill at the top of the block is a fantastic little tapas bar called Esquinas de los Caprichos,you can even get takeout to bring back to the pool. The rooms have ceiling fans and the front rooms have the shade of a large tree to stop the sun from beating in, I was thrilled at the fans, as one who has travelled all through mexico and central america I have looked into the insides of many airconditioners and they are always full of mold, very bad for your lungs, so ceiling fans are the best all round. What isnt mentioned is the truly handy little extras Rita does, like fluffy bathrobes, more than ample towels in the rooms, facecloths (almost nonexistant in mexico) and specific towels to take to the beach, so you dont have to pack any of that, there was a hairdryer in our room as well. you can borrow an iron. The beds are extremely comfortable, a true rarity in a country where rock-hard is the case for most beds Rita received and passed on messages from our friends and generally could not have done more to make us feel welcome. Excellent!!!

Charming & unique

Casa Amorita is a charming little place. It was our first trip to Puerto Vallarta, and we were looking for a place that was convenient, yet off the beaten track - and Casa Amorita managed to be both. The hillside location is a short (if occasionally steep) walk from the malecon and the shops and restaurants, and the elevation provides quieter streets, afternoon breezes, and a nice view. Rita Love was helpful, friendly, and efficiently managed my reservation and other questions by email. Her staff was also friendly and professional - the rooms were clean, and the breakfasts were generous and interesting (although better on some days than others). There are a small number of rooms, so the common areas were usually very quiet, and often it seemed we had the whole place to ourselves. There are reasonably priced honor bars in the kitchen and on the rooftop deck, and the pool was clean and just cool enough to be refreshing. There are plenty of towels provided, robes, bottled water, and the room had a hairdryer and a fan (in addition to the ceiling fan). The few downsides were the cathedral bells, which do ring at random moments throughout the day and night, and the set breakfast time at 9:30. This is a good place for a more independent traveller who does not need (or want) all the amenities and sterility of a resort. I thought it was a very good value, and would love to stay there again.

Lovin' Casa Amorita

Lovely, lovely, lovely. On a very spontaneous trip, me and 3 girlfriends took a trip to Puerto Vallarta. Lucky for us, we chose to stay at Rita Love's beautiful place, Casa Amorita. I am not one for those high rise hotels and prefer smaller, quaint places. I was more than pleased. Her website describes the place well, but I have to say, the pictures do not do the place justice. It is fabulous! So is Rita. She was very charming and accomodating and made us feel very welcome, even at times we thought our laughter was too loud. Rosa also was a sweetie and our rooms were always clean with some real nice touches. The beds were great - I slept better than I do in my own home.

The place has a great view but away from the noise of the city. After the first night, the cathedral bells were just background noise. And you know, this is part of the charm.

Of note is that all four of us got the best massage we have ever had in our lives. And I get a lot of massages. Luna is wonderful! HIghly recommend the massage.

The only downside is that I gained a few pounds. The breakfasts were to die for and Rita's homemade coffee cake one morning was the bomb. She was also very accomodating with the breakfast (some of us are vegetarian) Lucky for us, we did a lot of walking to and fro and were able to work off some of those calories.

I will definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to family and friends here in San Diego. Thanks, Rita!

Comments