Casa Blanca

Galeana 12, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 63732, Mexico

Good For No Data

More about Puerto Vallarta

Donnie in paradise--no cheeseburger required!Donnie in paradise--no cheeseburger required!

Exploring the townExploring the town

Our Lady of Guadalupe CathedralOur Lady of Guadalupe Cathedral

Krystal Resort pool, one of many.Krystal Resort pool, one of many.

Bus to Bucerias?

by JKHorbes

We are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta and have heard that Bucerias makes a nice day trip. I am looking for advise on how to catch a bus there? We may be going from the Marriott in PV or from Dreams in NV.
Thanks!

Re: Bus to Bucerias?

by travelgourmet

Check out the website that gives transportation tips for Puerto Vallarta. See:http://www.mexonline.com/pv/puertovallarta-general.htm

Re: Bus to Bucerias

by rkearns

(According to the Lonely Planet's Puerto Vallarta book I bought in 2008, there are buses every 15 minutes leaving from Puerto Vallarta across from the Sheraton Bouganvilias Hotel in the Zona Hotelera. The trip takes 30 minutes and costs US$2. In Bucerias, get off at the second stoplight and walk inland to the plaza.

Re: Bus to Bucerias?

by travelgourmet

The Marriott is about 3 miles on the north side of the port, while the Sheraton is south about 3 miles, A long way to catch a bus. A bus line does stop at all the hotels in Nuevo Vallarta area like Dreams and is very close to Bucerias. You may fine that the taxi is not that expensive to go from NV to either downtown PV or to Bucerias.

Travel Tips for Puerto Vallarta

The People!

by jamiesno

I have always said since I returned from Puerto Vallarta and Mexico in general that the people made my trip! They always seemed happy and friendly. Maybe just eager to take my pesos, but I don't think so!

On a seperate Mexico page I dedicate five travelogues to these people. Please rate this tip and leave your comments! I love them all.

Here are my five travelogues dedicated to people I met in Mexico!

1. The Mexico People
2. The Mexico People (2)
3. The Mexico People (3)
4. The Mexico People (4)
5. The Mexico People (5)

Excursions

by jamiesno

If you want to go on an excursion get a ride to the marina. There is a bank there and search around for the best deal.

You'll see in this picture that there are plenty of operators just waiting to take you and you can probably negotiate.

We bought one straight from a guy back at the beach where he got a commission and we didn't get the best deal.

There is also a bank right at the marina so getting extra pesos is no problem and you are close to downtown then as well.

Public Nudity :-)

by jamiesno

This wouldn't be a local custom for the locals really but there are a lot of Canadians and German people during our visit that enjoyed shedding their clothes.

It wasn't everywhere but there would always be a number of them.

This was interesting as a northerner where we are used to four layers of clothing most of the year :-)

While downtown (maybe it just...

by lar-n-me

While downtown (maybe it just happened to be while we were there, hmmmmm...) you'll see the 'PV Cops' driving around town. I don't know about anyone else,...but we decided to BEHAVE that night!!!:) YIKES is that an AK10?????
They had their flashing lights on constantly (as IF we didn't know they were there!!!)
We came to a final conclusion they're not as horrific as their appearance. We passed them in our little rented VW bug once, I was standing out the sunroof videotaping downtown life AND the cops as we passed them (semi expecting they'd pull us over yet taking the chance anyway), and they simply honked!! Now, was that a friendly honk or a warning honk???......

kitchen stuff

by susiemargare

if you are staying where you can cook, bring some of those little picnic salt-and-pepper sets. the salt in the grocery stores is loose, and the smallest size you can get is about a kilo (a little over two pounds). the pepper containers in the stores hold too much for a short stay.

Comments