Club Riu Jalisco Hotel

Avenida de los Cocoteros s/n, Lote K, Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, 63732, Mexico
#90 of 178 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Spa and Resort Beaches Water Sports

Riu Jallisco Great Beach

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 11, 2008

We stayed a week at the Riu Jallisco all inclusive. Food was good-salads were fresh and there seemed to be enough variety. Beds were very hard but hotel did provide a foam mattress. Rooms were clean but I did have an item go missing from my room...we were told by our tour operator not to "temp his people" but I did not think to lock my Victoria's Secret Bra in the safe. The only a la carte' we ate at was the Brazillian which was good. The swim up bar was nicknamed the "pee pool" for the first few days as it was quite dirty, but it was cleaned up shortly after we said something. The hotel grounds were the nicest we saw along the stretch of beach, and there are lots of mature palms for shade. There is construction happening on the roof, but this is not a concern unless you plan to sleep in your room during the day. The shows are the same cheesy shows as most hotels. The only thing I saw that really turned me off was 71 dead snakes on the beach on my walk to Bucerias but this is not a refection of this hotel and I would recommend it.

Unique Quality: Nice swim up bar-separate kiddy pool with a slide. Beach restraunt open for lunch. Short walk from rooms to beach/pools. Excellent staff. Clean. Good food. No complaints.

Directions: Nuevo Vallarta

mediocre resort - does not meet advertised quality

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 16, 2005

Rooms:
The balcony was great. The view was beautiful.
Minibar restocking occurred every 2 days.
The room also had a TV with a sufficient number of English channels and a good sized bathroom.
Sound carries very strongly there. The worst part was the bed. It was not only hard, but also lumpy. The sheets are not cotton - they're polyester, and the bottom sheet has some sort of plastic lining. This feels absolutely disgusting!!! The small lumpy pillows we had smelled like mildew. Overall, did not get one good night's sleep there.

Restaurants:
Food was mediocre. Comparable to a college cafeteria at best. Don Emilliano and Donna Adelita, right across from each other have the exact same food and only differ slightly in decor. It's also the only one (or 2) with AC. The breakfast there is good. Dinner: bleh.
Nayarit - serves a buffet lunch and reservation only for dinner. The first day we arrived, we dressed up and went for our 6:30 reservation for our anniversary dinner. No AC. We really knew we were in for disappointment when we got the bread basket. It looked like nice hot buttered bread nice wrapped in a napkin but I'm 95% certain the bread was cheap hamburger buns cut into strips and dripped with butter. They brought out the meat on scuers in an attempt at Brazilian style like meal - you got a small piece of chicken, sausage, beef and ostrich. The chicken was the only good one. The dessert looked very pretty - like tiramisu - but tasted like something completely synthetic and horrible.
La Botana, the "steakhouse" by the beach, had average hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza as well as a soft taco station at lunch. The corn tortillas were good, but the meats were nothing to speak of. At dinner, they had steak which tasted okay, but only if you got it straight off the grill as it was cooked and pretty good chicken. They also have a guy with a pretty good voice and a keyboard providing entertainment in the evening there.

Unique Quality: Beach:
Beach is nice. They have nice loungers, but no good shade there except for that provided by palm trees. Catamaran, kayaks, and boogie boards are included. The guy in charge of them has a nasty/lazy attitude though and only 1 hr per day is allowed.

Pools:
There are 2 pools. There is good shade around them. They seemed clean enough though hot. Separate entertainment staff/games at both too. Of course there were still kids in the adult pool - I fault the selfish parents for that though, not the staff. The staff made announcements to ask the kids to leave every few hours or so.

The Entertainment:
I thought the entertainment was good. There were pool/beach games for both adults and kids. Live music in the evenings prior to the shows. Mini shows kids could participate in. The evening shows were good - nice costumes and good eye candy, but nothing spectacular as far as dancing is concerned.
The animation team is very lively and good looking - you'll get extra attention if you're young, blond, and female. The disco is a sad sad place. the entrance smells twice as bad as the bathrooms that are next door. the music is mostly hip hop and riggatone. the DJ does not know how to make a transition between songs.
The spa:
My husband won a 15 minute massage at a pool game and gave it to me. Deep tissue massages are done under a canopy on the beach. I got mine
from a guy named Miguel and it was HEAVENLY!

The service:
We never once got anything that we asked for from the lobby. The closest we got was when we asked for more mineral water in the mini fridge and got beer. Extra towels never came. Our shower never drained properly the whole time we were there. I called about it every day and nothing happened.

Other:
Money exchange is available but no ATM anywhere near. Internet didn't work when i needed to use it one day.
There is a $4 connection charge to make a call and it's not guaranteed to work.

LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Fancy smanchy Neuvo Vallarta Resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 24, 2003

Wow this place was nice! I was given the opportunity to film anywhere in Mexico for a film on ALL-Inclusive resorts and I chose this place. It had all the components you could want, down to a liquor dispenser in the room! Most all the rooms are ocean view and have a rocken balcony. Even the free movie chanels were awesome, I watch Ann of a 1000 days and Caveman with Ringo Star, drunk with liquor and sun! The food ruled, the pools were great, and the nighttime disco was a blast. I traveled alone, as I usually do, and was never alone. There were so many friendly Canadians asking questions that I always had a drinking partner. Let me again say this: this is a drunks paradise, booze was EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

Unique Quality: Hotel Room, A/C, ceiling fan, 2 double beds, satellite TV, phone, mini-bar, liquor dispenser, in-room safe, hair dryer, bathroom with shower, balcony or terrace. (Max. Occ. 3 ad or 2 ad + 2 ch).

FACILITIES:
Pools. Kids pool. Jacuzzis. Lounge chairs and towel service. Restaurants. Bars. Swim-up bar. Health and Spa center. Sauna. Gym. Beauty salon. Disco. Theater. Mini-club. Kids playground. Boutique and gift shop. Watersports center. Golf and horseback riding nearby. KIDS STAY FREE: Kids 12 years and under stay and eat free when in room with 2 adults. Blackout dates apply

KIDS SPECIAL:
Kids 12-17 years pay special all-inclusive rates when in room with 2 adults

ALL-INCLUSIVE:
Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, buffet and made to order food stations (for Brazilian restaurant, reservations are required and dress code is in effect), choice of 2 seatings for dinner, theme nights, late evening snacks, unlimited domestic and international drinks 10:30am-midnight, in-room mini bar with liquor dispenser restocked regularly, daily activities, nightly entertainment, table tennis, shuffleboard, 1 introductory
scuba lesson in pool, day/night tennis, multi sports court, non-motorized watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking and snorkeling, disco (entrance and drinks), gratuities.

Directions: A new property which opened in summer 2002, located in Nuevo Vallarta on an exceptionally long beach.

6 Photos of Club Riu Jalisco Hotel

Puerto Vallarta Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Vallarta, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Vallarta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Vallarta hotel reviews

Puerto Vallarta Old Town map
My favorite meal in PV.
Museo Histórico Naval
Things to Do
How great is this place !!!
high-quality women's bathing suits, sizes 6-36