Costa Club Punta Arena Puerto Vallarta

Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio 1737, Zona Hotelera, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48310, Mexico

Costa Club Punta Arena
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• taryn21's Profile Photo

Mediocre Accomodations

On our last visit to PV in Jan/07, we stayed all-inclusive for the first time at Costa Club Punta Arena. The first room that was given to us had not been cleaned at all and all the bedding had not been changed. That put a bad taste in our mouths. The second room that was given to us was nicer, at least clean. If all you want is a clean bed to sleep in...this place is okay. The food was very mediocre, drinks were not good. And it is right next to a creek/drainage type thing that runs towards the ocean and an unfinished 15(?) storey hotel. So the view isn't so good. It's cheap, but I wouldn't recommend it. We would not stay there again.

• AdamCode's Profile Photo

A circus of a hotel (literally)

I stayed at Costa Club Punta Arena for 7 nights in March 2005 for a college Spring Break trip with 7 other guys. We paid for an all-inclusive trip that seemed like a decent deal. We were wrong. Being college students, I would say that we are all usually very tolerant of noise, crappy food, and humble living accomodations, but this place was below everyone's standards!

For example, the 8 of us had 4 seperate rooms, two to a room that is, and my room key happened to work for 3 out of the 4 locks. This was not intended. Also, one day my roomate and I came back to our room to find the outside door knob had been entirely removed and we were still locked out. After telling the front desk, we returned to find a new knob with a different lock. The maintance guy eventually gave us the key. The kicker is that they tried to charge us for a doorknob change when we were checking out! What?

Other things, the all inclusive buffet was horrible slop. Once I saw spaghetti noodles with tomatoe sauce and cut up hot dogs...the food ended up making most of us sick- it was aimed at meeting the Mexican standard of food I guess. What else, oh yeah your room will have no view of the ocean because there is a gutted abandoned high rise blocking the way. Also, the carnival is located right next door. If you plan on ever sleeping in, bring ear plugs because obnoxious Mexican music commences before 8 am on the loudspeaker at the pool. If you can't tell by now, we all hated this place! Don't go! Spend an extra $100 for the week and stay somewhere much better!

More about Costa Club Punta Arena Puerto Vallarta

costa club punta arena

by TripAdvisor Member BCtaveler

we stayed at costa club for one week from feb 7 to feb 14/05 . our praise for the entertainment crew you guys were great , food was good although a little repetitious , staff was excellent room service good . we would recommend it to anyone for a vacation , peter and marlene BC canada

Hola Costa Club

by TripAdvisor Member Connie79

We just returned from Costa Club, we were there with our two girls aged 8 and 12 and had a great time. Sure their is an abandoned resort nearby, it's not completed because the owner died before it could be finished, now it's being battled for in his will (but this is the rumor), it effects every other resort in the area not just the Costa Club, you don't even care it's there. The food was just fine, if you don't want to go to the main dining room you could eat by the beach/pool snack area. The food there consists of hamburgers, hotdogs, wings, fries etc. The resort staff was very friendly and very helpful. They always greeted us from morning to night with a smile and a wish for a great day. Thanks for Lalo, Maru, Simone, Senior Frog's and all the rest of the crew for a memorable trip. We only wish that the young people staying as this resort were as courteous and respectful of other guests, they could take a few lessons from the Costa Club staff on manners and etiquette. Our children felt perfectly at home here and the resort was very clean, there was not a speck of garbage anywhere. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, every room in the resort was different, and the staff was very accomodating to change the room if we didn't care for it.

If you like.....

If you like
having your honeymoon ruined by.....
rude hotel staff....not all
Food poisoning ,have medical documents by Mexican and Canadian doctors
being blasted awake at 8:30 by hotels"activities"
not being able to exchange money 24/7 as asdvertised
having to scale a 7 ft gate to get to the beach
being treated like "Ha ,we have yer money already ,we don;t have to do any more for you "
Flinstone air conditioning
paying for safety deposit boxes after being told its free
no response to complaints of noisy patrons
bar closing at 10 pm
eating in a gym
looking at a building that resembles a war zone
being rushed thru your one a la carte meal ,which wasn't that great
ordering from Pizza Hut for a decent meal

Then Make your Reservations NOW at the Costa club Punta arena !!!!!
One thing they couldn't screw up was the weather !!!!
Manaement please feel free to respond
Now for some good comments ,try the Hacienda ,its wonderful !

A pretty good place to have fun

We stayed at Costa Club for 7 days ..I have to say it was a lot of fun ...Bell boys were nice but people at the front desk not so nice ...They entertain you at night at the buffet ..(not too bad) ..all inclusive so you can drink all day ..they give you tickets to get in to a bar or a club ..so instead of paying at the club and waiting in line there ..you can just walk in with your ticket that you already have....bar closes at 10 so ..they wont even give you a drink if your 5 minutes late ..so that was pretty bad ..Its a fun place to be ..during the day when your outside they dance by the pool and play music even your music if you want it played... Over all I had a good time ..met lots of new people ..and I would probably go back there if I had the chance ..

Three Days Was Enough

Originally we were going to stay for 9 nights and we are certainly glad there was no availability for our entire stay in Mexico. If I ever do all inclusive again it will certainly be a 4 or 5 star. The grounds and pool area at the Costa Club were beautiful and well maintained but the rooms were totally beat up. We saw two of the rooms as we had to change as the advertised in room lock boxes were not in all rooms. I would not have left my belongings without the lock box. Thank heavens we were on holidays and spent very little time in the room. We did not even have anywhere to sit in the room except on the bed. The breakfasts were good at the buffet but I cannot say much about the rest of the meals as we did not spend much time in the meal area. It was kind of like a gymnasium and not that comfortable. There was an a la carte restaurant but it never seemed to be open when we were there. The tiny little bar at the pool was handy and I must say the bartenders were very good at keeping them coming. Tip these folks well. The pool area was very nice but the same music screamed at you each day. Thank heavens the beach was close by as it was much nicer to be there. Too bad about the view from the hotel - with this hugh unfinished hotel project that took up all the good real estate along the beach front. We were told it had been sitting like that for about 8 years. We did meet some nice people at the resort and that was definitely a plus. It was not what I had been expecting in an all inclusive resort from all the wonderful things others have told us about staying at them. Three days was enough at this one. Mexico has so much to offer. It is a shame to spend to spend all your time at one place anyway and the wonderful restaurants in the area should be experienced rather than eating at the same buffet all the time. We moved south to Mismaloya and the wonderful Casa Iguana Hotel and definitely breathed a sigh of relief. We will never return to the Costa Club at Punta Arena.
(Visited on Feb.14 to 16/2005)

Not the worst but not good.

We just returned from P.V. We were at the Costa Club for 9 nights. This hotel is not a very nice place. We checked in on time and things went fairly smoothly to that point. There were four of us staying here, two couples in two rooms. We were given one key to our room and were told they had only one key per room. As it turns out this was not true. The next day the desk was staffed by a different person who found a second key to our room, but not to our companions. We asked for a safe-deposit box and were given a poorly working locking mechanism for the safe in our room. The trouble is, there was no safe in our room. After a call to the front desk, a very rude employee came to our room. It was clear he intended to show me the safe and insinuated that I was not very observant. Low and behold, he didn't find a safe either. My wife and I had to chuckle a little. This was true in approximately 50% of the rooms, if my informal survey was at all accurate. The rooms seemed old, although according to a plaque in the lobby, the hotel was opened in 2002. Our room was poorly designed and the furniture was in poor shape and uncomfortable. We were lucky in some aspects, our air-conditioning was ice cold and the shower was steamy hot. Our traveling companions were not as lucky. Their air-conditioning was cool at best and they had hot water on only one morning. Calls to the front desk to fix the hot water were largely ignored. On the three occasions that a technician was sent, they were unsuccessful in solving the problem. Also, our friends had a key that fit several rooms on their floor. A fact they found out after being informed of this by the folks across the hall from them. Not a very good feeling. As with other reviews, I agree with most of the negative points of this "resort". The old, uncompleted hotel on the beach is a real eyesore and has been there since 1991. There are no plans to tear it down. Why you would build a new hotel with this old derelict building blocking the view of the ocean is beyond me. The noise in this resort is unpleasant. The staff is poorly trained in customer service and rude. The condo-hawkers in the lobby are relentless and can be openly hostile. The brackish lagoon along the walkway to the beach is very unpleasant in both sight and smell. There is trash everywhere and the beach is the worst we have experienced in our 20+ trips to Mexico. The food...well to be fair, the breakfast offered two very good menu items. The pancakes were excellent and the hash-browns were delicious. As for the rest, not very good. The drink machine was out-of-order the entire time we were there. The water cooler worked most of the time, when it wasn't empty. I could go on but you get the idea. I have tried to be honest and give the Costa Club the benefit of the doubt where applicable, but the truth of the matter is, this was a very disappointing vacation due entirely to this property. I hope this helps.

You make it five stars

We decided to go to mexico for our reading week and stayed at the Punta Arena. This was the most amazing place I have ever been too not because of the hotel itself but becasue of its staff. If you are not willing to have a good time then there is not point in you ever going to mexico period. I read all these bad reviews, and its what you make of it. The food was not all that creat but who cares have a beer. the room was amazign, and the maids no matter what they did got all the sand out of the shower (amazing to me). There is a big ugly building in the way but trust me you soon forget its there. The beach is fun, and very relaxing, and you can hit the waves head on.
NOw for the staff and what they had to offer. The staff was amazing and we loved every second with them. They made us laugh a lot, and even today we say things like i miss LALO, of Jess, or JAMES BOND. The games were amazing there, and we just had the time of our lives. So if you want to go to mexico go with a open mind to have fun and get what you paid for. If you put in a little effort the staff, and Mexico will make you smile for weeks after. I highly suggest this hotel, have a great time and have a SOL for me. Cheers.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mllock

Stay Away!!!!I just returned from a week at this (if you can even call it) hotel...and want to get this out before I forget the details.
First let me say that this was not my first time in Mexico or PV...neither was it for most of our group of 16. So its safe to say that this is not a single opinion...nor is it tainted by a bunch of high maintanence 5 star resort junkies.
From the moment we arrived we were rudely "escorted" to a "suite" until our rooms were ready nearly 6 hours later. Most of us were only given one key for the room(which they seemed to never have another one for the rest of the week). And we realized later that most of the keys would open other doors in the hotel.
Yes the room safe is free...but the lock is not...and charged per day!
The front desk staff was rude, unhelpful...and never had cash onhand for money exchange. There was a break in at the hotel one night and the management was notonly not suprised but didt seem to care. There is absolultely NO security...anyone can come and go at anytime.
THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE...Soggy french fries, raw chicken nuggets, gummy pasta, bruised fruit, and hot dogs disguised as sausages.That accompanied by ear shattering BINGO games at breakfast, and "Vegas Style" reviews reminisant of a high school talent show during dinner.
I cant comment on the reastuarant in the hotel because out reservation was never honered...becuse we were never given a reservation reciept...and were tuned away even though the reservation book clearly had our names and number in the group written down...it finally took the Gen. Manager to clear things up...as the hostess walked away. Just so there is no confusion...this is a reservation only space in the hotel...the all inclusive buffet is in a community hall attached to the resort.
As for the hotel itself...There is garbage, broken glass, broken beach chairs and contrary to other reviews an UNGODLY abandoned half built resort that completely obscures the view of the beach. This accompanied by a dirty smelly sewage lagoon running along the "boardwalk".
There were many noisey children, blaring music, dirty bed lines, minimal or no AC, no hot water...EVER! no safe in our room...furniture missing from rooms...outageous charges for towel service...a remote control for thr TV...local phone calls...and dont even think of losing your all inclusive braclet($60/per day)
Over all. this was the worst resort I have ever stayed at...I will never return and certainly dont want anyone to have an experience like ours...STAY AWAY!!!! Pay an extra $150 and go for a 4 Star.

COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA

by jazzy432

We ended up confirming our booking with Costa Club Punta Arena - looks like it may turn out to be ok..I found another site that had reviews and trip advisor was sporting a couple of new ones when i returned to check it out.. HOWEVER>>>>If anyone has been there or knows of anyone that has - can you please respond..
Gracias !
Jazz

RE: COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA

by velcac

Hi I ´ve been there ( cost aclub punta arena) and you can spend a great time...is one of the nearest hotels of the discos partys. and best beaches.... the instlations are good,... the food, they try to be the best....

Now I can tell you that I vé a reservartion for this month 24 to 27 ofMarch, we will see you there?

RE: RE: COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA

by jazzy432

hi there.. will just miss you - going to be there starting the 28th of march...sorry we will miss each other ! What else can you tell me about costa club? You say its near discos? And what did you mean about instalations?

Comments