Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Carretera Barra de Navidad Km. 3.5, Playa las Estacas, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico

Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
Tingo.com Otel.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 47% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Was Camino Real

Clean well maintained and on a very nice private beach setting. Several restaurants on the property.

Unique Quality: Nice location, a short taxi ride (I think is was less than $4 one way) into town so one doesn't feel "captive" at an all inclusive. Get out and see the town of P V. Don't feel trapped at an all inclusive.

• RussTX's Profile Photo

Fantastic Beach and Resort

My stay at Dreams was wonderful. Everything from the grounds to the beach to the room itself was great. It is a little south of town but still only a 5 or 10 dollar cab ride. Unlike most of the hotels in town you have your own private beach with 2 huge cliffs on either side. All 3 pools were and the grounds were wonderful. The bar that looks over the pool and the beach was my favorite. The food at dreams was good with a lot of different options from Mexican to Italian to buffet. However the restaurants in town are phenomenal and I would highly recommend venturing out to try a few.
    The rooms were great, I would recommend staying in the newer dreams tower with a balcony and slightly larger room. They are right on the beach and view and sound of the waves were great. The mattresses are very firm so ask for a mattress pad when you check.
    The staff were some of the friendliest people, very helpful and attentive for anything you need all speak very good English but love to speak Spanish w/ gringos if you know any. Would have a lot of trouble staying somewhere else if I were back in P.V.

Unique Quality: The views, beach, location, and friendly staff.

• ScubaMom's Profile Photo

Our First All-Inclusive...worth every penny!

This was my first time at an all-inclusive resort and I have to say that I never want to travel any other way! The location is beautiful, with the jungle on one side and the ocean on the other. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty!! We had a long hot ride from the airport (no a/c in the taxis..at least until after 3pm) and when we walked into the open air lobby we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a cool, damp wash cloth. People had complained about the beds being hard, but we did not think they were at all uncomfortable ans slept well every night. Our room was just under the penthouse and we had such great views! We could see sting rays swimming through the water. There are 5 restaurants on site which were all good to great. We really enjoyed the sea food restaurant which was open air and out on the beach. The staff members were all very accommodating. There is an adults only pool with a bar next to it that is very nice for lounging. The beach is very nice and private. They have endors that they allow on the beach but they work for the resort and do no harass you in any way like on most of the public beaches. In fact, we had to practically chase them down so that we could buy something.

Unique Quality: Private beach, beautiful setting.

Directions: South of Puerto Vallarta

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

#1 Beach in Puerto Vallarta

Our stay was in one word increadible. The hotel is a 4 star, with 5 star service. The building is old, but renovated, & always being cleaned. We were so pleased with our trip, that we are saving for another trip on our 2nd anniversary!

Unique Quality: Free room service 24 hours a day, great shows every evening, activities every hour to keep busy... They have their own Kayaking, rock climbing (natural) wall, & best of all, a Sea Turtle Sanctuary. In the month of September, the eggs hatch & guests can release them for a small donation to go toward the sanctuary.

Directions: Just south of downtown, a couple of minutes. Just $4.00 by taxi.. About 20 minutes south from the airport

More about Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Camino Real Puerto Vallarta

by sharir about Camino Real Puerto Vallarta

did a chartered special so I'm not sure. Great ocean views, beautiful landscaping. The hotel is somewhat isolated in terms of the beach so there was not alot of vendors. Minutes from downtown, within walking tdistance to Mismaloya.

beautiful location

by TripAdvisor Member blossom

The best thing about the Camino Real is the spot it's in. On our arrival taxi drive from the airport we weren't impressed at all with the looks of the marina where many big hotels are. But as we drove further south through the town, it became more interesting and by the time we reached the Camino Real, the scenery was enchanting. The hotel is older, but it is still a beautiful, charming, well-kept property.
Club level rooms are large with great big balconies. The club breakfast and cocktail hour are fine, nothing really special. The beds are hard!
Rooms could use a little update, but my picky kids were still very impressed, and I was more than happy when I first saw our room; nicer than I'd expected. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed at in PV, but I'm willing to bet that all in all, it's the nicest!

Beautiful Camino Real

by TripAdvisor Member JackieCalifornia

I have been to Puerto Vallarta eight times and have stayed at several different places. I even own a timeshare at Villa del Palmar (only because I purchased it for almost nothing via the internet). Having said that, the Camino Real is absolutely the best! When I stayed there I stayed in a regular room and upgraded to a lanai room in the regular tower, with balcony. Yes, the regular rooms are not luxurious, but they are large, clean with gorgeous views. But what makes the resort is location, location, location, plus wonderful people, service, and ambiance. Am returning in November and staying in the club tower, even though I could use my timeshare. Also, I would like to say that I don`t think the hotel is very far from the downtown area at all. I always take the bus and it is a very short ride, much shorter than from the hotel zone or marina. There isn`t another resort in Vallarta that I would choose over the Camino Real.

Beautiful find, great value, if you don't mind the beds!

Beautiful hotel, gorgeous location, much more convenient to downtown Puerto Vallarta than the other hotels in the Marina. Lush landscaping, quiet rooms where you hear only the pounding surf at night. Very friendly and helpful staff. I agree with what others have said re plusses and minuses: definitely stay in a Tower room, and know in advance that the beds are not great. Also, the hotel can be a bit dead; there aren't organized activities, and as of the end of August, only one restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch, and another for dinner.
If that doesn't bother you (you might find it an advantage if you want to avoid cheesy and loud places full of North Americans), this is a really nice place to stay. There is nothing like sitting out on the large balconies with that view and the waves! The food is good value; they aren't ripping you off like at many resorts, and it ranges from serviceable to very good, depending on what you get. The free breakfast you get if you are in the Tower is a great deal; now that it is off season and they aren't doing a special breakfast for the Tower, you can either have the very extensive buffet at the restaurant or order whatever you want from the menu (which has lots of variety, from Mexican-style to American-style to vegetarian choices). If you want to be able to sample the terrific gourmet options in Puerto Vallarta, the Camino Real is extremely convenient. We especially enjoyed Trio (creative Eur. food), Bombo's (French cooking with Mexican touches, and a fabulous view over downtown PV), De Santos (hip atmosphere), and La Piazzetta (very tasty Italian in the Zona Romantica); one of us loved Archie's Wok (pan-Asian, mostly Filipino) and the other didn't, while we thought Xitomates ("haute Mexican cuisine") was average. The food at any of these places was equal to or better to "foodie" restaurants in Calif. cities, but at a much more reasonable price. One more important thing: if you plan to sleep past 8:30 in the morning, be sure to put a "do not disturb" sign on your door, or the maid will likely ring the bell or just walk on in. Other than that, the staff is very efficient and professional. Most importantly (and this is not to be underestimated in PV), no one there will try to sell you a timeshare of any kind, take advantage of you or prevent you from doing anything other than relaxing!! Great resort in great city, as long as you don't mind the bed!

All inclusive hotel with spa?

by cdwdnw

Mom and I are stealing away for a little mother daughter fun while she's in from the cold & dark confines of her apartment in Moscow so I'm looking for an all inclusive with spa or near spa? Anyone know of a tried and true?

RE: All inclusive hotel with spa?

by YVRDave