Fiesta Americana - Puerto Vallarta

Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico

Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great Hotel and Service

Great place to stay. Very modern and with great ammenities. Everything you would expect from a good resort. Large pool, Gym, Sauna, Restaurant's and great service. Tip: buy the meal plan. Its worth it. Food is excelent.

• Superb Hotel and Setting

We stayed at Fiesta Americana in early March for the first time. We have stayed at FA Grand Coral Beach in Cancun. This FA was extremely nice with a very unique Palapa open lobby. The staff were very attentive, gorgeous setting, great pools, and a terrific beach. Sunday morning breakfast buffet is huge and worth taking in. The location is convenient to the Marina area and taxis/buses are always close by. The rooms all look out on the Bay of Banderas and we could watch dolphins jumping. We would highly recommend staying here. Our visit could not have been improved and we will be back.

Unique Quality: The three story palapa lobby is worth checking out even if you do not stay here. There are constant breezes from the ocean. The pools and setting are superb. The view from our room was great and you can watch fireworks from the Pirate cruise ship at night from your private balconey

Directions: Hotel Zone

• marca's Profile Photo

It's where the Mexican's vacation.

I understand that this hotel was completely renovated after the hurricane in 2002. All rooms have an ocean view (lower levels may overlook the huge free form pool. Rooms contain modern tub/shower, blowdryer (which we could not operate), balcony, coffee pot (for a $2.50 fee), small refrigerator and a powerfull A/C system that required a heavy comforter at night even while set to the highest temperature possible.

We were there in July (the tourist off season) and the hotel is popular with Mexican familys on vacation. They have a well attended 'Kid's Club' program to occupy the children while the parents can relax.

Unique Quality: Huge free form pool with swim up bar. Pool is about 4 feet deep at the lowest point. I never entered the pool due to the number of kids and the also the beach had shade. The beach was just beyond the pool.

The beach had plenty of lounge chairs and thach-roofed huts to supplement the palm trees. The ocean was not for the faint of heart or little kids. The water was murky from the nearby river and the water got neck deep within 6 feet of where the waves broke.

We ate at the 'nicer' restaurant the first night and found the food to be very good. The chef at the beach restaurant cooked some fish that we caught while deep sea fishing earlier in the day. It was nice of them to do that for tourists.

Warning-We tried to use the room telephone when we first arrived but were not sucessful. On checkout, we were charged $4.00 for the incomplete calls.

Directions: In the Hotel Zone

More about Fiesta Americana - Puerto Vallarta

Just ok

by TripAdvisor Member summerlove

I have spent 6 months reading reviews and have to agree...the Fiesta Americana is very pretty but lacked a lot too...We just returned from five days at this resort. Compared to other resorts (Sun Palace, Moon Palace in Cancun and the Fiesta Americana in Cabos San Lucas, this FA in PV was not up to 5 star standards. The lobby with the impressive Palapa made us feel we were on "Gilligan's Island." It was VERY unique!! The grounds and ambience around the pool were very tropical and beautiful. BUT...the problems were from the start: Musty smelling room. Never enough tissues, towels or toilet paper. Old furniture that needs replacing. Drippy toilet and sink with slow drain. The outdoor breakfast each morning was good. Not great. It was $74 (including tip) for the four of us to get the buffet. The buffet did not have the selection of fresh fruit we have found at other resorts. There were too many peddlars on the beach beyond the roped off area of the hotel and you couldn't walk the beach without being pested! The ocean water was very warm but there were so many hard rocks/large pebbles that my daughter and I decided to stay at the pool. The pool was warm, but the baby pool was adjoined and it seemed a little unclean because of that.
I thought the music at the pool was ok. Everything was ok. I'm a teacher, and I'd rate it a C. For the money and the anticipation, I was disappointed. BUT...we had a FABULOUS vacation in Puerto Vallarta.
Would I return to the FA in PV? Not sure. The location was perfect and overall the stay at the FA was OK. Oh...I heard construction, but not as loud as previous reviews mentioned. And I thought the music at the pool was fine, too.

Fiesta Americana

Just returned agree with the previous comments the hotel was beautiful the grounds were immaculate the waiters, bartenders, maids were wonderful, problems were with the front desk they were like prison guards the hotel was at about 30% occupancy had a problem getting a king size bed they told me only the first floor was available, we were told to try again the next day we did and we got a king size bed on the 4th floor we were originally on the 5th, no problem with that however the room had some tiny insects and we had to move again this time they tell my husband and myself that only the 2nd floor was available if they had 30% occupancy that was a lot nobody was there. Then we get stuck in the elevator the first time we arrive in our room get our swimsuits on and decide to get something to eat, Well the elevator stops in between floors we waited for about 25 minutes before they opened the doors we had to jump out onto the 4th floor. I went to see our tour operator we told him how unhappy we were with the front desk he took us to see the mgr of course he was at a meeting and would be back in an hour we went back of course no mgr we told our tour guide to tell the mgr to call us in our room around 5:00 he never did. Look We've been going to P. Vallarta, for 15 yrs sometimes 2x in a year.
Have stayed in many hotels never got treated like We did at this hotel the front desk treatment was the worst they didn't even say good morning or smile or anything. For this, I will write this same letter to the general mgr of the hotel and let him know that we will never go back there again. One more thing, last year we went to the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach in Cancun and I must say it was the best hotel muy husband and I have ever been to. Again as far as the rest of the staff they were wonderful and the food and everything was great we didn't let the front desk ruin our vacation.

Muy Grande!

by TripAdvisor Member Nerdy_Dood

Went as a Birthday gift for my girlfriend for first week of December.Goods:*Pool is big and spacious *Daily Activities around the hotel (Pool V-Ball, Happy Hour) *Great Staff *Great Exchange Rate Better than some Cambio de Casas (US $) *All Rooms look like theyre an Ocean View *Great Location (near Downtown) only 4 pesos ($0.40) to go to Downtown *Great bunch of Concierges. *Great sunset view out of hotel rooms. Bads:*Beds are like sleeping on concrete. *Still some construction, but we barely noticed. *Pigeons come into room and poop if you have balcony door open. *Hotel food not that cheap. *Darn vendors on the Beach. I must have said No Gracias a hundred times per day! *Beaches and snorkeling are not that great compared to Hawaii. Flew in on 11/30 and once we got to the hotel, my girlfriend was in awe of the large Palapa in the lobby. She must have spent a whole 5 minutes looking around the lobby and the bar and the pool area. Check in was a breeze and they supplied my with a lock for the safe, 2 keys, and a card entitling me to 2 towels in the beach palapas.Rooms had a great view of the ocean and you could still hear the ocean from the 7th floor. Bed was quite bigbut was the hardest bed Ive ever slept in my entire life. Rooms had a marble floor and bathrooms were nice and modern and clean. Big closets and a big mirror in the bathroom and outside. View was absolutely magnificent and you could spend hours in your hotel balcony. We even drank the sink water no problem!Sun goes down about 6:30 p.m. and I would say the temperature dips to about 70 degrees. Had dinner at Le Kliff (absolutely the most romantic restaurant Ive been to, worth the 30 minute drive), La Palapa (great food and view), Pipis Restaurant (energetic and vibrant), Rhythm of the Nights (a must do for romantics)Tours we did; Rhythm of the Night (Mucho Romantico), Horseback Tour (Waterfall ride was awesome at Rancho El Charro), Pirate Ship Marigalante (Entertaining), Dolphin Encounter.I would definitely recommend Puerto Vallarta, the Fiesta Americana, all the restaurants (especially Le Kliff), and all the tours we were on. Best vacation hands down!

nice, but missing something

I only stayed here one night, so I have limited knowledge of hotel
facilities.
The weird thing about the Fiesta Americana is that you're only allowed to have 3 people per room. Families with 2 adults and 2 kids, look elsewhere. My family of 4 left one child sitting in the lobby to come up 5 minutes later and that worked fine. (only if you have kids old enough to do that). The rooms were a pretty good size (but know that there is no room for a rollaway bed), but the beds were TINY! If there's only one person to a bed thats fine, but since we were sharing, there was barely enough room for both of us. The rooms all face the ocean which is very nice. However, facing the ocean means they also face the pool. Guests staying on floors 1,2 or 3 beware of early morning noises. There is a mini-bar in the room, and surprisingly the food is not ridiculously overpriced. (just somwhat). if you're not too lazy to go out, turn left at the hotel entrance and there's a small grocery store about a block down.

The pool is beautiful, but has no deep end. The deepest it gets is
about 4 feet. It does, however, have a swim-up bar which is pretty
cool. If you want a lounge chair, make sure to reserve it before 10am
or you're out of luck. We only ate one meal at the hotel, and I can't
say it was that great. There are 2 restaurants in the hotel, one that
is open for breakfast and lunch, and one that is open for dinner. We
ate the buffet that is put out for every meal, however, if you want
smaller portions, you can order off the menu which contains the exact
same food as the buffet. I definitely wasn't wild about the food, or
the quality of service. It took us forever to get a waiter when we
needed one, and they weren't very friendly. Don't get me wrong, they
weren't rude, they just were not friendly. The beach is fairly small as
well. The amount of actual sand between the beach chairs and the water
can't be more than about 15 feet. And the waves crash so high it's
terrible for boogie-boarding. The one thing I loved about the hotel is
the lobby. There are no doors so it feels completely open and airy. It
is beautifully decorated, complete with a waterfall and small bridge.
The lobby also has a bar which has everything. I was amazed at the
number of bottles. I'm sure they can make anything you want. Aside from
the lobby, the best thing about the Fiesta Americana is it's location.
It's closer to downtown puerto vallarta than most of the other hotels.
The bus, which I don't recomend, stops fairly nearby and will take you
about 8 blocks from downtown for I think 5 pesos. Or, here's a better
option for travellers in parties of 3 or more, take a taxi. From the
hotel to downtown, taxis are about 30-45 pesos and they take you right
where you want to go, with no extra stops. Lastly, when you check in,
if you're staying for more than a couple days, set up a line of credit.
Otherwise you will not be able to charge things to your room. Most
hotels will do this automatically, but for some reason this hotel
didn't. So make sure you ask. And unless you really have no idea about
the area, don't bother with the welcome packet. They just try to sell
you stuff. Overall, I was unimpressed with the hotel, but it's
definitely not bad. A good choice for early risers, those who want to
spend more time in downtown than at the hotel, and who don't roll when
they sleep if sharing a bed. Enjoy your stay in Puerto Vallarta!

Loved the Staff, liked the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rosa727

I went to Puerto Vallarta and stayed at the Fiesta Americana in July, for my first wedding anniversary. We LOVED Puerto Vallarta and the people - especially the staff at our hotel. They were amazing. The service was wonderful. The hotel was very nice, but we stayed on a lower floor and it was not as nice as the upper floors (we mistakenly took the elevator up and realized how much nicer it was up there).
However, we paid for a standard room and still had an amazing ocean view. The pool is big and there is a great swim-up bar. The restaurants are nice and the breakfast buffet is great - we ended up eating it every day! This is a very nice hotel, though the room could use a little refurbishment as it was starting to look old. Also, the lobby was being worked on when we were there, but it looks like it will be really nice when it is done.

Nice hotel but...

The hotel was nice but I was expecting a coffee maker in my room so we could have a cup when we woke up. When we went down to the restraunt to get a cup, they weren't always open at the time they were suppose to.
And sometimes we had to pay and sometimes we didn't. For the kind of money we spent to stay there New Years week they could of gave us free coffee. The staff was very friendly. The lobby was really impressive.
The food was o.k. Taxi's were always available outside. One thing I didn't appreciate was the "Fiesta Americana Vacation Club", which is only a sales pitch to their timeshares. I had better things to do on my vacation than sit and listen to this for over 2 hours. These resort facilities have people all over the downtown area as well, which is very annoying. I also didn't expect all the peddlers on the beach of this hotel. They just don't give up. You can't even have a coversation without one of them butting in. The pool was nice. Wish there was carperting on the floor so we didn't have to step on sand in our bare feet in the room. All-in-all. I don't expect to be visiting any time soon.

Had a great stay

by TripAdvisor Member KyleWeeks

My family and I had a great stay at Fiesta Americana. The rooms were good sized with balcony to relax on after the kids fell asleep.

The pool area was great. Also, there is a large grocery store nearby to stock up on supplies. The only negative was the food at the restaurants, which was mediocre.

Comments