Bahia de Banderas, Punta de Mita, Riviera Nayarit, 63734, Mexico

Expedia.com Hotels.com amextravel.com

Costs 244% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Peterbanker's Profile Photo

Bring your own wine

Stayed here for four nights in December. It is a wonderful place to stay and relax but you are very capitive as the resolrt is very isolated. Virtually no shopping or dining choices.

However, a great place to relax. The golf is great, service outstanding, and even with the hotel full, it seems empty.

Try to bring your own wine as even an 'ok' california Cab is $150 at the resort.

Hotel has great ammenities:

Do not pay extra for a room with a view........the view is blocked by palm trees.

Unique Quality: Probably the best pool and beach area of any hotel we have stayed at. (including both 4 seasons in hawaii). Never crowded, wales hopping off the shore, and the attendants are always bring around 'free' snacks and ice cream.

More about Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita

Living Large in Punta Mita

WOW!! That's all I can say about our recent 5th anniversary trip to Punta Mita. 5 stars+...my wife and I were blown away!!

SO I've put together a few fun pointers for the incoming travelers/honeymooners/die-hard romantics:

-Do not miss the free Haagen Daaz in the afternoons by the pool
-Get a Punta Mita (Tequila) massage
-Take the ATV tour
-Don't check your email
-Stay 4-7 days (minimum)...

If you are looking to save in Mexico, save somewhere else -- everywhere else. If you are looking for the ulitmate in relaxation - stop here, you won't be disappointed. We weren't...

Punta Mita

by sloppyb

You definitely have to check out Punta Mita...it's relatively untouched by mainstream tourists, and has opulent white sand beaches. Warm water, fun surfing, great little palapas on the beach, friendly locals, what more could you ask for?

Seeing and Doing in PV

by Skye_Miles

Let's see... what's there to do outside a Resort in Puerto Vallarta~~

Stroll along the Malecon on a weekend evening, watch the free dance/music shows at the 'arches' on Sundays, eat tacos or corn on the cob from the street vendors, go to the local cathedral and light a candle for a departed loved one, go to the main local beach on the southside called Playa Los Muertos and have lunch at a palapa restaurant on the sand, watch sunset with mariachis playing in the background, buy fresh squeezed orange juice from the lady on the corner, get ice cream cones from Dolphy's, hot dogs from D'Mikes, visit the tile factory & store, go to the 2-story supermercado just south of the river called Rizo, stop into a bakery.

Take an inexpensive local bus out to El Anclote or Destiladeras (towards Punta Mita) or south to Boca de Tomalan. Or a day trip via water taxi from the Pier to Yelapa.

For more formal activities offered: sunset dinner cruises on the pirate ship, daytime snorkeling cruises out to Los Arcos, horseback riding in the jungle to a waterfall, rent a jeep, sign up to attend a Fiesta, or on the beach try parasailing, banana boats, innertubes.

Punta Mita Beach

by taryn21

This is a gorgeous beach located north of Nuevo Vallarta. Don't know exactly how many miles out of town it is, but it should say on a map. It is a very quiet beach, as the only road going down to it is extremely steep and rocky. Don't try it unless you have a 4X4 vehicle. There are some amazing seashells and rock cliffs here. So nice to have a beach to yourself!!

The best

by TripAdvisor Member SMKelly

We just returned from 6 days at the Four Seasons Punta Mita. I'm not sure where to begin...This is the most awesome place! I have been fortunate enough to travel the world and stayed at many Four Seasons Resorts (Prague, Lisbon, Palm Beach, Whistler BC, Sydney), PUNTA MITA BEATS ALL. The service will blow you away, the beach is perfect, the food and cocktails were even better. We had a Premium Ocean View Room that looked out toward the pool and the Pacific Ocean, it was perfect as well. Plenty of room, large patio (ground floor) with teak furniture. The pool is the focal point of the resort, hanging over the beach and Pacific. I can’t say enough but I can say you will not find better service from any resort anywhere in the world. If you asked for it, you got it! The Jack Nicholas Golf Course was fantastic, ocean views, in perfect conditions, and complete with service staff that would meet you every so often along the course with complimentary cold bottles of water. One thing, it is not your typical Mexico (Inexpensive, fast paced and bartering for lower prices), but it is worth every penny (or should I say dollar). Go there you will love it!

Beautiful.....But Expensive!!

We just returned from the Four Seasons in Punta Mita and it was truly paradise and beautiful! I guess the big surprise was how expensive everything was from the food to simple outings! The word "complimentary" is not in their vocabulary, but the service and the people who work there are unbelievably friendly and kind - way beyond the call of duty!!

Relaxation

My wife and I just returned from the Four Seasons Resort on Punta Mita, Jalisco, Mexico. This was a special trip for us as we were celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary and have never had a real honeymoon in all those years.

I have to say that this is the most special place I have ever been. If you want it, just mention it and the staff is there immediately ready to please. Leon was unbelievable, he even procured us some carnitas for lunch.

The room was very nice, well laid out and the furnishings were beautiful. Everything worked and looked new. The food in the restaurants was excellent, although I prefer the casual dining of Ketsi to the more formal Aramara and I'm guy who likes dressing up. It just didn't seem right here.

We didn't do anything but sit on the beach or by the pool and relax. This was the perfect place to do it. Well away from Puerto Vallarta, there was no noise, no traffic (except for the whales), no anything. Just the way I'd hoped it would be.

One final note. This place is expensive. If you're going to count dollars, forget it. If you want to have the best relaxation experience of your life, head to Punta Mita Four Seasons.

WOW

WOW! We just returned from a 5 day trip to Punta Mita. It is as good as all these reviews report. It was the most relaxing trip we have taken. There are not alot of activites off property, but we did not want to leave. We enjoyed Punta Mita more than Nevis. We ate on "The Rock". This was one of the most memorable dinners we've ever had. It is a private dinner with torches, great service and a little bonfire afterwards. Call weeks in advance, as I hear it is already booked until early 2005. The Modified American Plan (MAP) was good for us. We did breakfast and dinner for $85/person/day. This excludes lobster and drinks, but includes room service and dining in the Aramara. We met the chef on the beach on Tues. to pick our fresh fish for dinner. As most of the reviews note, this is not a low cost vacation. We had an Ocean view one bedroom suite, lots of spa treatments, a romantic dinner, and lots of drinks by the pool. Our cost was about $1500/day and well worth it!

Heaven on Earth

Let's get one thing out of the way:

Yes, the Four Seasons Resort at Punta Mita is expensive. Depending on your perspective, it might even be very expensive. You certainly wouldn't want to pay for a room if you're pulling in at midnight and leaving the next morning at 5am.

But you get what you pay for. And this place has a lot to give.

This place is absolutely gorgeous -- from the dramatic, soaring thatched roof of the main building that frames a stunning view of the Pacific (try to arrive at sunset for an unforgettable entrance) to the long stretches of private beaches -- one of the only such beaches in Puerto Vallarta.

I've stayed at a lot of luxury resorts, but this Four Seasons went above and beyond all of my expectations. The attention to detail is incredible and the staff goes out of its way to enhance your experience -- while you are walking at night, the staff will actually turn off the lights on their motorized carts and back up around corners to intrude as little as possible.

The two restaurants here are very good and if you get bored, there is always the fantastic food in town (30-40 minutes by car). The distance from town was not too big a problem provided that you're not a college student planning on getting utterly smashed.

Everyone was incredibly friendly and warm. The other patrons were sophisticated, quiet and respectful of each other's space.

And then there is the resort itself which is absolutely stunning. The ocean and beaches are pristine. The architecture is totally in keeping with the surroundings and the overall design was restrained, classy and very beautiful.

My stay here was easily one of the most memorable vacations I've had -- Four Season Punta Mita is certainly getting close to achieving heaven on earth.

(NB: I understand that there are plans to further develop Punta Mita. I don't know what effect that will have on the environment, but it looked like the new areas were separated from the Four Seasons by enough terrain to render them unnoticeable. Still, you might want to check on this before going.)

Punta MitaPunta Mita

Punta De MitaPunta De Mita

Seafood at a restaurant in Punta de MitaSeafood at a restaurant in Punta de Mita

Beautiful beach in Punta de MitaBeautiful beach in Punta de Mita

Transportation from Airport to Four Seasons Punta Mita

by roxy4

We are traveling to Puerto Vallarta in early December and are booked at the Four Seasons. When I inquired about shuttle service through the hotel from the airport they gave me a quote of $100.00 for the two of us, and the quote was for one way! They said this was because they had no one else booked and that is the price per van.

If we get out of the airport and go across the pedestrian walkway and catch a cab from there (like I have read about) please tell me it will be cheaper.
If any one can give some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Leslie

Re: Transportation from Airport to Four Seasons Punta Mita

by YVRDave

Its about 45k's or 30 miles from the airport.
The cab should be less but I don't know how much.
I would think the FS van would have AC and cold drinks. It is FS after all

Re: Re: Transportation from Airport to Four Seasons Punta Mita

by roxy4

250 pesos sounds much better. I have heard that cab drivers can charge you per person instead of by the ride, is that correct? EIther way 500.00 pesos verses $100.00 US dollars seems better to me.
Do you by chance know much about the Punta Mita area? My hisband and I aren't really resort type people and would like to get out and see some things. The miccellaneous transportation costs that the hotel is quoting us is pretty steep I think. We were told it is about a 10 minute cab ride from the Four Seasons to the town of Punta Mita. Any ideas is much appreciated.
Leslie