3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 139% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Golden Crown Awesomeness

I haven't been much of a lazy vacationer, but this place is changing my thinking. I was truly sad to leave the resort. There is nothing to worry about; you drink, you eat, you swim and you sleep. Excellent customer service, awesome pool, fun activities, nice beach set up, close to the down town board walk area, great food, 24 hour room services. It's just the best. I highly recommend for a week of relaxation.

• jwha's Profile Photo

Gorgeous Sunsets

Food wasn't great --- that said, we stayed for 5 nights and had a great time. We spent most of our time at the resort on the beach or at the beach bar.

The ocean water is very warm but tends to get dirty after it rains.

They released baby sea turtles during our stay, so everyone was able to hold one and send it on it's way to sea. That same night a large sea turtle washed up on shore and layed eggs. Definitely interesting to see it walk right past you and not care that there was a crowd around. The staff was very organized, I guess it happens a lot.

We got a great deal through Costco - if you're a costco member, check it out. We got a free upgrade to an ocean front view.

Peddlers on the beach pushing for a sale. You will repeat NO over and over again. It does get frustrating. They even call to you while you are at the pool. You will hear them say "Happy Hour" over again.

You can pay to jetski, water ski, parasail. Vendors are on the beach. It is very convenient.

Food --- the pool bar has yummy tacos
    Breakfast, go to the buffet at the Family resort next door the Crown Paradise.

Unique Quality: All rooms have an ocean view.

Directions: Just south of the marina

• Mari6625's Profile Photo

The best!

I absolutey loved this place. We got an upgrade when we got there to a room that had a jacuzzi in the balcony. It was awesome. The staff was the most frienndly. At night they would meet in the lobby and take you to different bars that night. It was so much fun. They have little cabannas in the beach area and the waiters come and serve you on the beach. if you are going to be staying at this hotel don't forget to play a game of tequila volleyball. the more you suck, the more tequila you get! Just know that this resort is adults only, so you won't see any kids running around.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

For Adults Only

This is a very nice all inclusive resort. Just remember, no one under 18 is allowed. It is very "open air". The service was top rate. If you love sunsets, you will see some of the best in the world here right outside your room. We saw whales almost every day and the rooms are very lovely.

Unique Quality: The beaches are semi-private, meaning that the local venders wonder them from sun up to almost sun down. If you don't want to buy, just pretend you are sleeping. However, I did get some nice things here.

Directions: Just outside of town.

• Prankster5's Profile Photo

Vallartas Best All-Inclusive

I stayed 2 weeks in the Crown Paradise Vallarta,in 11/04. I found the rooms very nice and clean. The staff was excellent. The drinks were great, they had all the good stuff, you just had to ask. I found the food above average for an all-inclusive. The only negative, was that they only had "Sol" beer. I would recommend it and, I also would go back again.

Directions: Near Vallarta┬┤s cruise ship pier.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

ON THE BEACH

This resort is first class in all amenities. The beach is right outside the door and many umbrellas dot the beach to cool you off. The resort sits near the marina, so if you plan a sail or snorkeling trip, you are close to the action. The main part of Puerto Vallarta,the Malecon area, is about a ten minute drive.

Unique Quality: The pool at Crown Paradise looks and feels olympic size and is right next to the beach. The children's pool actually looked better and more fun than the adult pool. Sitting on the beach at sunset and you can see the large cruise ships leaving port.

Directions: Marina Area

• One of the Best in Town

Crown Paradise Club is a five star adults only resort located in the Marina District of Vallarta. Rooms are decorated tastfully and fairly roomy with in room bars/refridgerators.

The staff are extremely friendly and will not hesitate to get you involved in daily activities but will also let you relax if that is what you wish. I wouldn't recommend swimming at the beach as it seemed a little dirty. The pool was perfect and is beachfront.

The food was very good and all restaurants were a la carte. If you had the need for a buffet, there is one next door at the vista playa d'oro which you have exchange priviledges.

The hotel bar closes at midnight but there is a nightclub across the street that attracts a lot of locals and your all inclusive priviledges are accepted there.

Great place, very highly recommended!!!!!

Unique Quality: All facilities were outstanding especially the staff in the fine dining restaurant which was fantastic!!!!!

Directions: Marina

More about Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta

The Crown Paradise is a must.....

My wife and I just returned from the Crown Paradise after a weeks stay from 9/27 to 10/3/2003.We were very pleased with the hotel and the hospitality of all its staff from the time of check-in to the time of check-out. The food in Salvador's was above average each evening that we dined there. To top off your meal, a Mexican coffee prepared by Carlos is a must. Drinks were plentiful and each bar had a wide variety of beer and liquor. None of the drinks were watered down. The only negative of the entire stay was a problem with the elevators in Bldg 2.
I have MS and use a wheelchair so a working elevator is a must. There were times when we wondered whether we would be marooned on the 5th floor. But with the help of other guests and hotel maintenance staff, the elevator problem became a running joke and we survived.Overall we highly recommend the hotel and have already begun planning for our next visit.PS: If planning a visit in September or October, be prepared for a high humidity.

Crown Paradise really was Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Renee081

We stayed at the Crown Paradise September 21-28. There was a group of four of us and we loved it!Our rooms were beautiful, with a great oceanview and my room had a jacuzzi on the balcony which was wonderful.
Air conditioning worked great. (we have had problems at other places we have stayed in Mexico).Staff were very friendly, accommodating and nice. Aldo is the best bartender! Fabulous water aerobics and really nice / friendly activites folks. They encouraged you to participate but were respectful if you declined.Food was very good. Really liked eating at Playa de Oro next door, their buffet was great for breakfast and dinner if you wanted something quick and/ or different. We ate at every restaurant and really liked Salvador's and Ibiza.Liquour was top shelf and flowed freely.I was so worried about our trip after reading this site. I had picked the hotel for the four of us, but it turned out perfect and everyone thought it was fabulous!I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Crown Paradise is Adequate

My wife and I, and a couple of friends, stayed at the Crown Paradise from 11/11 to 11/16/03. We had a great time overall. The hotel's shortcomings, while numerous, were not bad enough to spoil our vacation.

On the positive side, the rooms were clean, the air conditioning worked well, the TV worked, the plumbing worked. We enjoyed the wonderful beach and the free use of sailing dingy and kayaks.

The rooms were spacious and adequate, but nothing to get excited about.
Our friends were initially given a room on the ground floor, across from an elevator and right next to the breezeway leading to the beach.
It was noisy and they had no privacy with the beach vendors hanging out right at their balcony. They moved to a better room the next day. We got a good deal from Costco Travel, and got perhaps the worst rooms at the hotel in exchange. If you want a quiet room with an unobstructed view of the beach you'll have to pay more.

The bed linens and towels showed their age. A respectable hotel would have replaced them long ago. One day I came in from the beach at 3pm.
The room had just been made up but the maid left no towels. I found her in the hallway and she promised towels in a 'momentito'. An hour later I called the front desk. Still no towels. They finally came at 5pm.

There was a persistent musty smell in the bathroom. We kept the exhaust fan running most of the time to keep the smell under control.

We had dinner at the Paradise retaurant three times. The quality of the food was very inconsistent. Generally, the standard steak dishes were well prepared. Other items on the menu were a gamble, usually a losing gamble. The Paradise restaurant is worth at least one visit for the "sexy coffee" served by the maitre-d' at the end of the meal. It's a good drink and quite a show of preparation. There's another more formal restaurant at the hotel (I think the food comes from the same kitchen).
You have to reserve it early in the day or you'll never get in.

The Factory Club is a nightclub across the street that provides free entertainment for the hotel guests. If you go in expecting "amateur night" you won't be disappointed.

The most infuriating experience was losing the key for our room safe deposit box. They charged me $100, that's one hundred US dollars, for the lost key. My protests were to no avail. It costs them no more than $5 to replace the lock and key. Apparently they regard lost keys as a profit center.

Purerto Vallarta. Hotel Golden Crown Paradise Hotel

by littleblackdress

Hi everyone
Has anyone stayed at this hotel before?
We are going for two weeks at the end of july, i've read some mixed reviews on other sites, not to sure what to expect,we are easily pleased people in general.
Also any good trips in and around the area.
Thanks