Hacienda Hotel & Spa

Boulevard Francisco Medina Ascencio, 2699, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48310, Mexico

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Excellent Value

This is a great hotel. The staff are fantastic. We stayed in March 2005 (8 of us in total) and had a wonderfule time. Rooms were very clean, food was good and the Pina Colada's were very tasty. There is a spot on the beach for guest with lounge chairs, bar and burgers and fries. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel for a great price.

More about Hacienda Hotel & Spa

Very nice Mexican hotel & spa

Two women friends in their 50's just returned from a week at the Hacienda Hotel & Spa. Nice room (on the second floor facing the ocean, no ocean view but nice breezes - away from noisy busy street below). Hotel staff and food and service, drinks etc. were very good.
Never had to wait long for anything. Very friendly, helpful staff for the most part. Spa was very awesome. Only problem there, was I wanted to use my Mastercard but was not able to. So had to spend cash which I was trying to save for other things. But had 2 full body massages and reflexology, all reasonably priced. Spa in a wonderful outdoor setting. like a little piece of heaven. Short bus ride (stops right outside door) to Malecon which is lots of fun. Go on Sunday evng. to catch the "true spirit" of the city. Cab rides cheap too. On boat trip (small boat - 8 people in all - book at the pool) we were fortunate to see migrating hump back whales, dolphins & sea turtles. Very exciting. Snorkling wasn't great, but that was ok. Very nice holiday for the price, which I thought was very reasonable. Avoid the "time-share" people (unless you Want to buy time share). I hope to visit again. Direct flight from Regina Saskatchewan made it all worthwhile.

Quaint and Relaxing

We just returned from a week stay at the Hacienda Hotel & Spa. Before we left I read the reviews people had about this resort. I had a hard time figuring out whether we should go or not, people were so negative although there were some positive reviews. Personally, we liked it. Yes the beds are hard but so what. The food was good, the staff very helpful and cheerful. My only disappointment was the pool. Because the bottom of the pool is painted green the pool doesn't look to inviting, I didn't go in. The resort itself is very quaint and authentic. I would go back. We have always gone to bigger resorts, if that is what people want alot of action, then go there. We met so many interesting people from all over. I think people are way to critical about this resort. One must remember, what we get in Canada or the US isn't what one would get in Mexico unless you pay the price!

Try Purging (Mind, Body, Spirit) By A Real Shamin!

by TripAdvisor Member SanBenitoRose

We won our "all inclusive" trip to The Hacienda Hotel and Spa in Puerto Vallarta, at a charity, blind auction for the Cruz Roja in Ajijic, Mexico, where we live. On the advice of friends, we traveled by bus, the ETN, truly a luxury bus and extremely comfortable, as well as considerably less than the cost of air fare. Arriving in P.V., taxiing to our hotel, with bags full of casual evening attire, and escorted to our room, we were horrified by the tiny size, shabbiness and smell. We had been told by phone, that the hotel did not have king size beds, but met people the next day, who showed us their beautiful, huge room on the first floor, including king size bed. After a few well chosen and indignant complaints, we were given an equally beautiful room in a tranquil corner of the compound, near the Spa.

This turned out fortunate for us. For the first time, rather than sign up for tequila, midnight cruises, we tried the Spa - at an additional cost. My husband had his first massage and couldn't believe what he'd been missing. I've had many, and Maria was particularly good. We even tried the couples massage, but it was not quite as good.

Having made an appointment a day ahead of time as required for the Shamin, we woke to see through the tropical foliage, a roaring fire in front of a small, mud hut. "That's for us", I announced. I hadn't seen the film, "A Man Called Horse", for nothing. I was right. We were with Adrian from 9 AM to 1:30 PM. It was a wonderful experience. At the risk of being misunderstood, I am going to say that it was very spiritual. We were steamed with lava rocks, covered with moist, herb filled, black mud, took turns praying, went out to be sprayed off, and back in again for even more and hotter rocks, beaten comfortably with bunches of herbs, more praying, and eventually we came out to sleep for an hour under clean white sheets. We woke to drink herbal tea, shower again, dress, and kiss Adrian goodbye, thanking him for the beautiful hours we had just spent.

Now you don't have to use the Spa. Most people didn't seem to know it existed. There was unlimited alcohol, which was not our style. There were lessons available for everything imaginable. We enjoyed the new manager from Montreal, who arrived when we did, and turned the small, very charming hotel patio into a venue for romantic dining - more to our liking.

I don't know that we would go back, but we did manage to have a fine time. Most of the food, quite good, was served cafeteria style, while we prefer a la cart. We made some young friends who formalised their first commitment. Megan was presented with a very beautiful diamond ring from an international diamond store in P.V. The shopping is excellent, if that is what you are there for. There are many things left for us to discover, but next time we will try a different hotel.

If you like Crappy service, stay here.

This trip to Puerto Vallarta was my once a year trips this last 4/29- 5/6. I was expecting much better service from a so-called 5 star hotel (I give it a ½ star, and I’m being nice). The front desk staff is one of THE rudest people I have dealt with during vacation. It seems that they are bothered when we asked for a room or any other question that a guest service personnel should answer. First of all the room was NOTHING like the pictures we had reserved. The rooms smell rancid and the beds, oh my god the beds, we were better off sleeping on the floor. They gave us a view of a tree when we were told that we would get the ocean and swimming pool view. We decided to shower up before we go back downstairs and change rooms. When I stepped out of the shower, our room was flooded. It was a nightmare, now I understood why it smelled in there. The service desk people were, ONCE again rude. Rude rude rude, they gave you a dirty look; they seemed bothered when they finally gave you their attention after 15 minutes of waiting. They were on the phone with god knows who. I should know it was not business related I speak perfectly good Spanish. Well after dealing with the rude staff and 7 rooms later… They give us this “Suite” with a spa in the room. Its 100 degrees! jeez thanks a lot. What better things to do in a boiling hot 100-degree weather, take a dip in a 120-degree spa!! Anyway, that room was adjacent and directly on top of the bar… Sleeping was hell, although we got back to the hotel room pretty late, the noise was unbearable. You could hear every last whisper in the hallways and when people spoke, it sounded very loud. Everything was overpriced in there, starting from the rooms, the drinks, the “food”, and the souvenirs. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I give it a couple of years or so till this place goes out of business.

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty

NASTY, NASTY, NASTY!!! If you like gnats, this is the place to stay! If you like NASTY food, this is it. Everything was horrible. What a waste of money!! No variety in food, no shows at the hotel, no good customer service, it was NASTY! The water in the pool was always hot, the room never got cleaned, and management didn't care. Needless to say, we're never staying there AGAIN! Please believe the reviews you see here...save your money and go to another hotel not a slump.

I had to leave!!!!

This place was really bad. Don't belive the pictures on the internet. First they gave my wife and I and our 2 teenage daughters a room with a queen bed and a full bed. My 14 year old jumped onto the bed and nearly had a spinal injury. They were the hardest beds I have ever slept (or at least tried to sleep) on. It was so hard that if you slept on your side your arm went numb. They moved us into a bigger room the second day and the room had the worst mildew smell I have ever experienced.

My wife got the all inclusive pacakage, another mistake! The food was about grade school cafeteria quality. They always seemed to run out of burgers. The staff also refused to connected calls from friends of ours who were trying to find us. The pool was OK and the beer and frozen drinks were OK. The place seems very popular with Mexican nationals and there weren't many Americans at the place. The Mexican nationals seemed very friendly and they were the highlight of our 2 days until we left. I'd stay at the Holiday Inn, it's the same price and our friend liked it.

Good, not great.

We stayed at the Hacienda for 6 nights and 7 days. This is probably closer to a 3 star hotel although the hotel is very nice with a feel of old Mexico. I loved this, since I was trying to get away from the Marriott, Sheraton, or other Americanized hotels. I never understand why someone travels hundreds or thousands of miles, then gets all-inclusive in an Americanized hotel and seldom leaves the hotel. Stay in America if you want to do that. Anyway the beds are very hard but, just go over to walmart across the street and buy an egg crate like we did for $20.00, Walla, problem solved. All these people complaining about back aches or numb limbs, use your head, you didn't have to suffer. The pool area was nice, although I like a little more activity than this one provided. Also, DON'T GO ALL-INCLUSIVE. There is too much great local food around town. The food is cheap to reasonable and this was 1/2 the fun for me and my wife. We never knew where we would eat next and the adventure led us to many nice restaraunts. Keep cool with the local snow cones that vendors sell around town for a dollar. Also ride the bus for 40 cents and save cab fair for shopping and entertaining. If I had the choice I would stay at the sister hotel on the edge of downtown call The Buenaventura Hotel. It was right on the beach and had better pool facilities. You could walk out the front door to most attractions in town without having to get on a bus or in a cab. People who stay at The Hacienda can use their facilities. Take them up on the offer, its nicer. Email me if you have any questions about PV. I would be happy to help.

Vivian Leung

by TripAdvisor Member leungv999

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hacienda Spa Hotel from Sept. 18-21. The hotel had a good location, about 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to downtown. I was greeted at the hotel with a pina colada. Check in was extremely quick (less than 5 minutes) and was shown to our room on the first floor. We had a balcony over looking the swimming pool. Although we asked for a king bed, we got 2 doubles but it really didn't matter. It gave us extra room to store our stuff. The bathroom was average with an over-sized standup shower. Shampoo/conditioner-in-one and body wash was provided. There was also air conditioning and a cable TV. Overall, the room was very adequate for our needs. If you have valuables that you want to put into safekeeping, you can do this at the front desk. All you have to do is ask, it is free of charge.

We did not purchase the all-inclusive package because we wanted to try out the restaurants. We ate at La Palapas and Outback (it is located across the big road from the hotel). One night it was raining so hard, we could not go downtown to have dinner and just walked across the street. The food at Outback is great, good portions and reasonable prices. By the way, you should stick to the more well-known restaurants or risk being pulled into not-so-good restaurants (which is what happened to us). Going to downtown was very easy, you can take the bus or taxi. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel and it costs only 4 pesos. The night club called Christine is also just next door. Very convenient if you want to party at night, have lots of drinks and stumble your way back to the hotel (about 10 steps away).

The pool was a good size with one end of it being adult only. I heard that if you had all-inclusive, you were able to use the facilities at the NH Krystal hotel, which was beachfront facilities. You could also eat at all the restaurants there also. NH Krystal is just next door to the Hacienda. I had a 75 minute massage at the Krystal hotel for only 250 pesos ($32 CDN or $25 USD). It was a special they had at the time. What a deal! Give it a try if you are down there.

All in all, the Hacienda provided a good first time visit for me and my boyfriend.

good experience

Very happy with accomidations, staff courteous and polite. Rooms were very clean as was rest of hotel. Pool was nice and food was excellent and reasonably priced. Would reccomend to anyone.

by Black_Neo

Hi all..i'm going to PV in Aug..and i would like to know about Hacienda Hotel ... is it a good place to stay?? i mean the location, rooms, activities, prices....etc.
Thanx alot