Hacienda la Puerta de Enmedio

Km.1 Carretera Mascota Puerto Vallarta,, Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, 46900, Mexico
Hacienda la Puerta de Enmedio
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 58% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Puerto Vallarta

Products you are familiar with.Products you are familiar with.

Church altarChurch altar

Isla Rio Cuale signIsla Rio Cuale sign

Bob & Patty, Puerto Vallarta, Nov 2008Bob & Patty, Puerto Vallarta, Nov 2008

Safety

by marlak40

After reading about the trouble in Accapulco, I'm wondering if it is safe to travel to Puerto Vallarta/ Are there armed police on every streetcorner? Thanks, Marilyn Kennedy

by Agraichen

PV is quite safe. A good friend from the US lives there part time as I do in BCS. Most police are armed. In fact it's not unusual to see the Federaldes with automatic weapons just wandering the streets. It's just how things are down there. Most that I meet in my travels up/down the Baja are quite friendly.

by rkearns

yep. i went there as a solo female traveler, and yes, you do see the federales with machine guns on corners and in vehicles, but they are there to protect. (as far as i can tell). i've been twice, once last august, and never found myself to be unsafe.

by OCVPuertoVallarta

I live here full time and have for going on 20 years now. Life here is exactly as its always been... no increased safety issues that I can see living and working here. The weather is fantastic right now, we were at the beach yesterday, had a great day. Hope this was helpful.

Travel Tips for Puerto Vallarta

And I Declare ...

by RoyJava

It is a privilige to bring your just sold painting to the one who bought it. It is a privilige to present the painting to public at a festal event. When this all happens in Mexico it is just miraculous ... An unique festal event, full of atmosphere, I joined at Puerto Vallarta as special guest of honor. Because it was my painting that adorned this small festivity. With the official words of "And I declare ..." I did it! What an experience!

Puerto Vallarta in a nutshell

by Pat&ZoAnn

I like this photo, I took it out the window of our hotel.
The top 1/3, the hills that surround Viejo Vallarta
The middle 1/3, some of the luxury residences, maybe some time shares
The bottom 1/3, roof tops, with some humble dwellings of the locals, laundry hanging to dry

Try the Spanish

by africateach

I found that my Spanish got better as I practiced it more and the people enjoyed hearing it. Even if you dont speak perfectly or correctly... try it and have some fun. They might actually respect and appreciate it!

Safety

by Skye_Miles

Puerto Vallarta is basically a very, very safe place. You will see the tourist police in the downtown. These are the ones with white uniforms and safari hats. Most speak some English so do not hesitate to talk to them. I would suggest NOT walking on the beach at night alone, flashing large amounts of money and jewels. Be aware of what is going on around you and you will be fine. Becoming out of control in the bars-discos often leads to trouble so be careful!

Packing List

by Carmanah

Bring sunscreen! Puerto Vallarta shares the same latitude as Cuba - the sun is definitely more intense and my skin wasn't used to it. SPF 30 sunscreen should be the minimum if you have fair skin like myself. If you plan to swim, make sure your sunscreen is waterproof and apply it frequently.
Photo: My sister and me at our hotel's swimming pool.

Comments