Hola Puerto Vallarta Club And Spa

Boulevard Francisco Medina Ascencio KM 2.5, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico

Friendly Vallarta Resort
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Value in PV

Booked a week at the Hola last minute and it turned out we were their first guests from Nolitours, and the only couple on our plane from Vancouver that were staying here. So by now you know a couple of things, this is an older hotel and its a pretty freindly place to hang out. What actually suprised me when we got here was just how freindly everyone was. The staff were great, and considering how much we paid I sometime felt guilty the number of times the waiters had to run around for me. The rooms are fine, pretty big, of course a bit old but very clean, spotless in fact. I read another posting where someone mentioned that you can always see someone cleaning something or other and its totally true.

Everyone here is on an AI package and I thought the food was great. They have a few restaurants but generally the food was similar at all of them but for me just the taste of some authentic mexican food put a smile on my face and a few pounds on my tummy. In saying that, if you're used to eating international or regular western food while you're on your hols then you might be dissapointed. I'm finding it difficult to cope without my beef burrito for breakfast now we're home!

There is a small mall with a supermarket (Suriana) across the road. The Marina is a 30min walk away and downtown took me 45mins to get to by food, allow around an hour if you walk down the beach. Taxis are 40pesos to go anywhere and 80 for the airport.

There is a mixed crowd at the Hola, approx 70-80% are mexican which gives the place a nice family vibe. The kids generally stay to the kids pool which leaves the beach fairly quiet. The beach itself was fine, much nicer than I expected. Also Fri/Sat/Sun are all much busier than midweek. The bars have enough drinks to keep you happy and the service is pretty attentive.

Oh yes, make sure you look after your bracelet, its 100 bucks if you lose it, mine came lose when we went scuba diving so I had it replaced, my second one became lose after a snorkelling trip so luckily it stayed on my wrist until I was able to replace that one too!

I originally posted on Trip Advisor and got lots of questions so I though I should post it on VT too.

More about Hola Puerto Vallarta Club And Spa

a great place

We stayed at your wonderful resort Jan,2003 and rate it first class, We found the staff fantastic,great facilities,eating places and the beach was wonderful. I cannot say enough about the entertainment ,eight of us cannot be wrong,again the staff has a huge impact on your resort and you have a wonderful STAFF and found the rooms clean,the view stunning as well as a convienent location and close to downtown which we really enjoy..Keep up the great work and hope you have room for us in 2004,we plan to spend 2 weeks with you....Sincerely Floyd Kolobakken,925 University West Minot N.D. 58703

The best vacation experience!

This October 2003, our family of two adults and two children, will have our third vacation at the Qualton. We have found that not only are the quality of the accomodations excellent, the food great, but the biggest plus is the friendly and professional staff. The same servers, cooks and front office people are there year after year. We found the pool a bit overcrowded, but tolerable and the pool bar/restaurant makes the best cheesburger and fries this side of Chicago. For the money, the Qualton is hard to beat.

Nice time at the Qualton

We stayed at the Qualton Club and Spa from Aug.25-29th. We had a very nice time at this hotel. I have to agree with most of the reviews that this is not a 5 Star Hotel. The staff was definetly the most friendliest and helpful people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They worked very hard to always give the best service. Since we were there during "Low Season" we did not encounter any problems that some of the reviews had noted. We did not have any problems with the A/C in our room, we were always cool. The pool is average size, and was not over crowded at all. The beach is small, but how much beach do you really need. We were not expecting the clear blue water with white sand of the Carribean, so we were not disappointed with the beach. I must be honest and say that while I was swimming in the ocean, I was stung by a StingRay. I have never been stung before so I was not prepared for the intense pain that I had to suffer. I had to see the hotel Doctor, and she was very nice and made me feel at ease. Even though I went through A LOT of pain, I eventually went back to the Hotel Beach the morning that we left. The food at the hotel was good. Unfortunately the Jalapenos Bar and Grill was not open. We were told by one of the waiters that since the Jalapenos is outdoors and being this the rainy season they keep it closed. By our 4th night we decided to have dinner in the town. I did use the Spa facility and was very pleased with the service. I can not comment on the nightly entertainment because we did not see any of the shows. They only gave a show 2 nights while we were there, both nights we were out in the town. The other nights they didn't give a show and instead did some "Card/Casino" night. For anyone looking for an All Inclusive Resort that is not expensive and centrally located and on the beach then I definetly recommend this hotel, the service is especially a reason to go. If you are looking for a resort that will keep you busy all day and you do not want to venture out into Puerto Vallarta then this is not the place. We went into the town, and into Old Vallarta, the Romantic Zone and to the Marina. I loved Puerto Vallarta so much that we wanted to extend our trip a day or two, but there were no flights available. We are definetly going back to PV!!!!!!

Great Place to be!

We have just returned from 5 glorious days at the Qualton Hotel & Spa in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. The staff was outstanding, the food was terrific, the room was clean and big and the view was terrific. We had a great time.

Enjoyed the resort

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at the Qualton Club. I had read the reviews on this site, so I had mixed feelings about our stay prior to arrival in Puerto Vallarta. The staff at the resort was great, the room was great (hot water not in abundance and air conditioning wasn't like we are used to at home). The food was about what would be expected at an all-inclusive (not good, not bad ... how can it be bad if I don't have to cook and do the dishes). We ate at LaCava (the restaurant that requires reservations - also no sandals, t-shirts or shorts). LaCava was a wonderful dining experience ... great service by the waiters and the food was great (quite an extended menu). Eating at LaCava was equivalent to eating at a nice restaurant at home and I believe the service was handled in a better spirit than at home. When people mentioned that the pool seemed too small, I can't help but wonder what pool they were looking at or perhaps the hotel was at maximum capacity and everyone wanted to use the pool at one time. We didn't see people reserving the lounges by the pool early in the mornings or at anytime. There were a lot of people staying at the resort while we were there because there were some athletic events going on and all the top athletes from all the different Mexican states were staying at the Qualton Club.Also, all the grounds were well maintained and the waiters made an attempt to get to know you and where you came from.I would definitely recommend to others to stay here if they wanted to go to Puerto Vallarta.

Qualton Club not so good

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Qualton Club resort in Puerto Vallarta for 3 nights. We have been to many other all-inclusive hotels and this was by far the worst. The staff was great but the hotel is to small for the number of people there. It was over crowded when we were there. There were children all over the pool you only could go about two feet with out bumbing into someone else. The room was ok it had tall ceilings and a TV with cable. The AC did not do a good job cooling the room. If you have never been to an all-inclusive resort then this resort would be ok but if you are looking for three star or above then this is not the resort for you.. Derek

AVOID this place

Well, we unfortunately spent our honeymoon there in October 2003. First of all, the pool closes at 8 pm. Second, the bar closes at midnight and the list goes on. The gift shop was closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The one and only pop machine and bottled water machine was broken all 4 days we were there. The beds were rock hard along with the pillows, the bathtub backed up the toilet didn"t flush and I called hosekeeping at 7 am when we returned at 6:30pm it wasn't fixed and I had to call two more other times to get them up there to fix it, the lighting was horrible there were no alarm clocks, the room smelled of mildew, the t.v. was to small, no coffee machine, hair dryer and no ice machine you had to walk down to the bar to get ice, food was horrible at the buffet we ate out a lot due to this, the front desk staff were not that friendly or helpful when asking about things to do or go. the beach was nice and clean but the kayaks you could only use like during an hour in the morning.

A charming resort worth the visit

I've had the good fortune of staying at this lovely and quaint resort.
Now, depending on what you're looking for - this is definitively not Cancu... so don't expect the hustle and bustle of a big, overdone metropolis.This hotel is alot like the city in which it's in...understated, laid back and with charm.The staff is very attentive - the facilities are always very clean and well maintained - and the beach is quite nice.If you're looking for something a little more low key - a place to relax and unwind from the everyday stresses we face - then consider this cute resort... you won't be disappointed.David in Ottawa Canada.p.s. my parents have come to this resort 7 years running - and won't go anywhere else!

Happy with the Qualton

My family of 6 adults visited the Qualton Hotel & Spa. Nov1-7th 2003.
We purchased a time share from a former owner so we did not know what to expect. First of all the staff was excellent. They are helpful,polite,and aim to please. Had a little problem from front desk personnel(not mexican)but it was resolved, with his attitude adjusted.
We all enjoyed the resort. Looks like the first of Nov. is a good time for this hotel because there were not many people there, we had no problem with the chairs at the pool. Security here was also excellent.
Staff seen cleaning,painting from early morning until late. All inclusive was not included in our "timeshare". But we were allowed to purchase it per day,we did for 3 days, but next time we will only try one day. We like to try other restaurants in the area. Now to my favorite "Qualton"experience. THE SPA!!!! Had a 80 minute massage,and It was the best! Very proffessional staff. Next year when we return,my sister,sister-in-law, and myself will HAVE to have at least one spa treatment per day. We are saving up as I am writing this review. Now the down side of the resort. We had a two bedroom/2bathroom/kitchenette apt. Even tho the airconditioning was running, it was so very hot in the apt. day & night. They sent a repairman up, but there was nothing he could do. I think the system is old. We requested a fan & was provided with one that helped out some. When we reserve next year,a fan will be requested when we make our reservations. My family and I are happy with the purchase of a timeshare at the Qualton Hotel & Spa.
Looking forward to next year.

Comments