Hotel Playa Fiesta

Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Asiatravel.com

More about Hotel Playa Fiesta

by TripAdvisor Member poloper

Where do we start. We stayed at Playa Fiesta for our wedding in June 2005. Although our wedding was not at Playa Fiesta, Adam and his crew treated our guests like royalties. We have been to Vallarta 12 times and have stayed in various hotels but Playa Fiesta is a very unique experience.

Playa Fiesta was the perfect place for our group. The ambiance, the food, the view, the rooms, and of course the staff was unbelievable. All our guests had nothing but praise for this hotel and the staff.

There are many hotels in Puerto Vallarta that cater to many people, but if you want the service of a 5 star hotel, the attentiveness of a small hotel, the best oceanview in the city, a well trained chef to cook your food and the largest rooms you will ever see anywhere, then Playa Fiesta is your place.

I want to thank Adam and the staff at Playa Fiesta for making our week a memorable one. Because the hotel is small and the staff is attentive, we got to know them very well. I can speak for our guests in saying that everyone enjoyed their time and look forward to visiting Playa Fiesta again.

Visit this paradise, it's the best kept secret in Vallarta.

Playa Fiesta Wins!

by TripAdvisor Member FreedomRock

My dad and I visited Puerto Vallarta last July to scout out wedding locations. One of the many hotels we considered was Playa Fiesta. Adam and his team treated us like kings. The food, drinks, pool and rooms were amazing. We ended up selecting a late April wedding in a nearby villa and recommended both Playa Fiesta and La Jolla de Mismaloya to our guest as the wedding hotels of choice. When I made the recommendation, I wondered if my guest would receive the same star treatment I got at Playa Fiesta. I was not disappointed.

Playa Fiesta offered us a chance to "take over" the whole hotel with our wedding party guest. But most of our friends were pretty slow to respond to the idea of the 4 night minimum so Adam was very flexible to work around our needs. Adam was easy to reach with his US cell phone and email. He responded in minutes where others would literally take months to get back to us. In the end, we had decent size groups at both hotel locations. Based on my unscientific study, it seemed the Mismaloya guest liked their stay but the Playa Fiesta crew loved Playa Fiesta so much they never wanted to leave! It was clear that the staff at Playa Fiesta were committed to making everyone feel like a VIP. Not all rooms at Playa Fiesta are exactly equal (that’s part of the charm) and when one wedding guest asked to be moved to a room with a better view, the staff responded quickly with no hassle. We heard nothing but good things from our guest at Playa Fiesta.

I snuck over to Playa Fiesta on the day of my wedding and loved chilling by the pool, sipping beers and listening to tunz by DJ Shiney (one of the party guest who was allowed to broadcast music from his ipod on the pool’s soundsystem). I will say that Playa Fiesta is not for everyone. If you like resorts with wrist bands, tons of busboys looking for tips and lots of pre- planned activities, PV offers many great options but Playa Fiesta is not one of them. If you like to partying in a boutique hotel and kicking back by a killer pool (whether you are having a wedding or not) Playa Fiesta is a clear winner.

Beach party!!

I went to Playa Fiesta for my cousins wedding in May 2005. There were a few things that I loved about Playa Fiesta, first of all the owners of the hotel were great and visible. They tended to everyones needs and did not leave it up to anyone else to get things done. The staff at playa fiesta is outstanding and warm. I can go on and on, but instead i will just say if you want to have a memorable wedding, party, vacation....stay at Playa Fiesta, you wont want to leave.

One of the BEST hotels I have ever stayed

by TripAdvisor Member tryPV

I stayed at Playa Fiesta in June for my best friends wedding and was blown away by the experience. Adam and Lindsay have done an incredible job decorating the hotel in general and really went all out for the wedding. I felt as if we were in a dream world!!! The staff was incredible and by the end of the trip it felt like they were part of the family. Playa Fiesta is big enough to have the amenities of a large hotel but small enough to have a villa feel and have the entire place all to your self- it was a wonderful time and I look forward to going back for a vacation with my friends.

Not just for weddings!

by TripAdvisor Member Jumpcouple

We stayed at Playa Fiesta for a week with another couple, and we all loved it. The staff makes the place fantastic. All of the staff were there to help you enjoy yourself. Extremely friendly, and acted liked they loved working there. They booked most of our excursions for us (Scuba, Canopy Tour, Restaurant reservations, transportation). They helped us a ton in figuring out what to do, and who to call to make it happen. Adam (the owner) was extremely accomodating with a problem our booking agent created. He bent over backwards to make what could have been a really ugly situation, no problem at all. No surprises act check-out either!

The rooms were large, and very clean. The grounds were immaculate. The restaurant food at the hotel was very good and reasonably priced.

Only downside I can think of (and it is a stretch to find one) is the beach is rocky. We found Mismaloya (sp?) is only a 50 cent (US) busride away however. We spent three afternoons in Mismaloya completely laid back. Downtown was also only a 50 cent busride.

Playa Fiesta was a real find! Hats off to Adam, Ivan, Oscar, YO-YO, and the rest of the Playa Fiesta staff.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member kikiluv

Our second trip to PV was even better than the first. The Playa Fiesta is absolutely wonderful...a small, intimate experience that you won't forget!!

The hotel is gorgeous, rooms well appointed and the staff is extra attentive. Need any suggestions on what to do while in PV? Just ask Aldo or Ivan for advice. They were the best!!
The sunsets at the PF are some of the most incredible you'll ever see....views of Los Arcos in the distance and the sun falling behind the mountains...perfect. Relax at the pool while listening to the waves crash! (Yes, the beach is rocky but most of PV is and a short drive to Mismaloya will find you sitting in the sand. Better yet, drive a bit further to Boca and catch a panga to Yelapa -home of the fabulous pie ladies)

We had a terrific time. There was a wedding party staying at the hotel at the time of our stay but it was no problem. Adam and Lindsey are wonderful people who make you feel like you are at home. Jeffe and Baby are precious too : )

If I had my wedding to do over again, the Playa Fiesta would be my first choice!! I could see Lindsay taking care of all the details for the wedding party so they could relax and have fun with their guests. Everything turned out beautifully.

We just wish we were still there.

A wedding week to remember!!!!

Michael and I took a risk without even checking out Playa Fiesta hotel , let alone Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for our wedding and guests! From the moment we stepped out of our cab, all the staff, Ivan, Oscar, Polo and everyone else.....were so welcoming and helpful with everything!!! Adam, the owner, did a great job and has a awesome staff!! They are non-stop hard workers and always doing whatever they can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed! It was our wedding, so we were still running around, but we knew our guests were having a blast. Some of our guests hardly left the hotel since the food there was great, you had the beach and the pool, and all the alcohol you wanted! So the beach is rocky, who cares, some of our guests just hopped around and went swimming right off the rocks! If you wanted to go to town, it was minutes away and a cheap cab ride! It's at the best location and at one of the most prettiest place in Mexico!

The rooms are large, clean and have an awesome decor! We really didn't want to leave...!

Our wedding was phenomenal too! It was the most beautiful wedding...that is what our friends said too! Everyone of our guests seemed to be smiling all night, dancing and some evem ended up dancing in the pool to late night!

The hotel is located right off the water and has magnificent view of Las Animas! You have the sunset every night and for your wedding! If you do have a wedding there...it 's awesome if you book the ENTIRE HOTEL....just have your friends and family mingle together every night! It was the BEST for US!!!

We'll be BACK FOR SURE! Thank you so so so much Adam and Playa Fiesta Staff....we are so grateful for the memories we made there! We miss you all and we haven't forgotten Jeffe and Baby too!

Great place for a wedding

Stayed here for a wedding, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Definitely recommend one of the corner suites, though its hard to go wrong with any of the rooms. The ocean is loud at night - which I think is perfect for sleeping. It's off the beaten path, which is either good or bad. (Good: privacy, can do your own thing, be loud if you have the entire hotel. Bad: taxi to get everywhere, but they aren't exactly expensive!) Relaxing and fun - the perfect Mexico combination. (One tip: think seriously before going on an excursion to a beach. It takes the whole day, can lead to seasickness heading out there, and the beaches aren't that great.)

I wish that I had stayed at Dreams down the street

We recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding, and I would never recommend staying here to anyone. First, the hotel could not handle full capacity. There were never enough chairs by the pool, so half the time you had no place to sit. And laying on the beach is not an option because there is not beach. Second, the hotel ran out of towels. There were never any pool towels, and on the day of the wedding, we didn't have any towels to shower. We had to borrow a towel so a member of the wedding party could shower and be on time. Third, there was no water pressure or hot water in the shower. You were lucky to lather up and won the lottery if there was a drop of hot water. Fourth, the staff is extremely rude. I questioned a bill which added on 4 extra $10 drinks and the staff pretty much yelled at and belittled me. I have never ever been treated with as much disrespect as I was at this hotel. Fifth, we got sick off the food. I was sick for a week after returning to this hotel. Sixth, this hotel is extremely isolated. There is no escape. You are stuck at the 5 foot wide pool with no lounge chair. Seventh, the walls are very thin and do not enable a good night sleep. If there was even one person at the bar, you could hear it in your room until they went to bed. Good luck getting a good night sleep at this hotel because that is impossible.

I would advise anyone planning a wedding here to seriously consider some place else. Do you want your guests remembering your wedding as the worse wedding that they have ever attended? I wouldn't.

Wonderful!!!

Two words: simply wonderful. We spent a relaxing time here and loved every minute of it! We will definitely be back. This place is a jewel.

Amazing sunsetAmazing sunset

Cute house in townCute house in town

People dancing in Plaza de ArmaPeople dancing in Plaza de Arma

coconuts at boca restaurantcoconuts at boca restaurant

Playa Fiesta Hotel

by JoonBugMaryland

How close is this hotel to Le Kliff restaurant? I am planning a destination wedding and am interested in a hotel that would accomodate a small wedding. Thank You!
Jennifer

P.S. I will probably be asking a million questions in the upcoming months!

Comments