Hotel Suites Del Sol

Hotelsclick.com Asiatravel.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Puerto Vallarta

charly´s sailing and sportfishingcharly┬┤s sailing and sportfishing

Night of the Iguana movie setNight of the Iguana movie set

Playa Los MuertosPlaya Los Muertos

Lamp room at Unqiue ConsignmentLamp room at Unqiue Consignment

Tropicana Jan 10 - Who's going?

by cocoon89

Gay couple's first time in PV. We are in 30's travelling from Toronto staying at Tropicana Jan 10 for a week looking to meet people for platonic friendship. Send us a message if you are interested.

Re: Tropicana Jan 10 - Who's going?

by goodfish

Hey cocoon - welcome to VT!

You might try setting up a meet in our VT meeting calendar. This way, member who live or are in the area and are interested in getting together can get on a sign-up sheet and start a dialog. This is how you do it:

VT Home Page
Meetings: (in lower right corner)
Blue "Next Virtual Tourist Member meetings" - click on it
Orange "Post a meeting or Event" - click on it
It walks you through setting up your meet - easy!

It should alert you when you have responses.
You will have to pick a day/time but place can be sorted out and even the time can change if a member is interested but can't meet on that date.

Travel Tips for Puerto Vallarta

Playa Los Muertos

by garyrbeck

Head south of Rio Cuale into the area called SouthSide or by tourist name Zona Romantica or OldTown. There are fine spots for a meal or a snack, parasailing, boat riding, fishing, sunning, shopping, gawking! On my first visit 30 years ago as my feet hit the hot tarmac I knew I belonged here. I have returned many times and now have my own small condo in SouthSide for my use and rental during high season Nov.-April. First stayed at Molino de Agua which has now been torn down.

Things to do

by BLewJay

There is so much to do and see in Puerto Vallarta that you should never get bored. If this is your first time here, don't try to do too many tours...you'll be back for more. But do attempt to take at least one of them...we've done the Tequila Tour as well as the Jungle Tour and had a blast.

Walking along the beach

by Carmanah

Discovering the beaches all along the coast of Puerto Vallarta is a great way to enjoy the environment. I believe this postcard-perfect photo was taken just north of downtown Puerto Vallarta, where all the big name hotels are located.

In the photo colourful sailboat on the Bahia de Banderas in Puerto Vallarta. And believe it or not, this is not a postcard! My dad took this picture and it turned out just right!

reactions to the prices while shopping

by susiemargare

if you do not like the prices offered by a salesperson, just say 'not today, thank you.' there is no need to harangue the shopkeepers. remember that most of the people consider all americans rich, and that most americans ARE rich compared to the average mexican family. there is little sense in bargaining over a dollar or two on a $10 purchase, prices of merchandise are already so cheap compared to the same stuff in the united states.

Do not forget the following...

by Rachelle88

If you are going to the Royal Decameron you are likely only going for a week or two so you can get away with packing light. I like to bring one medium sized suitcase with me and my carry-on. My mom on the other hand is not as high maintenance as me and brings a small suitcase and carry-on bag. When I was in Mexico I lived in my bathing suit, and flip flops. I also like to bring a few skirts for the disco at night, some shorts, lots of tank tops, wrap around skirts, a pair of pants, and a hoody incase it gets cold at night. If you plan on doing any activities I suggest you bring a pair of tennis shoes and some socks. At the Royal Decameron they do not provide you with shampoo or conditioner so remember to pack your own. Also if you prefer body wash to a little piece of soap, don't forget that as well. If you're a couple of girls staying for two weeks I suggest you bring two bottles of shampoo, one conditioner, two shaving creams, one body wash. The Decameron does have hair dryers at the front desk, but I found it easier just to bring my own. When I went to the Royal Decameron with my friend Lorene we decided to bring my digital camera but also a bunch or disposable cameras. The disposables are good because you don't have to worry about losing them. If one gets lost it's no big deal. You can also carry it with you wherever you go...places like around the pool, at the disco (if you've been drinking this is a good idea, you don't want to "misplace" a good camera). Both times I have been to Mexico I have brought my own snorkeling gear. It's just nice to have your own stuff. I would do this anywhere I went... Wherever I go I like to bring an extra towel with me. This can come in handy if you need to go on an excursion such as snorkeling. A lot of people also like to complain that the towel stand at the hotel closes too early....bring your own towel and this won't be an issue.

Comments