Los Arcos Suites

Olas Altas 380, Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48380, Mexico

Orbitz.com Expedia.com CheapTickets.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Amazing!!!

Wow what a relief it was to leave noisy Posada Roger and move to this wonderful hotel. We stayed 3 nights in Posada and couldn't handle it any more.

Then we found an excellent deal at this hotel. Its brother, more modest hotel named similarly located right accross was closed. So they offered us the big bachelor apartment at the "Suites" hotel for the price of 2 bedroom at the older hotel. 4th night was free so we ended up paying around $45 per night.

Hotel's location is excellent, almost at the beach, rooms have ocean view, and price was unbeatable.

Unique Quality: We had a ocean view (not direct though but you could see it). Hotel's pool is small and unattractive, we never used it. We went to the other fancy hotel Playa Los Arcos located in the vicinity (you have to sneak in it).

Basically this hotel was hardly working, it offers no facilities, but we weren't looking for any anyway, so we were happy with it.

Directions: P.V. Romantic Zone - almost at the beach.

More about Los Arcos Suites

Are things safe in PV?

by Lonestargumby

I just returned from a long weekend in PV (my first time there). I used all local transportation (i.e. buses), walked where I wanted to walk, ate where I wanted and where the locals eat, etc. I seldom returned to the hotel until midnight or later (I didn't have a watch so I really don't know). My hotel was in the Romantic Zone (Los Arcos Suites -- highly recommended, good value for the money and is authentic Mexico!).

Yes, one afternoon (Saturday) on the beach not far from the Melecon (Boardwalk) at the local fishing pier section, a local guy who was somewhat inebriated himself, offered to secure for me whatever pleasure I wanted (i.e. drugs, women, etc.) in his broken English. Luckily I understood from another Mexican National who spoke fluent English, that he was arrested by the Tourist Police and I never saw him again.

The Tourist Police are a new idea in Mexico, to ensure the tourists feel comfortable. They have completely white uniforms (just like our US Navy) and usually a sidearm (9mm or Colt 45.... idk). There entire purpose is to keep the occasional out-of-step (drunk) local from pestering the tourists, both foreign tourists and Mexican National families on vacation. They do a very good job and are quite effective.

Never once did I feel uncomfortable while in PV at all. Don't put yourself into situations where you also wouldn't place yourself at home (i.e. you don't buy drugs and visit prostitutes at home, do you???). You probably won't be attending any local parties sponsored by one drug cartel/family or another, will you?

I would very highly recommend your going and enjoying your timeshare there without a second thought. PV is as safe as Mexico ever was, in my opinion. And although this was my first trip to PV, I have traveled extensively in Mexico (Mexico City D.F., Cuernavaca, Acapulco, Cancun, Cozumel, Monterrey, Reynosa, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevo Loredo, Tijuana, Morelia, Tulum, Chichen Izta, Matamoros), ALWAYS using the local (bus) transportation.

Que le vaya bien (May you travel well). Watching the local children diving off of the fishing pier, each trying to do a better trick than the previous child. There must have been 15 - 20 of them at one point, and then someone brought out a small exercise trampoline which the kids used to improve their tricks / dives even more. The must have ranged in age from 8 - 25, all with bright smiles, and calling out to each other while laughing, smiling and generally just being kids. The carefree life of a child, as it should be.

Comments