Puerto Vallarta Hotels

Our Members Say

• extremist profile photo extremist
  • Reviews: 120

LaSiesta Hotel: View from the Hill

www.lasiestahotel.com I found this hotel thru a friend, and it was a great place to stay. It's situated up from the Malecon and hustle and bustle of town, 5 blocks and a few switchbacks, which was good exercise. Although we rented a car later in the trip. There were 3 rooms per floor and 6 floors, it had a big comfortable bed, living room and stocked kitchenette and filtered water cooler, and I loved the bathroom tub, all hand tiled in a circular tub.

Oh yes, it did have one of those, a beautiful pool w/lawn chairs and such, secluded from onlookers from anywhere. The gronds people kept it clean daily.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 27, 2005

LaSiesta Hotel

• amambaw profile photo amambaw
  • Reviews: 176

The Royal Decameron All Inclusive: One of the many all-inclusives

I have only stayed in Mexico one other time. My first experience was at a three star, and the Decameron is a four star, so kind of hard to compare!

The facilities were very nice. There are about 5 or 6 blocks of rooms, some ocean front, others tucked in the back of the resort. We were in one of the back blocks, which we were disappointed about at first, until we realized that ours was the no-children area. Bonus! Each block has it's own pool area, bar and snack area.

The rooms were nice. Big beds (although a little hard!), a huge bathroom and shower (different from the last resort I stayed at), and very very clean.

The pool facilities were great. There were four pools in total all over the resort. All were impeccably clean. The only bummer was that they were closed at night, so no last minute dips to cool off (although I think this might be standard in Mexico).

I loved the food, and found some new dishes to try. My dad said that he had had better at a five star, but that it was still pretty good.

The staff were great. Extremely friendly wait-staff in the restaurants. Our room attendants did a great job. The front desk staff was very helpful.

The beach is also very nice. Lots of room to lay out your towel, although they never seemed to have enough beach chairs!

I would definitely recommend the Decameron to others.

If you do stay at the Decameron, make sure that you have dinner at the beach side restaurant around sunset. You will never see one as beautiful! Every night we were in PV, we had the same table for dinner, and we were treated to the magnificent sunset!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, School Holidays
  • Written July 24, 2004

Jesse on the Decameron grounds

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3199

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GRAND PALLADIUM VALLARTA RESORT: ALL-INCLUSIVE IN NUEVA VALLARTA

November 7 to 14, 2013
Hans and I always get away during the month of November. We thought we would go to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico as it has been 12 years since we last went there. We chose the All-Inclusive - 420 Rooms, GRAND PALLADIUM VALLARTA RESORT because it looked so nice and the reviews were pretty good.
The Grand Palladium offered:
Daily Buffet for Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - at "El Bosque"
Four a-la-carte Restaurants - Portofino - Bambu - Viva Mexico - Ribs & More
Snack Restaurant - "Las Terrazas"
Unlimited domestic and select international drinks
Free internet Access - Lobby Area
Daily Sports and activities Program
non-motorized water sports - canoes - boogie boards - snorkel equipment
nightly entertainment
Disco

I did read many reviews on Trip Advisor and most were positive with some negative. I read and was told by my travel agent that the resort was a 45-minute shuttle (included) from the airport ($50.00 if you take a cab). The Resort is very secluded, with Bucerias the closest town.
The Resort is ideal for families with children. They offer "Kids Stay and Eat Free" and they have many Children's Activities throughout the day.
Weekends are very busy as Lots of Locals come so the Main Swimming Pool can be very noisy and crowded.
The Adult Swimming Pool, which is an Infinity pool, has wonderful views of the sea and beach and is not overly crowded.
I have to say that the BEACH was the biggest disappointment for me. I only dipped my toes in the water once. The shoreline was rocky and the water murky, not blue like I expected. On our last day there (Thursday) the red caution flag was put out by the lifeguard as there was a huge ALGI Blob in the water that made it unsafe to swim. There were very few bamboo umbrellas, so if you wanted a good spot, you had to get there early (like 7:00 a.m.) to stake out your spot. We usually went before breakfast and put our beach towels on a couple of chairs.
Would I return to the Grand Palladium - NO! It's just not that GRAND!

OUR ROOM # 2016
Our room had a King Size Bed, 2 comfy chairs & table, 2 bedside tables, telephone, T.V., Mini fridge stocked with 4 bottles of beer, 4 cans of soda and 4 bottles of water. It also had an ironing board and iron, in-room safe (no charge), lots of closet space, coffee machine. There was a 3-piece bathroom with complimentary bars of soap, shampoo, bath gel and lotion.
Our room was spacious and clean and had a small terrace with garden and ocean views.
It was quite hot and humid when we were there. The air-conditioning was set at 22 degrees but it was still very warm in our room, so I don't think it was working properly and once in the week we had a short blackout.
As there are no elevators, we requested a ground floor room ( they wanted to put us on the third floor but we protested as we had requested ground floor when we booked.)

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written November 18, 2013

Our room

• jamiesno profile photo jamiesno
  • Reviews: 1732

Royal Decameron Complex: Peurto Vallarta's Best Beach

Nighlty entertainment, great staff, great air conditioning, great views, excellent buffets and fine dining and simply the best sun sets I have ever seen!

The Royal Decameron Resort is actually located up the road a short distance near Bucerias. I have a seperate Bucerias page right here. Go here and you'll find 5 full travelogues with pictures around the resort.

I have six travelogues dedicated to this resort. There is a tonne of stuff here for you. Please rate this tip and leave your comments :-)

1. Royal Decameron Entertainment
2. Scenes from the Royal Decameron Complex
3. More of the Royal Decameron Complex
4. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (2)
5. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (3)
6. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (4)

Adult pool, activity pool, greatest beach, lush gardens, and the best view!

• Written December 1, 2002
Tip Photo

Adult Pool at the Royal Decameron!

• TRVLRZ profile photo TRVLRZ
  • Reviews: 7

Rental home in San Fransisco

After visiting the beaches in San Francisco for a day of sun and beer and a few more beers my wife and I decided that it would be a good idea to stay the night instead of driving back to our Villa.
Well, one night turned into 2 nights and 3 days. Here are some pictures of a 4 bedroom home we rented. I found this rental by walking into a realtor because we did not like the one and only hotel in town. Originally the asking price was $200.00 per night but we were able to pay him $85.00 cash.

Very nice small village and fantastic people! Not what I would call a party hot spot, but great food, cold beer and decent waves!

• Related to: Road Trip, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 6, 2006
Tip Photo

Looking off our deck to the beach

• cherylll profile photo cherylll
  • Reviews: 60

Royal Decameron Complex: Puerto Vallarta's nicest "out-of-town" resort

Very affordable, all-inclusive Family resort.Food is good (a-la-carte is better then the restaurantes) Lots of activities for the whole family, alcohlic drinks are a bit weak, but just ask and they will make them stronger, friendly staff. Clean beach, about 35 min from downtown PV. If possible don't buy anything on the resort...prices are a bit high!

Great nightly entertainment, 4 pools in total (one is adult only)

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 16, 2004
Tip Photo

• worldglobetrotter profile photo worldglobetrotter
  • Reviews: 75

Marival Grand & Club Suites: All-inclusive resort

I loved this hotel. The view of the ocean was beautiful. The hotel staff was very courteous and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The entertainment, while corny, was fun. The food and drinks helped a lot, too!

It's a very nice resort, I highly recommend it. It is located in Nuevo Vallarta, 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta. There are 495 rooms and suites distributed among 11 villas, 1 main building and 2 towers, with the ambiance of a Mediterranean Village.

(I apologize...I don't know the price of the resort...it was a company trip!)

Facilities: 4 night-lit tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball, miniature soccer field, new teens club, gymnasium, kids club, 4 boutiques, beauty salon and spa.

Restaurants: Casa Bella Buffet, Bella Vista (Italian), Las Palomas (Mexican), La Pergola (International), La Bamba (Steakhouse), 2 swim-up bars, many other bars to wet your whistle.

There are also many other activities to take part in (besides lying on the beach and drinking rum punch): golf, pilates, spinning, yoga, Spanish cooking lessons, activities for kids and teens, kayaks, boogie boards, windsurging, sailing, snorkeling, beach volleyball, aqua aerobics, shuffleboard, bocce ball, and disco shows, to name but a few.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written July 19, 2005

View from the terrace

• ludlowgaines profile photo ludlowgaines
  • Reviews: 2

Casa la Ventana: Great community 15 miles south of Puerta Vallarta

It is nice to travel to a place like Casa la Ventana that meets one’s expectations for lodging and location while providing a couple of nice surprises that were not anticipated.

I was staying at Casa la Ventana during November and December because I was going to start writing a screenplay. I wanted a modern and quite place that provided good Internet access. I was not disappointed with theses demands. The owners and the local staff provided great service and support. The property is gorgeous with all of its plants and vegetation. The room had a comfortable bed with great lighting, climate control, storage and fantastic bathrooms with a very nice shower. The top floor of Casa la Ventana is unique because one can view the whole village, the steep Sierra Madre Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. I had a couple meals that were cooked by one of the owners, which were outstanding because she gets the fish, tamales, cheese and other food from local vendors.

The surprises of the trip were the following: 1. The local soccer field provided a great area to do my daily jogging – it was almost like a college track for softness of ground.. 2. There is a private beach that is a thirty-minute walk through the mountains, which is good for swimming and snorkeling. 3. The zoo at Mismaloya provided the necessary animal accommodation while maintaining a great environment to observe the animals, which the majority is indigenous to Mexico, according to the zoo brochure. 4. The Botanical Gardens, couple miles south of Boca, with its orchids and other flowers and plants, especially the vanilla plants were something that I didn’t think that I would like; I was wrong. The zoon and gardens offer some unusual settings for photographs. Especially nice was that I didn’t get sick for two months, always felt safe, and the accommodations, food, drink, attractions were well within my budget.

Casa la Ventana is located in Boca de Tomatlan, which provides an authentic atmosphere of a small working community with its commerce, schools, churches and people. The town has some grocery stores that provide fresh fruit and vegetables and other items at reasonable prices. Wanting more variety is a twenty- minute public bus ride for sixty-five cents into Puerto Vallarta; affording an opportunity to practice one’s Spanish with local riders. There are numerous restaurants that cater to local residents and people from Puerto Vallarta spending a day on the beach for the weekend. Ramon’s beach restaurant is excellent example of place that a person brags about after the vacation to others, with great seafood dishes, friendly and funny staff and a great jukebox with Mexican songs. It is also the local hangout for the non-Mexican residents that live in Boca de Tomatlan.. Both non-locals and locals provide good conversation and stories. The weekday ritual of the school children in their uniforms going to school and playing conjures nice images of one’s earlier schooling years. While the ritual of firing the cannon to announce the commencement of Sunday services is something most people may have not had while growing-up, it is an event that will always be remembered. The people of Boca de Tomatlan – Mexican and non-Mexican are a delight that enhances the emotions of traveling. These are people truly love living in this community, which, without sounding trite, makes a person appreciate the communal aspect of life.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Beaches, Zoo
  • Written March 11, 2009

• garyrbeck profile photo garyrbeck
  • Reviews: 16

Bahia Bonita: SouthSide's Bahia Bonita in Alta Vista

DSL Internet, Cable TV, purified water, weekly maid service, onsite property manager, garden, pool, restaurants, buses and taxis closeby. Quiet and friendly group. Only 24 units in 3 towers and many speak English. Mainly Canadian, American and Mexican.

/wk. /mo.
*Feb 18, 2998 - Mar 1, 2009 Total $800
Mar 1, 2009 - Jun 2, 2009 $615 1970 occupied
*Jun 2, 2009 - Oct 19, 2009 $390 1355

*Available

For distant rentals is 25% deposit on booking, 25% 6 months after and then 50% 90 days before arrival. If it is soon, all 100% is due upon reservation. Methods of payment are bank check, cashier's check, money order [all sent directly to me] or PayPal to my email address. The latter method must include a 5% fee since this is what PayPal charges deposits to my account. Payments up to 90 days prior are refundable if place becomes rented; within 90 days, cancellation results in all money paid becoming a credit for a future rental, nonrefundable. Please reserve very early as my place books far in advance during high season. Rates vary by number of weeks and month and time of the year. Discounts may be arranged for length of stay. Ask me for pix or try:

or

Alarm Clock
Linens/Towels
Kids Allowed
Bedding
Pets allowed if well-behaved and on leash in common areas

Housekeeping Friday, once/week. Before you visit if one week only. Extra laundry services available for costs.

Buses within 1 Min. Walk one block: north to Mega, Soriana, Hotel Zone, El Pitillal, Sam's and WalMart 5 pesos; or across Highway 200 [Barra de Navidad] past Pemex south to Boca, Mismaloya and El Tuito.

garyrbeck1@yahoo.com

• Related to: Beaches, Singles, Arts and Culture
  • Written July 17, 2008

Entrance to Paradise

• TRVLRZ profile photo TRVLRZ
  • Reviews: 7

Los Flamingos Villa's

Great place to stay! This is a 3 bedroom that sleeps 8. Has a full kitchen, daily complete maid service, great pool, golf course and wonderful staff. This is our favorite place to stay in PV! It is just north of the airport and about 25-30 min from downtown. Staying here gives you the feel of living in Mexico. E-mail me with any questions at heyrobert@excite.com.

All villas are completely furnished and even have beer & pop stocked in the fridge. We have really enjoyed having community BQ’s and even big fish cook outs when we go deep sea fishing. What a blast! I would highly recommend this to any one wishing to enjoy PV.

• Written January 6, 2006

Living room

• Rachelle88 profile photo Rachelle88
  • Reviews: 10

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Royal Decameron Complex: Best Resort ever!

I've stayed at the Royal Decameron four times now, and all four times have been a great experience. I would recommend this resort to anybody looking for a good time. Check-in was a little slow, but not a problem at all. If you are unable to get your room right away don't stress it, the hotel staff is just trying to make your stay perfect and are making sure that the room is ready for you. If you do have to wait for your room just think of this as a chance to wander around the resort and check things out. I can't say enough about the quality of service I received during my stay. The bar staff are quick and make excellent drinks. Gabriel is by far the funniest bar man there. If you are looking for a laugh be sure to visit him! The food here is great! I was never disappointed during my stay and the restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly. During the day there are many activities you can take part in at pool number 2. The activities team are top notch and work very hard. The team also perform the nightly shows at the resort, which means they are constantly working. When they are not busy trying to entertain the guests or performing, they are practicing for the show! Be sure to check out the disco at night, it is definitely a good time. Omar, the DJ plays really good music. Some people staying at the resort got mad because he played a lot of latin music, but I talked to him and he explained to me that he has to play latin music until 1am. I think the latin music just adds to the whole experience. Another thing to mention are the security guards. They really make you feel safe and do look out for you. I was traveling with my best friend and we are both only 20 at the time. The security guards really took care of us and made sure we were safe at all times. If you do get to know the staff they will go out of their way to help you and also get to know you in return. All in all this was a great trip and I could not ask for any better.

One important thing to mention is that the management and desk staff are very helpful. I was amazed at their memories! Julio (one of the desk staff) can remember just about everybody. He remembered me from 6 months ago. (he unfortunately was not there the third or fourth time i visited ). At the resort it doesn't matter which way you look, you will always get a magnificent view. The grounds are very well kept and cleaned round the clock. Everybody works very hard at keeping this place top notch...I'd say they've done a VERY good job. Everywhere you look there are flowers, banana trees, green grass...the whole resort is like something out of a book. I guess you could say it's one of the most picturesque places I've ever seen. Simply said...it's beautiful!

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written May 26, 2004

Great bar staff! Lorene, Edgar, Rachelle, Gabriel

• J_P_B profile photo J_P_B
  • Reviews: 105

Camino Real: Top notch hotel

The level of service here is amazing and it's located a couple of minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta (30 pesos in a taxi). It has a beach to which only the hotel has access, two pools, four restaurants and the rooms are ace.

• Written December 17, 2002

View from our room in the Camino Real Club Tower

• pamjames profile photo pamjames
  • Reviews: 13

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Plaza Las Glorias: Plaza Las Glorias is exactly that!

Extremely clean and well managed, this hotel is a best-kept sectret.

It is on the beach, and if you set up on the edge of the wall near the beach, vendors will come carrying thier wares for you to buy. It is luxurious with the sea behind them and palm trees overhead. Don't get in a hurry. No point! But tip your drink waiters well, and you'll never go dry! Real Mexican style, great food and fun.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Luxury Travel
  • Written March 4, 2007

• rkearns profile photo rkearns
  • Reviews: 445

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

villas vallarta and ana liz: cheap hotel or nice hotel?

oh, and a puerto vallarta page.

one time, i stayed at villas vallarta

it's an actual hotel with a pool and the facilities you need. there are places to shop just downstairs, but it's not close to the water and you have to take a bus to be anywhere interesting, imo.

there is also hotel ana liz in a great centrally located part of zona romantica, if you're on any budget (why not, since you're only spending three days there?)
it's super cheap and right in the middle of everything. clean, simple.

• Written December 20, 2010

• monica71 profile photo monica71
  • Reviews: 485

Hotel Las Palomas: Great hotel in Tepic

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by Hotel Las Palomas. The hotel is very well run, it is very clean and the rooms are big. There is also free parking which was a big plus! The hotel has a very nice and very clean pool where you can relax and watch the mountains. Internet is free to hotel guests, so you can stay in touch with family and friends if you want to.

They have a very nice restaurant (we did not eat here, but we talk to other couples that were staying in the hotel and they did recommend eating at the restaurant) that seemed to be well run. Breakfast is included in the room price and it is good.

The location is perfect too. It is very close to the town center but far away to be quiet. It takes about 5 minutes to walk downtown from the hotel.

The price was more than decent considering all that you get. We paid 745 pesos (all taxes and breakfast included), which comes to about 70 US dollars per night.

The hotel personnel does speak a little bit of English (not all of them do, though), but you may also have to use your hands a lot and point out at the things you want (as we did when we exhausted all the Spanish words and phrases in our vocabulary).

I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and I would highly recommend it to anybody who wants to go to Tepic and spend a night in town.

Unfortunately, I broke my digital camera on the way to Tepic and could not take any pictures...

big rooms, clean, great pool and friendly staff

• Related to: Budget Travel