Melia Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Paseo De La Marina Sur 7, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48354, Mexico

Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort
Booking.com amextravel.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• staindesign's Profile Photo

Vallartas best Gardens

Our room was nice, it had a great view of the ocean and it was clean. The staff are nice, the part where the Vacation package desk is located, is very annoying. Since you go through Apple Vacation, they believe that you must go to this desk to get a tour. The tour is nothing to do with your vacation spot, they want to sell you another vacation. They were rude to us when we never went because we didn't want to listen to that while on our vacation.

The food is bland, we actually had the all inclusive, and the drinks were weak. The pool was very nice, it had a swim up bar. The beach at the end of the property isn't anything special it was very small. The gardens there are very nice. They had water gardens and exotic plants. The lobby is very pretty and it is a nice place to have a drink. They have a gym, it was small and in a strange room.

• hawk460's Profile Photo

Not a bad Resort

We stayed at the Melia Puerto Vallarta,September 24-29 2005,,,on some of the reviews I have read before going there I was wondering if I had made a mistake on this particular resort,,,,I was surprised!
    The check in was fast,,,the room was a gardenview,,,good view of the grounds,,,,the room was clean,,it was older,but well kept,,sure the bed was hard,my kind of mattress,,,I even got more pillows,no problem,,,extra towels was no problem getting delivered. The only problem I ready didn't like of this resort or at least in our room was the air conditioning,not a lot of cold air coming out of the register,,I did talk to a resort person in the lobby about it and had a tech there in minutes to look at it,,,he helped it some,but not quite enough to suit us,,,this is my only complain of the whole resort.
    Food at the restaurants were fine,,different everyday,,breakfast was about the same from day to day,,,wait staff the best!
    Beach area was small,but what the hay,,,,some beach vendors,,not real pushy,,bargain with them,,you don't have to buy!
    All of this resort was very well maintained,,,very clean.So,don't go by what others have said about this resort,,,had no trouble with asking where or how to get somewhere,,about everyone speaks english,,,oh a couple of dollars goes a long way there.
    And yes,there are time share folks there a lot of them so be prepared to say no gracia,,enjoy your stay here I did.The shows at night are great,,,if you like fishing and see this one fellow I have on my pics here,,go for it,,$40 @ hour,,three hours minimum,,,we went for it and had a good time for three hours,,guaranteed catch and we did catch fish ,,,best money I spent!!!! Drinks included for your money.

Unique Quality: All staff people the greatest,,good food,,,and location was great as well.

Directions: at the Marina are of Puerto Vallarta

More about Melia Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive

an enjoyable week

by TripAdvisor Member HybridArchitect

My wife, two daughters and I spent one week at the Melia from 11-18 February 2003 and had a great time. With a 1-year-old and 3-year-old, we chose the Melia because it offers child clubs for all ages from 0 years up... (and went to Puerto Vallarta because of the relatively short, direct-flight from Vancouver). We found the resort to be very well maintained, with an impressive lobby and attractive garden/pool area (surrounded on three sides by the resort and open to the Bay on the fourth side). The staff were generally very helpful (there were a few staff having off-days) and the food was generally good (we focussed on the fish as it was generally quite tasty). It is interesting to read about some of the mixed/poor experiences that people had; we were fortunate in that none of the serious problems affected us. Our room's air-conditioning did begin to leak from the ceiling during the first morning (creating a puddle near the room entry/bathroom), but housekeeping had reported it and maintenance was repairing it by that afternoon (before we even got a chance to put in a complaint). They also adjusted our bar fridge before leaving. Housekeeping was excellent (even carefully arranging our children's favourite pillows and dolls that we brought; a crib was quickly delivered to our room when we arrived for the youngest daughter). Yes, the buffet breakfast/supper at the Quetzal restaurant and buffet lunch at La Palapa could get a bit boring, but the quality was typically good and there was an obvious effort to create some variety (maybe they had read previous comments complaining about this?). The beach is certainly not large (I noticed that the large empty site next door however has a nice stretch of sand that the local children seem to favour), but the swimming pool is very large and well maintained (though the jets in the two jacuzzis don't function). The children had a great time and we appreciated the opportunity to put them in child care for part of the day (typically during the morning... we wouldm in the afternoon). One comment -- the age range for the "baby club" is a bit too broad at 0-4 years as a child over three may find it a bit too sedate of an environment. Maybe the programme could be divided into a 0-2 years (infant) and a 3-4 years (toddler) club to better address the mobility/interests of the different age groups? In conclusion, we would definitely recommend the Melia Puerto Vallarta to any family with younger children based on our week there.

Malecon Area - full of tasty choices

by Skye_Miles

The food in downtown PV (at hundreds of restaurant choices) is delicious, inexpensive, plentiful. All kinds, all price ranges. The All-Inclusive resorts buffets are not known for excellent cuisine. Do not drink tap water, in town or at your hotel. Buy bottled and/or your hotel may provide a "sparklettes" style jug in your room. Personally I don't swim in the ocean, only the pool.

Golf and Tennis

by micas_pt

Mexico's touristy areas provide several chances for those who enjoy sports travel, apart from previously mentioned sailing, yachting and scuba diving. Yucatán provides several golf greens on the surroundings of best all-inclusive resorts, where you can also find infrastructures such as tennis courts, football and basketball.

Trekking might also prove to be a nice choice while visiting Mexico.

So, there are plenty of activities for those who don't enjoy lying in the beach or by the pool the whole day.

Was just okay

by TripAdvisor Member rep99

Was very different than the Melia resort in Punta Cana as this one is much smaller. The food is good for breakfast and lunch, but we went over to the Marina for dinner in the evenings. There is not much of a beach left after the hurricane, but the pool area is nice. Overall, service is spotty, with and without tipping. Sometimes we went an entire breakfast with getting coffee served to us. One morning I finally poured it myself and one of their servers grabbed the coffee pot from me. All in all, great location next to the Marina with the yachts and restaurants. If we go to Puerto Vallarta again we will stay somewhere else.

Great little getaway

My wife and I just got back yesterday from a four night stay at the Melia. We had a great time. The resort is beautiful, and the people were all very friendly. The pool and the grounds are definitely the highlights of the resort. There were plenty of activities is you were interested, but no pressure to participate. We chose to relax by the pool, and enjoy the cervezas and tropical drinks from the pool bar. Fernando is the best bartender at the whole resort (try the rum punch). The food for breakfast and lunch was very good, with lots of variety. The two a la carte restaurants were excellent. The rooms were very nice, with a balcony, and a partial ocean view. I don't think there are many rooms in the hotel where you wouldn't be able to see the ocean. The shower had great water pressure, and was always well stocked with towels. We were never accosted by any time share people, and the front desk staff was very helpful.The downside of the resort was minor. The beds were not very comfortable (a bit on the soft side). The food did start to get repetitive the last day or so. I think we would have had more complaints about the food if we had stayed longer. It was mostly the dinner buffet that needed improvement It has lots of choices, but it's pretty much the same food as the lunch buffet. The bar doesn't have cranberry juice, which was a minor disappointment for my wife. The biggest downside of the resort is the vendors on the beach. The resort has a thin stretch of beach to begin with, so the vendors line up right at the bottom of the stairs to the beach. They will often start trying to sell you before you reach the top of the steps. They even try to get your attention if you happen to be sitting or walking near the edge of the retaining wall. All in all it was a great vacation. We would definitely go back for another short trip.

Don't believe the cheap tippers, its was wicked!

I know some people had a *****y experience and I thaught that ours would start out that way. We arrived and they told us that they were fully booked and there were no rooms left, well you can imagine that we were pissed concidering that we can a confirmation for our resevation. But they accomidated us nicely ( i should mention that i'm 20 and the other guys were 18 so we thaught that they were going to take advantage of us cause of that) We were put in the Vellas Valarta for 1 night ( it was only 2 hotels over from the melia) and then they upgraded us to an ocean view room on the 6th floor of one of the towers, it was a way nicer room than the ones the other people we met on the same package as us. Granted the food kinda sucked but its Mexico, what do u expect. The only complaint I had was that there wasn't enough Mexican food. I was there from Jan 28 to feb 4th and I have no qlue what those folks that were there at the same time meant about not enough booze in the drinks. Maybe theye were *****y tippers or just plain pricks cause everytime I got a drink it was loaded, and I mean loaded with booze. One example is the the taquilla poppers, I had to keeps asking the bartender to make them a little weaker, although he twisted my rubber arm and that never happened (by the way if you are planing on going here find the bar tender who knows how to make dr. pepper shooter, the best I've ever had). As far as the room cleaning went, some days it was a little late but come on, if your at your room at 3 in the afternoon when there is an open bar than your a pussy anyways, so bite your tounge cause you ruin it for everyone else. I'm tellin ya all that the Melia is the place to be. The people that complained were probably the a******* that we saw giving the employess **** cause they didnt have dinner reservations but they wanted to eat in the nice restraunts. The other thing that pissed me off wasnt anything to do with the hotel, it seems that older people think that they are pretty special becuase I can't eveme in lines for the bar or food. The move is to grab their drink out of their hands, pour it out, point to the back of the line and say " the line starts there thanks". Other than that, it was the greatest experience of my life, I would go back in a a second. Oh and if your gonna go out at night go to the Veijas Vallarta, its on the second floor of a place downtown right on the boardwalk, they have wicked live bands and you get a bucket of beer for 65 pesos (5 beers per). How can you go wrong, The key is to not be a cheap bastard, give your waiter 20 pesos half way though your time at any place and they will treat you like a god the whole time.

A great getaway from American Life

I went to Melia on a vacation with me and my wife that I won from H.B.O. through my work and Pegasus Communications. First off, I read the bad review that was given by the last person and I was skeptical and was ready for a desaster when I first arrived. When I got there, we were sent up to our room where it was very clean and tidy, but did have a unusual smell to the air but nothing that I couldn't handle. It does state that there is a mini bar, but there is no Bar in your room just bottled water which was kinda dissapointing. Soon I realized that the drinks were all inclusive, so I made up for the lack of alcohol though that. Everyone was very courteous, and no one at the hotel, except they guys that are trying to get you to view there presentations, are actually harrassing. The food was a lot different then what we have here. There ketchup is really bad, and there drinks, Pepsi, coke etc., the sugar tasted really different. The food I thought was excellent, and was not very fattening and they had plenty of fruit and vegetables. I met a lot of people that were on my trip with are party and made some great friends. The most dissapointing thing about the hotel was the jaccuzzi. Both were broken do to the hurricane and the pumps being feeled with sand. This is a resort for couples in there 30-and up age, there was no big parties, or music or anything in that type of nature at the Hotel. They had some dance shows, but nothing for a younger age. I really liked my stay, and I would definitly return back...F. Anthony

Melia provides a great vacation

by TripAdvisor Member ColoradoVacationers

We have stayed at the Melia for 3 weeks in the past 12 months and find everything to our liking. So much so that we just bought a Vacation Club(Time Share) there for the next 20 years. Ninety-five percent of the staff are eager to please and provide excellent service. The rooms are not only large but well furnished. The maid service could use some restructing. The pool and garden area are not only beautiful but well maintained. The daytime activities are adequate and night time entertainment is well done. I feel that the drinks are just right but a little strong for my wife. Food is tasty with a large variety, you would be hard pressed to find something you didn't like at any meal. Vendors on beach are not as aggressive as in other places and they are not allowed on hotel grounds. We find whether you are sitting around the pool or eating lunch in the resturant it is a delightful experiance.

Melia Puerto Vallarta hotel

by spwebster

I am looking to book an all inclusive vacation for my family to the Melia Puerto Vallarta hotel in November (8-22). I have never been to mexico. The price is just under$5,000 Candian dollars. Is this a good deal? What will the weather be like? Is it good for chidren? Is there a better place to go to? I would appreciate all help and recommendations. Thanks, Stephen

Re: Melia Puerto Vallarta hotel

by Pat&ZoAnn

Another NV'er, welcome to VT. I have not stayed at this hotel, but we have stayed at the Royal Decameron, which is a little farther out of town. Melia is quite close to twon, so you will be able to do more site-seeing. The weather should be pretty good at that time of year, I think the rainy season will be over by then. Being in Vancouver, you could have a look at rezrez.com and see what they have for prices. Have a great time there.

Re: Melia Puerto Vallarta hotel

by limey64

Hi Stephen,

How old are your kids? If your kids are between 2-6 years old they can stay and eat for free. You only have to pay for the airfare. This is a great resort and has a fantastic program for kids. Email me at tsolutions@look.ca and I can give you more info.

Rob