Paradise Village Beach Resort

Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Best Complete Resort In Nuevo Vallarta! =)

This Resort is just perfect! Once we arrived in their lobby to check in, we knew it's the right place to start a fabulous vacation!

We stayed in their two bedrooms unit located at the Tikal Building..(they have two, the other is called- Uxmal)... which is where all the actions are! The lobby in this place is just huge and beautiful and a nice place just to chill out especially at night after dinner. They have a bar at the lobby and it's a good place to have an after dinner drink with some of your new found friends.

The two bedroom unit given to us was facing the beautiful view of the Marina and you can see some boats sailing around. Our balcony is like an L shaped 'cause our room is at the corner end and it's a pretty wide balcony where you can see the partial side of the ocean if you go to your right. The views on both side of the balcony are just awesome! Our son's room got two single bed with his own bathroom with shower, while ours have a king size bed with an attached bathroom and a bathtub. Our kitchen was complete with microwave, blender, coffeemaker,stove, pots& pans, utensils, etc. We usually just eat breakfast in the balcony, but go out for dinner every night! Almost every night, we just go downstair and eat at one of their known restaurant called "El Faro de Tulum" which serves international cuisine(their foods are real good!)and with a roving "Mexican Trio" singers going from table to table to sing for you. Some days, these singers just entertained the patrons by singing all types of Spanish songs in front of the small stage for your dining pleasure.

We really loved this resort(especially our young adult son) and we can't wait to go back there again!

Unique Quality: There are so many things in this place that we enjoyed while staying there...................=)

The Xcaret Sport Bar is one of the best place to meet people where they have different activities at night like Karaoke, Las Vegas Night, etc. and it's located right in our building(Tikal).

The Paradise Village Mall- located right outside the entrance gate where they have tons of restaurants, a grocery, shops, pharmacy, internet cafe, coffee shop & deli, etc.

The "Jungle Bar/Disco" where they have dancing till 2 in the morning(located inside the Mall).

Their mini Zoo inside the complex where they housed some tigers, monkeys, etc.

Their wonderful Spa......ahhhhhhh....just totally relaxing!

More about Paradise Village Beach Resort

Paradise Village is a bequtiful place but ....

Paradise Village is a beautiful place. The beach is wonderful, the rooms are clean, the food is very good. However, Paradise Village is primarily a time share not an "All-Inclusive". You need to deal with the Paradise Village folks trying to get you involved in a time share!

Pros: -Good food, nice beach, and really nice rooms. -The hotel is a beautiful place. -The hotel's help are friendly. -There was some live music for a couple of the days which was very nice. -The hotel has good activities for kids. Cons: -It is a long ways from town, most of the activities are in town, and there is no hotel provided transportation.
Therefore, if you want to do or see anything other than what is in hotel, expect to pay a lot in cab fairs. -This "All-Inclusive" is not ALL inclusive. At the outset it was difficult to get information on the "included" items. The menus in the restaurants have a lot of choices but only a couple of choices will be included. Margaritas are included but other fruit drinks, wine, or water are not. Coffee with your meal is included but if you get a cup of coffee at the stand in the lobby it isn't. Ice cream with dinner is included but if you get ice cream at the outside stand it is not. You need to hassle at every meal figuring out what is included and what is not included and with signing for the "included" and the not included items. You have to save your receipts to show at checkout or you will be charged for "included" items. I am sure the hotel's goal was to have every guest pay an extra $300 for non-included items. If you are interested in a hassle free vacation with everything paid for in advance - find a different place. -The prices on the non-included items are high. -There are basically no shows at all. -The first day is a total hassle. The "greeter" tries every means possible to get you to sign up for a time-share presentation. Including a 'free' breakfast. What is a 'free' breakfast at a "All-Inclusive"? The next tactic was to say we could get a discount on a couple of the "special" nights that weren't included. It turns out, the special nights were included! We missed the first "special" night due to the greeter. Instead of explaining how the hotel worked, what to expect, where to fine stuff, what was included and how to tell, the "greeter" was giving us mis-information, wasting our precious vacation time, and telling us the hotel wasn't really interested in being a hotel but a time-share.

Bucerias- Terrific place to visit

by thekabuki

Add my vote to the many others' who have suggested Bucerias as a nearby town to visit.

Took a taxi from Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta for approx. $11 to Bucerias. Had an enjoyable day browsing through the various stalls for souveniers, had a good lunch at a restaurant on the beach-large orange building, you can't miss it. Also saw horseback riding right on the beach offered here.

Prices are cheaper here than downtown Puerto Vallarta. Offer 1/2 the price of what seller is asking, everyone bargains here. We arrived here about 9 am & everything was open

Bucerias

by thekabuki

Add my vote to others' suggestions to visit Bucerias. Small town with a market "square' that has some good shopping at better prices than downtown Vallarta. Arrived by taxi for $11 from Paradise Village in Nuevo around 9 am.

Spent the morning browsing through the various stalls, all vendors will bargain, be prepared to offer about 1/2 the price of what they're asking. If you don't like the price being offered, walk away , but have no fear, most of the items can be found at the others stalls.
Had a very nice lunch at a restaurant on the beach in the big orange building-you can't miss it.

Horseback rides on the beach were being offered. All in all an enjoyable way to spend the morning.

Tropical tour

by ZanieOR

I really enjoyed my "Tropical Tour" with a very nice tour guide named Gabriel.
During the tour in a minibus we stopped briefly at a marina, and then we went into Puerta Vallarta and walked around, saw Liz Taylor's house, then on to an residentual area with a beautiful view of the city, then to Mismaloya Beach where "Night of the Iguana" was filmed. Then we drove up a muddy dirt road into the jungle a couple miles, driving past rambleshack houses with pigs and chickens running around (that seemed real) to a little tourist spot created in the jungle. A pretty waterfall with pool, a thached restaurant, a shop with Mexican gifts (I think that's where I bought a maracha). The seafood lunch was one of the best meals of my trip. Gabriel invited me to return on the tour the next day. It occurred to me only later that maybe he was asking me to come without paying (just for my company??) I never did know for sure, though he did take my photo with the pet iguanas and asked me to send him a copy. I was flattered since I hadn't exactly been overwhelmed with male attention since arriving at my more "mature" years; surely I couldn't be mistaken for a rich American?
Anyway though it was just a brief incident, it has stuck in my memory.
The tour -- my first venture away from the confines of Paradise Village -- and the chance to see more of Puerta Vallarta was great. The tropical tour lasted from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
(Later in the week I took a bus on my own into the city, and wandering around. However, I suffered from the language barrier, couldn't find the bus stop back, and had to take a taxi back to the hotel.)
The tour: Agencia De Viajes Pueblito Paraiso.

I feel like I found a well kept secret

It was our first trip to Peurto Vallarta and Paradise Village really was Paradise. The hotel is gorgeous, and the staff were so freindly and courteous - of course they try to hit you up numerous times for the time share sales pitch, but other than that everything was just awesome - I would go again anytime....Viva Mexico!!!

If You Like White Bread ...

by TripAdvisor Member marleenbc

... then you will like Paradise Village. The condo, while a good size, was totally Americanized. Maybe some people like this on their "Mexican" vacations, but we were very disappointed with its lack of ethnic flavour. The beds were fairly comfortable but the pillows were dense foam and we work up with stiff necks most mornings. The kitchen had nice appliances but didn't have enough utensils or dishes to prepare and serve a meal to a family - e.g. one dullish knife, one serving bowl, one small ovenproof dish etc. The Marina Residences owner had been told by her building's caretaker that we had free access to the gym but we were brusquely informed by Paradise Village staff that we would have to pay $10 USD per day, while hotel guests had free use.
As it was, the gym, while well-equipped, was extremely full, hot and stuffy. Cardio equipment use was restricted to 30 minutes at which point the machine automatically shut off. For us, this was far from our idea of "Paradise".

Re: Their vultures are everywhere trying to reel you in.

This email is about the Paradise Village Beach Resort spa. We loved the city and the people, but had the worst experience of our lifes with this hotel.First we were picked up on the street by a local gal working with the resort and taken by cab to there resort, where were met by the most high pressure sales person we had ever met. He promptly talked us into buying a time share.....yes, we had 5 days to back out, but the kicker, at the end where you sign, they said after you sign if you back out, that you owe them $595.00. They have quite a racket going.....After, you get back to your hotel and read the small print, you realize that you are in know way going to go for this scam.As far as we are concerned they are all a bunch of con artists. I say to all travelers, be aware of the "Time Share Con people". They are everywhere...like vultures.....we got of the deal, but we will never ever talk to another time share resort again...... BUYERS BEWARE........

Not bad

This place is not that bad. Once you get there the check in process can be a long wait. Even though they had 4 people working the desk we waited 1/2 hour. DO NOT go and get welcome package. It is a trick to talk to timeshare people. Go if you want to take 4 hours off your vacation and get a free meal. We got the package but told the lady no several times. They even wanted me to give the $20US as a deposit. They didnt happen and we said we wouldnt be coming. They still called the room for 2 days.

The place is really nice. The rooms are clean and big. The maid service is good but slow (alot of rooms). Two pools. The main pool is where all the action is. Dont worry about towels. Just bring them back everyday and you wont have any problems. Beach is nice with very little vendors.
The poolside waiters are very good, but make sure to tip them so they pay extra attention to you.

You can eat at three restaurants and chrage them to your room. Tulum, Mayapan, and The Jungle at Paradise Plaza. Food is good at all of them.
Room service is quick and just as good. Also there is a beach side restuarant that is open when weathe is good.

Paradise Plaza is nice with shopping and grocery store. I think 3 more restuarants too. Also laundry mat where they will do your laundry for $5US.

It is very safe with alot of security, but not overwhelming. We went when raining and got kind of boring,but we chose not to go into town or do tours and just wait for the sun. There is something to do for everyone.

Just dont get roped up in the timeshare deal unless you want to.

You can't go wrong here

This place is in a beautiful location, the staff is excellent, and the amenities are very good. Let me tell you some of the things that I thought were important: 1. It was very clean, the employees were very helpful and nice, and everyone spoke English.
2. The drinking water is fine throughout the resort.
3. It's hot and humid. Don't go here expecting weather like Toronto or Quebec.
4. The Kids Club was great for my 4 year old. They had a party one night allowing us to go out by ourselves without paying a lot. He had a ball.
5. The spa is excellent, massage on the beach, nice.
6. You don't have to rent a car but, you are 20-30 minutes from PV. You can take a bus or taxi. We rented a Jeep for a week. It was a ball.
Alamo is at the resort. It helps to get out and about sometimes. If you do rent DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!! (Or 5 KPH under) No matter how fast the locals are going, the cops there love tagging the Gringos! I was pulled over said I was doing 75, I know I was doing 65 because I was watching real close. I got out of it but I'm telling you drive the speed limit.
7. The Mayapan restaurant is excellent. The other one I think it's called Tullum, is good. The beach bars are very good and the wait staff very attentive.
8. I didn't feel pressured about the timeshare thing. We did go on the tour. It took a couple of hours. It wasn't bad and we got some cheap tickets on a sailboat tour.
9. The rental place is great. Free Boogie Boards and kayaks. Plus anything else you may want to play with. The marina has some of the bigger toys if you want to rent them.
10. Lots of fun activities or you can sit by the "Quiet Pool" and just chill out.
11. They have a gift mall not a gift shop that has some pretty nice stuff, believe it or not, at a reasonable price. It's a 1 minute walk from the hotel.
12. They have a Super Walmart in town about 10-15 minutes. Good place to go and stock the cabinets for the week. Overall a real nice place.
We will go back here again. It is far enough away from PV that it's quiet but close enough to get to everything

Fiesta time at Paradise Village.Fiesta time at Paradise Village.

Staying at Paradise Village Beach Resort

by Travelsprung

My boyfriend and I are going to pv in Feb for my bday and staying at Paradise Village Beach Resort. My concern is that we might be stuck there for the 4day duration of the trip and don't get a chance to see the famous areas of PV because its too far to get to or too expensive via taxi (my boyfriend is very wary of the locals trying to rip us off with ridiculous taxi prices). Can you tell me how difficult it would be to take the bus or taxi into town? Also I want to try the spa while I am there so I am wondering if there are local spas besides the ones offered at the resort and its golf course nearby? Lastly, should we do all-inclusive or eat out? Thanks!

by MikePinTucson

Although you will be a bit out of the main area, it is very easy getting around. Here is a link for PV transportation. Both taxis and busses are very inexpensive.

I, personally, would not do all-inclusive. When you do that, you almost feel obligated to return to the hotel for at least the evening meal, and you are pretty far out to do that. Particularly if you want to return to I like to explore and try different restaurants and stay for the nightlife.

by Sunshine64

I stayted there several years ago and left the property on more than one occasion. I *think* we took the bus into town. I definitely remember there being a bus, and I remember being in town, but I don't remember the trip into town. I guess that's a good thing : ) We also went on a snorkel / hike trip combo that was probably organized through the hotel, and was quite interesting and enjoyable. The benefit of staying at Paradise Village was the nice beach and the spa. The resorts in town did not have nice beaches, at least at that time.

by dancerdeb

I stayed in Paradise Village for 3 weeks, it was great. Bus comes right into the complex. Pretty safe if you stick together. All-inclusive is obviously much more expensive. We had a kitchen in our suite so could do our own cooking if we wanted. The concierge at the hotel can advise you as to the cost of going back & forth by taxi, but I recommend the bus.

Comments