Playa Del Sol Grand Resort Hotel & Condominiums

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Playa Del Sol Grand Resort Hotel & Condominiums

no pressure at playa del sol grand

Just returned from a weeks stay at pdsg. It was wonderful. Upon check in we were greeted by Tasha who also met with us after we got settled into our rooms. She gave us helpful information about PV and at the end she asked if we were interested in the time share presentation. When we told her NO she wrote not available on our slip and we were not botherd the rest of our vacation. No high pressure at all. But we did hear other people who had went to the presentation and they said it was very high pressure. So I guess if you want the free stuff you have to be able to handle the pressure otherwise just so NO at the beginning of your stay. Pool was great-food was great-pool bar and upstairs bar were great. Only complaint drinks by poolside or on the beach should be served in styro foam glasses - ice melts fast in the warm PV sun. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
It is far from town but never had a problem finding a chair for sun. I would go back to this resort. It is new and they are still learning. Have patience and remember a mexican minute is 15 united states minutes.
Go to PiPi's downtown great food well worth the trip.

Playa Del Sol Grand Nuevo Vallarta -Too far from town

I stayed 11 days at the Playa Del Sol Grand in Nuevo Vallarta. The hotel is more a time-share condo than a hotel. The suite I had was good. It seems most of the vacationers were from Canada and were time-share owners. Not one said that they made a wise purchase. The resort is OK. We had most of our evening meals at the Italian restaurant in the hotel and the food was good. The beach was somewhat plain but the infinity pool was nice. The biggest complaint was that it is too far from anything. Puerto Vallarta is a 2 bus trip or a $15 cab ride each way. The nearest walkable town, Buceria was about 30 minutes away and really not much to see. If I had to do it again I would stay at the marina or in town. I believe that there is another Playa Del Sol in Puerto vallarta where heavy handed timeshare sales were a problem but I did not witness any of that at this resort. Ixtapa was much better

PVRPV Rentals are the only way to go!

by christmasjones about PVRPV Puerto Vallarta Rentals Premier Vacations

If you're looking for a rental in the puerto vallarta area, I have to recommend PVRPV (Puerto Vallarta Rentals Premier Vacations) owned by Tim Longpre. After staying at Playa del Sol regularly for years, I decided to try a nonresort condominium in the trendy Zona Romantica of Puerto Vallarta. I came across PVRPV through a friend and from the moment I walked into their office, I was given the royal treatment. I perused over 200 condos, villas, and haciendas before choosing a beautiful condo in a very quiet complex with a beautiful pool, and the most charming maid that visited with me daily. The condo was lovely- there were even parrots chirping away in the tree just off my balcony- we don't have those in Manhattan so I was quite entertained to sit and watch them for hours while the sun set over Los Muertos Beach every night. After my initial experience with them, I of course used them again when I returned 2 months later. Their concierge service was a welcome feature, saving me the haggling with taxi drivers and timeshare salesman on more than one occasion. If you are looking for a rental in Puerto Vallarta, you can't go wrong with this team.
site: www.pvrpv.com Beautiful pool, very quiet, about a 2 minute walk to the beach, landscaped shady grounds with lots of tropical flowers, condo was exquisitely decorated and meticulously clean. Maid service. Concierge service. 24 hour security. Unreal views and sunsets. Absolutely no hassle and everything was very upfront and professional, service with a smile.

Swimming

by Joemidwest

The Playa del Sol Sur (2 miles south of old town) built its own breakwater for swmming or snorkling. Los Arcos is the good local spot for more challenging snorkling and diving.

Just does not get any better

My son and I just returned home from a wonderful holiday at the new resort , Playa del sol Grand. This resort has all the facilities and amenties available to those who love beaches, infinity pool activities to a cozy gym or just relax and take in the daily sun on the best beach in this area. The management and staff does that extra mile to make you feel welcome and at home in their Country. My son & I take our hats off to them and their thoughtfulness , keep up the great work. We highly recommend this resort . WE WILL RETURN.

Beautiful, Quiet Resort

by TripAdvisor Member MNMOM

We arrived at the Playa del Sol Grand after 9:00p.m. Check in was a breeze. I had E-mailed them ahead of time asking for a top floor, ocean view if possible and they gave us a beautiful 1 bedroom 5th floor oceanfront room. The view and the sound of the ocean was incredible. We also ordered from their online minimart and those items were delivered a little before 10:00pm. I just ordered the basics like eggs, bread,oj, cream cheese, and of course a six pack of cervezas. Since I knew we were arriving late I knew no one would be in the mood to do any grocery shopping. For the convenience alone I would recommend this service to anyone arriving late. Back to this resort, the landscaping was beautiful and everything was clean and maintained. The infinity pool was beautiful and never was overcrowded. The beach was very welcoming with the beach chairs and umbrellas. My kids loved to boogie board later in the day and also like the hot tub overlooking the beach. We enjoyed the various activities offered including volleyball, pool volleyball, pingpong, boogieboarding and just enjoying the pool. We saw dolphins two mornings and watched people in kayaks follow them. We ate at the La Bella Italian restaurant and enjoyed our meal very much. We only stayed here 3 nights but as an afterthought, I wished we spent our whole time out here and rented a car. (We ventured over to the Paradise Village for the remaining 5 nights). We chose to taxi it everywhere which got to be expensive. We only went to Puerto Vallarta once, Bucerias , and Punta de Mita for day trips. The only reason I did not give this resort a 5* rating is because the second day we were here I had a pair of dress sandals stolen from our room. I locked up our valuables everyday but I didn't think that my sandals were such a hot commodity. We tipped generously the first day, forgot to leave something the second day(in a hurry) and paid the price of our hasty exit with my one of only two pairs of sandals to be stolen on the second day of our trip. We reported the theft when we checked out. It was an inconvenience but definitely did not turn me away from this resort. I would highly recommend this resort to couples or families looking for a smaller, quiet resort.

Nice quiet resort

by TripAdvisor Member TG55775

My wife and I stayed at the Playa Del Sol Grand (PDSG) the week of April 8 – 15. The resort is relatively quiet and caters to families and a more subdued clientele. Overall, we found the resort to be a great place to stay and would like to return soon. There were a couple of negatives that I found. The first is that we stayed in the newer section that had completed construction about a month earlier. The room had some standard fix-up items that didn’t really affect our stay. The only real problem I had was that the bed in our room did not have a mattress on the box spring. They originally placed a mattress pad on top of the box spring which made for a very uncomfortable first night. After requesting and receiving additional padding, the bed was somewhat more comfortable. That was pretty much it for the negatives. Some of the positives were the staff was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived, the concierge greeted us and gave us some good tips on where to eat, shop, etc. Right up front we told her that we were not interested in attending a time share presentation and she gave us a listing of the perks and never mentioned it again. We were not approached during our stay by a PDSG time share sales rep.

A few tips related to staying at PDSG: 1) PDSG is the last stop on the bus line from PTO Vallarta so it will be crowded when you catch it from the resort. The cost is 15 pesos per person to ride into the marina area and another 4 pesos to ride the city bus from there. On the return trip the city bus drops off at the Wal-Mart and the outer area bus picks up for this resort about every 30 minutes. 2) Get cash (pesos) from the cash machines as opposed to using $USD in town. Most places don’t use credit cards and those that do tend to charge an extra 6% - 10%. Make sure you have enough cash on hand to pay for meals, shopping, side trips, etc. We went scuba diving in the bay and were told that the company took Visa, so I did not bring a lot of cash. Turned out that the communication between the locals isn’t always very good and I had to pay some expenses (in cash) that were unexpected and we ended up a little short. The front desk at the resort exchanges $USD into pesos at the current bank exchange rate, so I would use them as opposed to one of the exchange places in town. 3) Bucieras is a little town to the north of PDSG where you can find some good restaurants and shopping. There are two ways to get there – along the beach or a dirt road near the hotel. The beach route is preferred during warmer weather, and it’s easier to navigate. The restaurants and flee market is about a 40+ minute walk along the beach from PDSG. There are numerous places to enter the main road from the beach. We ate at a small place called Sandrina’s. Very good food in a nice courtyard setting. 4) In PTO Vallarta, we had a great lunch at the River Café, which is on the river near old town. There is a flee market along the river next to café, so you can eat and then immediately shop. 5) If you are interested in becoming a PADI certified Scuba diver, you can obtain your certification right in the resort. This feature was not advertised anywhere. The activities coordinator, Hugo, is also a certified PADI instructor who can provide the class and pool sessions. He also coordinates the open water certification dives. Hugo is very knowledgeable and patient instructor. 6) The Italian restaurant La Bell Italia is excellent. The breakfast buffets at the Palm were also great. We didn’t eat dinner at the Palm, but we did have drinks and snacks at the Bar Nautica, which is part of the Palm. The drinks and snacks were excellent. Shipwreck Kelly’s is the poolside bar that serves food from 11 am to 5 pm. They stop serving food around 4:45 to get ready for happy hour. Their happy hour is from 5 – 6 pm. Note that there is a 15% service fee on all food and drink purchased at the resort. They let everyone know that this is not a gratuity for the servers. The drinks were a little pricey for what you got, but if you did the bulk of your drinking during happy hour, it was a fair price and the additional 10 – 15% tip didn’t seem out of line. 7) Taxis to and from the airport take approximately 15 minutes and are usually between $15 and $20 with tip. The taxi drivers are getting more organized, so there is not a lot of price difference between cab drivers. 8) The beach vendors will approach you often but will take no for an answer and keep moving. There are a few time share reps for other resorts that comb the beach. They can be spotted easily from a distance because they are the only ones on the beach carrying a notebook. They are slightly more assertive than the normal beach vendor and always attempt to strike up a conversation. If you just keep walking, they tend to get the hint.

Overall, the resort and beach are kept in excellent condition due to the staff ensuring the place is kept clean and maintained. Ground crews are constantly working to keep the place looking immaculate. I would recommend this resort for those who are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere and don’t have a need to go into town every day.

We had a very nice time; definitely not 5 star.

by TripAdvisor Member WilliamC999

The beach is beautiful. The pool is really quite nice, with a jacuzzi within the pool and beautiful views of the beach and mountains. We were given top floor 1bdrm ocean front in the new building. Rooms in this bldg are smaller than ones detailed on web site (which are the old bldg), but still large, airy and nicely decorated. Everything was brand new, but up and running. Kitchens in the new building don't have ovens and have 2 burner stroves. Didn't really matter to us. Staff was friendly and helpful. Responded quickly to any problems (sheets not changed in the sofa bed upon arrival). We said no to the timeshare people right from the start and were never bothered again. Food was pretty good, actually better than I expected. Construction ongoing but did not bother us as is mostly decorative at this time - they are putting in fountains and ponds around the gounds and already lush greenery is being agressively extended.
Definately outside of PV. Buses are possible but not so convenient, and taxis are not cheap so if you want to be in PV don't stay here. On the other hand, Bucerias is nearby and has its own charm and some very good restaurants.
This resort is all about timeshares, most people who stay there are owners. Construction is likely to go on for years, as, from what I heard, the lot next door becomes more buildings with more pools, restaurants, etc.
We walked to the RIU (about 1/4 mile down the beach). That place looked scary with rows of beach lounge chairs and aggressive venders everywhere.

Overall, we were very pleased and would stay here again if the price is right (which it was).

Absolutely loved Playa!

by TripAdvisor Member putier

My husband and I returned from a 2 week stay at PDSG Feb. 12. We had read the reviews before we decided to go and were a bit apprehensive because of some of the very negative comments. Now that we have stayed there for 2 weeks, we are really puzzled by the negative remarks. We have probably stayed in 40 or 50 resorts all over the world and really couldn't find a negative here. The large unit -- bedroom, living room, dining area, wraparound balcony(an end room) with ocean view, big bathroom -- was fabulous. Lots of room to spread out, all kinds of drawers, shelves and closet space to store belongings. Very clean -- maid washed floors a few times a week and swept balcony. Always fresh towels and plenty of them.

Grounds are lovely. Fitness room is small but perfectly adequate. Beach is gorgeous and goes forever in each direction with no vendors. Pool is beautiful and clean. Whoever saw bugs and crabs in it is crazy!

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Front desk speak English well. Of course the maids and maintenance people don't, but would you expect American equivalents to speak a foreign language?

Italian restaurant is lovely and the service couldn't be more gracious. Israel, Gustavo, Jose and Francisco are great waiters. Food was delicious. Shipwreck Kelly's had great food, too, but the wind tended to start around 2 and sometimes lasted into the evening. Weather was a negative for us -- first 8 days with NO sun and winds! Lasts 6 days were sunny. But even the rainy days didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves.

Did the time share bit. It did take 4 hours, but once we refused to buy, that was the end of it. WE were given a $50 gift certificate for the restaurant and a 15% discount on all meals and drinks for the whole stay as payment for attending the presentation.

The water is purified and safe to drink. Same goes for the food -- safe to eat anything.

In summary: a lovely, quiet, relaxing spot with friendly and helpful staff. Very reasonable. We want to go back!

jondam's new Mexico Page

by jondam

we went to cozumel on the carnival victory. It was great. we went to playa del sol beach. free drinks all day, a big ice berg slide,banana boat rides,jet skiing,bunge trampoline. it was a great day at the beach. they also have a pool and restaraunt.

Playa del Sol Sur PoolPlaya del Sol Sur Pool

Playa Del Sol

by canuckcruizer

Now looking at a private penthouse condo at Playa Del Sol. Anyone stayed there? Does anyone know exactly where it is - a landmark - we know DaiquiriDick's, La Palapa and the River Cafe - where is it in relation to that? Is it a very old building? I understand that it is like a boutique hotel with private owned condos in it - is this correct? Gary, if you are out there, you would probably know? Any opinions would be very helpful because we have to decide quickly where we are staying because our airfare is going up as we speak-lol!!

Thanks,

Canuck

How tol ocate Board members for a PV resort?

by ForceMajeur

Does anyone know how I can locate the names and addresses of the Board members for the Playa Del Sol Grand Resort in Puerto Vallarta? Thank you kindly in advance

Old Vallarta hotels?

by MBR64

Hello - my wife and I loved the Old Vallarta section of town and were wondering what hotels might be recommended there?

Looking at Los Arcos, Suites Claudia, San Marino, Playa del Sol Condos, Tropicana, Mez del Mar, others?

Only criteria would be having a "quiter" room since my wife is kind of a light sleeper. One other question would be is the beach/water good for swimming in this area?

We stayed at Camino Real a year ago and loved it, however, we would like to stay right in Old Vallarta next visit, within walking distance of the little restaurants, bars etc.

Thanks and hope you had a great holiday!
mbr

Re: Old Vallarta hotels?

by MBR64

Excuse me, I meant to type a "quieter" room, not quiter.
mbr

Re: Old Vallarta hotels?

by golnes2747

We loved Hotel Rosita which is at one end of the Malecon. A room facing the ocean is quiet, all you hear are the waves. We saw people in the water to the right of the hotel. The fenced in pool area is nice and the convenience of the hotel is great.

Comments