Playa Los Arcos Hotel and Suites Beach Hotel

Olas Altas 380 Col. Emiliano Zapata, C.P., Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48380, Mexico

Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• 6 from Seattle love the PLA

DH and I had room 410. Sister and BIL had 337. Best friend and DH had room 310.
    Each loved their room for different reasons. All had nice balconies. 310 is full ocean view with king bed. 410 and 337 had pool, palapa and partial ocean view. Balcony of 337 was more private than 410.
    We were all inclusive and ate and drank alot of food and drink. All was fine except I didnt like Italian night. Pasta was slimy and tasteless. Everything else was good for what it was. It wasnt gourmet by any means. There were fresh fruit and veggies at every meal.
    It was really good for the price. The drinks were plentiful and very tasty. I tried so many :)
    You cant go wrong. One of the best vacation deals in PV....IMO..... for our kind of vacation, it was perfect. The location cant be beat. I wouldnt even consider staying anywhere else in PV.
    We cant wait to go back Dec 2011.

Unique Quality: wonderful open air palapa restaurant/bar perfect for hanging out with a cold beverage and people watching.

Directions: Zona Romantic, right on the beach

• A wonderful quaint place to stay

I stayed a few years back at this hotel and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The peope/staff were so very pleasant; right on the beach for which I really don't like too much. I live in Honolulu and the beach literally is 1 1/2 blocks away from my house. I love history, buildings, and shopping! It was located in the old section (Alta Vallarta) and loved it. I went with my family to see family that I have never met. Beautiful people. We went for the family and for the feast of Our Lady of Guadelupe (December 12th). The plaza in front of the Cathedral was busteling with people and food! You get to see the culture alive! We were but a few blocks from our hotel. Well worth the price. You are pretty much only in your room to sleep right?

Unique Quality: Staff were very friendly. Hotel has the feel of a Hacienda with all the tile. Tile everywhere!

• gyrl240's Profile Photo

Vallarta hotel info

Stayed at Playa los Arcos Sept '07 while on vacation w/my husband and his family. (My husband's sister-in-law picked this hotel.) 250pesos from airport to the hotel but 100 pesos from there to the airport.

As for the hotel itself, Superior Rooms are supposed to have a better view. Either 1 king or 2 double beds. A/C,shower, hair dryer, tv, phone & safes are in the rooms as well for valuables. The rooms have balconies. No fridge or microwaves. In order to use a three prong cord, bring an adapter with you for the electric plugs. 5pesos to make a local call. I found the rooms to have a weird musty smell to it. Even though the maid sprayed the room the smell still lingered. I think it was the old wood furniture.

Very friendly staff. Martha @ the front desk was the best! Very helpful and recommendated some great restaurants. For tour discounts talk to Jaime. You can find him on the strip of beach next to the hotel's restaurant. He's a cabana "boy". A really fun guy and super nice.

Rogelio is an excellent waiter at the hotel's restaurant. There mainly during the morning and afternoon hours. (Friends w/Jaime.) There's a painter gentleman that sets his table up next to the hotel restaurant around 9:30pm. He paints beautiful pictures of Vallarta with only his fingers and nails! 150pesos per painting. I bought 4! ;-)

The hotel front desk will change your currency for you. $1US~10.70pesos. There's a tour office right next to the front desk and a gift shop with all the necessary items you may need. As well as some cute trinkets.

The hotel restaurant: If you sit at a table near the beach, you'll have vendors constantly trying to sell their wares. They're not allowed to come on the restaurant grounds but they can stand a few feet away on the beach side. I had to say, "No necesito" quite a few times during my meal. But that's Vallarta for you. You have to deal w/the vendors almost everywhere.

All-in-all this was an inexpensive hotel that's right on the beach. The staff is great and the location is ideal.

Unique Quality: There's a huge heated pool, an adults only pool next to it w/a waterfall and a jacuzzi. Open from 10am-10pm. They have different pool activities available such as water aerobics. The palapa restaurant had mediocre food and mixed drinks. You have the option to eat from the buffet or order off the menu. Each night the restaurant has various entertainment for the guests. Mock cockfights, mariachi bands, native music and dancing etc.

Playa los Arcos is within walking distance of many restaurants, the water taxi pier, Rio Cuale shopping area, downtown Vallarta and the Malecon (boardwalk). Vallarta is very laid-back and gay friendly. The policia is seen every now and then and the hotel security guards are there 24/7.

• AlisonCoghlan's Profile Photo

Friendly Family Hotel

I had a beautiful room with two double beds and all mod cons. The picture on the intro of my page is the view taken from my balcony. The balcony itself was huge and had sun loungers and table chairs etc for sitting out if you didn't want to lounge by the 3 hotel pools or the Jacuzzi. All the staff were really friendly and the hotel bar was great for happy hours 2 for 1 cocktails.

Unique Quality: My Room was 412. I'd definitely recommend trying to get a room on the fourth floor between approx 408-415. They were $90 incl tax per night and they had sun all day long (though not coming into the rooms, just on the balcony).

Directions: a short walk along the prom from the centre of the old town

• Third time was not a charm ....

I had been at this hotel twice before and loved it, but unfortunately I have to say that the third time was not a charm. It has been about 5 years since my last visit and the place has changed in my eyes. I would not go back. They messed up my reservation and had to give me a lesser room on our first night. When we finally did get our master suite, it was VERY blah. Not a single thing of color. Where is all that mexican flare they speak of on their website! It was drab and musty smelling. The pool was ridiculously crowded. So much that I couldn't even muster up the desire to jump in even with 100 degree heat. I love kids (I have one of my own), but they literally take over the pool. Even the "adults only" pool. The food in the restaurant was horrible and not worth the money. Luckily there are plenty of places to eat close by. After visiting a much nicer resort, the flaws of the PLA became more and more apparent. Details matter to me and I would not stay there again.

Unique Quality: The location is good - within walking distance to everything and it is right on the beach. Internet cafe and a handful of coffee shops all within a block.

Directions: Zona Romantica

• True Mexican hotel

This is a great inexpensive family hotel in downtown/oldtown Puerto Vallarta and is popular with many Mexican families on vacation. The rooms are modest but neat and clean. Some have balconies overlooking the beach. Direct access to the beach and palapas. Also a pool. Meals are eaten al fresco under a giant palapa, very tropical. You are also close walking distance to the heart of the city, the Malecon and up and down the beach. A thoroughly enjoyable stay

Unique Quality: The beach is right there, clean and quiet

• Great Beach Location

Playa Los Arcos is a family-oriented beach resort, located right on the beach at Playa del Sol (also known as Playa de los Muertos). The hotel has been recently renovated and is clean and well-maintained. There are family suites and rooms with one king or two double beds.

It is a short walk to interesting bars and night clubs on Olas Altas and restaurants on Olas Altas and Basilio Badillo (restaurant row).

Unique Quality: Facilities include swimming pools, restaurant, palapa bar w/live music, beach towells/chairs/umbrellas, activities, A/C, hair dryers, safe deposit boxes.

Most rooms have a terrace or balcony and at least a partial view of the ocean. The sound of the surf is ever present and lulls you to sleep at night.

Ask about their all inclusive option: buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus standard domestic drinks (beer, margaritas, etc.)

Directions: On the corner of Olas Altas and Basilio Badillo. About a six block walk to Isla Rio Cuale and ten blocks to the Malecon and the square at the center of town.

• Playa Los Arcos

Stayed here during Christmas 2003. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay. The rooms were well kept, all the plumbing worked fine, security was great, staff was polite. The hotel restaurant and bar was no bargain; it was cheaper to go out into the neighborhood to surrounding restaurants, but it was't too overpriced in the hotel.

The festivities / live music from the bar & restaurant was bothersome if you were in your room, but they shut it down by 10:30 PM. Unfortunately, the revelers in the street outside the hotel were in full swing far later than that.

Directions: Old Town

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Playa Los Arcos Hotel: coolest little hotel in PV!

This little cheap hotel is in what they call the Romanic Zone, and it’s totally this little bohemian village. Cobble stone streets, out door café’s; kick ass meals for $9, and hardly any tourists. This hotel you can buy from your travel agent or on any on line hotel source. Then boyfriend and I stayed there and had a super time, it helped that we were loaded with weed, but never the less, it ruled. There are a lot of San Francisco folks down there because it’s a very gay town Puerto Vallarta. I remember walking down the street and a total white guy pops out of his store and says “Are you from San Francisco?” I said: “yes, why?” He said: “Because you look like it”. Again, being the Queen of the Fags my rein is far and wide.

Unique Quality: Accommodation:
    Superior Room, recently renovated, A/C, 1 king bed or 2 double beds, some rooms with TV, phone, bathroom with shower, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. (Max. Occ. 4).

Facilities:
    Pools. Restaurant. Palapa bar with live music. Beach club. Activities. Theme parties. Internet cafe. Safe deposit boxes available at front desk.

Kids stay Free:
    Kids 15 years and under stay free when in room with 2 adults on EP plan. Kids 8 years and under stay and eat free on almost all-inclusive option.

Kids special:
    Kids 9-12 pay special almost all-inclusive rate with 2 adults.
    Repeat guest special: Bottle of wine. Date of last travel required at check-in.

Meal Deal:
    Special food and beverage rates available. Inquire at time of booking.

Almost All-Inclusive Option:
    Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, domestic drinks 10am-10:30pm, gratuities.

Directions: Located right on the best beach, Playa del Sol (Beach of the Sun, formerly know as Los Muertos Beach).

More about Playa Los Arcos Hotel and Suites Beach Hotel

Place to stay one night

by hawaiilady

We'll be in PV for 2 weeks early December and have 2 timeshares booked but need one night. Any suggestions? Cheap is good.

Re: Place to stay one night

by YVRDave

Try The Playa Los Arcos or the Los Arcos.

Comments