Jose Clemente Orozco #131, Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, 48300

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dirty and Bad Service

This was the hotel that I had a booking for but after we arrived with my wife and our child we decided to go to another hotel. The sheets were dirty. We requested a crib for the child which hotel promissed would be provided and after 3 hours staying at the hotel still no crib. The partition door between two rooms was not locked. We asked the front desk to send someone to close it and that was not done. I called the front desk several times and there was no answer. Their excuse at check out was that they were busy. Food discusting.

Unique Quality: None.

• SunBum1999's Profile Photo

Love the location

I love this place. Perfectly located in Puerto Vallarta. You can walk to town in 10 minutes sight-seeing all the way. Restuarants and shopping all aroung the area. The staff is great and the restuarant is very nice. Great pool and nice beach.

Directions: The area is called Playa las Glorias.

More about Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort

Easter Week 2002 at PELICANOS

We took friends with us for there frist time to Mexico this was a great place. The food- help-pools

were wonderfull. Great nite shows.dinner was seat up by the ocean 3
times that week.Magnifico place
an great value.Beautiful flowers everything naetly

kept. HOPE GO THIS YEAR SAME PLACE.

Wonderful location!

We loved our week at the Plaza Pelicanos and would love to go back today! The food was excellent and the activities staff were wonderful!
The waiters at the restaurant were very attentive and friendly. The activities staff was quite upbeat and fun! We participated in most of the activities and had a great time! When can we come again?
Couple from Tulsa, OK

Oy!!

by TripAdvisor Member Meghan_7

Plaza Pelicanos is rated as a 4* Hotel. I would probabaly rate it as a 3* at best. Don't let the pictures on the internet fool you. The hotel is newly renovated, or so they say. When I first arrived, they put my friend and i in a room that had a bathroom door that would barely close. Finally, after some arguing I got ourselves moved to a room in the newly renovated section of the hotel, which I had paid to be in the first place. Room service was excellent. However, the air-conditioning in my particular room did not seem to work properly and the whole room felt damp. From the sheets to my clothing. The food, served as a buffet, was god awful. The only real exceptions were the rices and french toast. The food had not flavor, especially the pastas. The staff at the Hotel is very nice, but the security team is useless. All in all I would say it was a waste of money. Like I said, don't be fooled by pictures you may see.

Oh wahhhhhh!!

Personally I can't believe some of the babies on here. I stayed at the Pelicanos In January 2003 and enjoyed myself. Usually I travel with a friend but this time I was alone. And for those that think I am a first time traveller I have cruised 14 times, and this my second resort. The first was a 4 star, and yes, the food was a bit better, the safe and workout gym were free and it did brag wheelchair accessible. My friend was in a wheelchair. Even though the workout centre was free I never used it. There was too much else to do and the difference between it being called "Wheelchair Accessible" was maybe one ramp my next stay would be back at the Pelicanos, wheelchair or not. It is right in town, whereas the other was about 1 hour out. Everything was just as accessible by wheelchair as the 4 star and I really enjoyed myself alone, which is odd. Both resorts were great but I opt for the Pelicanos.

I Loved it!

I stayed at Hotel Pelicanos for my birthday in February, and I liked it alot. Our travel agency kind of screwed us over by telling us we would get a ocean view room, but Hotle Pelecanos recently had renovations done due to the hurricane, so there wasn't any available. They made sure we got the best room we could possbily get, and checked for us every day to see if a ocean view room was available. Although it wasnt' there fault, they went out of their way to please us, and I really appreciated the staff's concern to for us. They were very nice people and made us feel very welcome, and I plan to go back next year!

Unbelievable!

I was one of the out of control college students there :) Sorry.....only live once and it was Spring Break. Pelicanos is the best! Senor Frogs is a must for the nightlife, avoid Carlos O'Brien's.
The bar closes a lil early at the resort (probably a smart thing) and the food was sometimes sketchy. Other than the trip was unbelievable. I agree with the contest thing. I was not into the whole contest atmosphere, but once the event staff chased me down with bottles of tequila I was soon entered into the belly flop contest. 2nd place!!
Sounds crazy, but they are great memories. Other than that, if you go there make sure you say hi to Ramon, Javier, and Omar for me and tell them to have a Chiquita Banana ready for me at the bar cuz I will be down there again in March for Spring Break 2004!!

Puerto Vallarta

by SunBum1999

"The hotel"

I stayed at the Plaza pelicanos seccion 2. Very nice resort located right on the beach. Its been recently remodeled since been partly destroyed by a hurricane. The service and staff were very friendly. Your nearby restuarants, liquor stores, jewelry stores, and just about everything else. The Malecon is only a 20 minute walk.

"Plenty of things to do..."

You could snorkel, fish, sail, ecotours, atv, or just relax. There is a lot of small villages on the bay of Banderas. The best is Mismaloya, Las Animas, and Quimixto. Nice beaches, horseback riding, and other activities to do. Pirate ship is always fun also. They put on a good show and dinner and drinks are included.There is also many tequila tours in the area. Other activities can be found at Puertovallarta .net

La Dentista

by Pat&ZoAnn

"New Tourism Opportunity"

We thought this photo was pretty funny when we took it in 1998, in Rosarito. However, less than a year later, we were back in Mexico, looking for our own dentist. A person that we know (here in Vancouver) had been to La Penita, near Puerto Vallarta, to get a crown. Canada supposedly has an excellent health care system, but it doesn't cover dental work. Private dental plans are often carried by a person's employer, or sometimes by a union for their members. Sadly, we belong to neither. A little research indicated to us that it could be cheaper for us to go the PV at an all-inclusive for two weeks, and have the work done there.

Our friend here had the work in long enough for her to be able to say if it was successful, and she was still happy with it.

La Penita is a small community north of PV. The dentist has no telephone, so all we could do was fly down, and show up on his door step, so, that's what we did.

"How do we get there?"

Once we arrived and got settled in (our experience with the hotel could rate another travelogue), we investigated where we were going, and how we were going to get there. We rented this Volkswagen buggy from a rental agency just around the corner from our hotel. No roof, the speedodometer just spun around and around, in both directions. It is a beautiful drive, and for folks who had never driven in Mexico before, it was easy to find our destination, with no problems along the way.

"What time is it, anyway?"

We arrived at seista time (when all the shops close for an hour or so), and, although the dentist's door was open, we thought we would wait until after siesta. We went down to this wonderful, wonderful, empty, deserted beach, and spent an hour here, just luxuriating in the sun.

"La Penita beach"

We went for lunch at a local eatery. Also there were some folks from Washington State, who were having a house built just outside of town. They spent most of their time at the restaurant, going to the building site occasionally to check on the progress.

"Los pelicanos"

We sat here and watched the pelicans diving, a few locals playing in the ocean. When siesta time was over, we made our way back to the dentist's office, only to find he wasn't back yet. We sat on the curb for a long time waitng, wondering what kind of professional was this we were going to entrust Zo Ann's mouth to, anyway? As we waited, we saw many different people go by (we hadn't met the dentist, yet, and didn't know what he looked like), most of whom, we were praying were NOT the dentist.

"The Man himself"

When he finally showed, we were relieved to see he didn't have the greasy hands, long hair, etc., of many of those who had come past. He never offered an explanation as to why he was so late. After he examined Zo Ann, he gave us an estimate. It turned out to be more expensive than we were expecting, so we declined. After we had driven back to our hotel, we talked a little more about this situation. After all, it was the reason we came. Sure, it was a nice holiday, but the dental work still needed to be done. So, two days later, we rented our little Volkswagen again, and went back to La Penita to seal the deal.

"How it all turned out"

So, she had the work done. Pat had to leave after one week, Zo Ann stayed another week. She took the bus from PV for her remaining appointments. One morning, she didn't receive her wake up call, and had to really rush to make her bus. She, in fact, thought she had missed her bus, and was going to be an hour late, but she got to La Penita right on time. About a year later, we learned that there is a time-zone change between PV and La Penita. Well, all of a sudden, things made sense! That's why he was still open when we got there at siesta time, why we sat on the curb for an hour (we must have just missed him), and why Zo Ann was always able to be on time.

Three years later, she is still happy with the work

Along the beach of Plaza PelicanosAlong the beach of Plaza Pelicanos

Hotel Pelicanos

by christaln

My girlfriends and I are landing in PV next week. We will be staying at Pelicanos. Any comments on this hotel, beach. We're only there for 2 days any must sees?

Re: Hotel Pelicanos

by LolaSanFrancisco

I THINK it's the gay owned and operated section. Have a ball!

Comments