Puerto de Luna All-Suites Resort

Boulevard Fco Medina Ascencio 2500, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Puerto de Luna All-Suites Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 60% less but rated 35% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Puerto Vallarta

Beautiful PV sunsetBeautiful PV sunset

Entrance to movie set, El Eden and canopy tourEntrance to movie set, El Eden and canopy tour

Sign located at town entranceSign located at town entrance

view from the restaurantview from the restaurant

Safety in Puerta Vallarta?

by eptlou

Considering all of the drug and gang violence in Mexico, is Puert Vallarta a safe place to bring your family. Also,is it safe to venture out of the resort into town in the day time or evening? Are there any local tours that are safe for tourists?
We know our resort is safe but we really want to be able to venture out and enjoy Puerta Vallarta, please give me your honest assessment.

by Agraichen

I can only tell you that a colleague of mine lives there part time and in the US part time. He and his wife plan to live there 8-9 months of the year and only move north for the heat of the summer. They walk the streets daily and don't worry.

by juliogg

PV IS TOTALLY SAFE. dONT WORRY.

by jeanfinney

There was a nasty incident in January in PV but the nasty stuff goes on between/among the cartels - Just stay away from nasty places and it won't affect you - I am currently in an advisory area (Michoacan) and feel perfectly safe, the only sign is occasionally lots of Federales driving around in jeeps or on the side to the road - which I have seen twice in two weeks. I think you will be fine, tons of tourists should be there now enjoying....

by Agraichen

With regard to the prior post about Federales.. They are ever present in Mexico so don't be alarmed. I meet them weekly in the grocery store as they tend to pick up snacks too. There are checkpoints at various places along the highways where you are stopped and asked where you are coming from and going to. I pass 6 on my trip to/from the US border to my (other) home in Loreto. Occasionally they do a "full" inspection of my vehicle which takes about 5 minutes. They're just doing their job.

by yvr

Too many other great and safer countries to go to.

by YVRDave

It is like saying avoid the USA because of what happened in Tucson, Colonbine etc etc

by jeanfinney

Well, not exactly the same - Colombine was a school after all, for instance, it is a different story - People flip out psychologically in the States under various pressures and they have guns, whereas in Mexico it is about a war to control the drug trade among cartels - and something bad did happen in PV in January - however it is the same in a way because people see a story of some violent problem and think it is widespread, whereas even if one was hoping for a little excitement on the trip to Mexico, it probably wouldnt happen near you - I would not recommend that anyone go to Ciudad Juarez for example but why go there in the first place? Mexico generally feels super safe to me - I am an older woman traveling alone, and the people in the street, buses, stores, etc, are so sweet and mellow and helpful that I know that all I need is a smile and basic courtesy and I will be assisted kindly and playfully - This is a kind of psychological safety that I dont always feel in Europe, for instance, because people there can be very distant and cold and disinterested - brrrr! - and the country does offer so much beauty and interesting culture that it would be shame, it seems to me, to avoid it because of a news story....

Travel Tips for Puerto Vallarta

Getting pictures taken with iguanas

by Carmanah

While walking along the old part of Puerto Vallarta, my sister and I were asked if we wanted our picture taken with an iguana named Iggy Pop. For a few pesos, we decided it was worth it. In the end, this picture still makes me smile. I'm the girl on the right holding Iggy Pop. My sister is the girl who looks like a Mexican.

Downtown PV is a ton-o'fun and...

by lar-n-me

Downtown PV is a ton-o'fun and beautiful. Our video footage seeemed as if we added the 'Salsa' music in the background, but it was actually the music being played and heard throughout all of downtown Puerto Vallarta. It was great! (notice at the bottom the Domino's delivery guy on the motorcycle).

Miles and miles of beaches

by spartan

Puerto Vallarta has literally miles of beaches, ranging from lively shores at the seaside resorts to isolated strands under the cliffs along the Bahía de Banderas. Whether you prefer to relax with every amenity at hand or to search for a private stretch of sand, there's something for every taste.

Adventurous types will want to explore along Highway 200 to the south or along Punta de Mita road to the north, where the most unspoiled beaches are to be found. Once you get away from town and discover these hidden treasures, you'll realize what drew Puerto Vallarta's earliest visitors to the area. Puerto Vallarta used to be the Mexican elite best kept hideaway secret. A former fisherman’s village located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by mountains and lush jungle, PV has evolved into a playground for vacationers and travelers alike.

The spectacular scenery and the world class hotels, restaurants, nigthclubs and services makes an irresistible combination for the stressed and jaded vacationer as well as for the film industry that uses it as a natural movie set. So don´t think twice, visit Puerto Vallarta, where everybody is treated like a King or a Queen.

Money and Safety

by richmalak

PV is super duper safe but you still gotta be careful…there is absolutely no reason to take jewelry or other valuables other than a wedding ring to a beach front resort town.
Never put anything of any value into a checked piece of luggage…as you will see later this is a moot point as you should not have any checked luggage.
I carry a fair amount of cash with me but keep it along with travel documents in a pouch around my neck.
Travelers checks are ok as there are banks and exchange huts everywhere…but then you still have to take the time to go cash them and then you are still carrying cash…also what if you lose them…it’s a pain…the best exchange rates are at the bank…never change money at a hotel.
ATM’s are the ticket…there are ATM’s everywhere…the money is dispensed in pesos…the exchange rate is the best…you can quick grab pesos whenever you need to.
Credit cards…good to have as a backup or for cash advances but a pain to use and you will get charged more for using them and then you have to know that the carbons are destroyed et cetera…we bring them as a backup against losing our ATM cards or something but never use them.

Don't pack too much!

by stephz20

Don't go overboard with the clothing... there's a lot to buy there... most girls end up buying cute sundresses and wear that with their bathing suit under. I ended wearing my sundress a lot. If you're planning on enjoying the nightlife, bring some dressy clothes too... otherwise keep it simple. You'll be too hot to bother. BRING SUNSCREEN. I'm one of those people who never burn... The Mexican sun will burn ANYBODY.

Comments