Samba Vallarta By Pueblo Bonito

Modulo J-Horc 2, Flamingos Nayarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, 63732, Mexico

Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Its a Nightmare

Samba, noise, noise and more noise. I have just been waken up at 6:55 am by the loud music coming from the beach bar. I guess it is their way of inspiring travellers to get up. At night it is the disco blasting music till 1:00 am- we went and looked at who was dancing so late, and it seemed it was more staff than anyone else. It is a hotel trying to get by on appealing to a fun, lets drink and party crowd-which doesn't seem to be working. They need to rethink how they do business-maybe follow the example of some of the hotels in town who have a more sophisticated,calmer approach.

• TrishnMarty's Profile Photo

Not bad for the Price

Samba Vallarta is a small resort, located on the beach in an area known as Flamingos, north of Puerto Vallarta. It has less than 200 rooms and is kept extremely clean. The food is lacking but can be tolerated for the most part. The bars are well stocked, considering.

The staff is probably the friendliest I have ever encountered at a resort.

The beach is nice for being brown sand and the water is dark. The sunsets are beautiful and I highly recommend catching them every evening as they are always different.

There is a more than adequate pool which is split into 3 segments with plenty of deck chairs to go around. Even though it is a small resort, it doesn't seem crowded at all.

Unique Quality: Only 20 minutes from the airport.

Again, everything is kept EXTREMELY clean.

More about Samba Vallarta By Pueblo Bonito

Yessssssssssssssssss

I read the reviews before making the booking and I can say that the positive reviews are all correct. My wife and I just came back on 6th of december. This is at best 3 or 3.5 star place that gives you a 5 star experience, and a tremendous stress relief.

Solare is about 9-10 years old, great setup, great location (Nuevo Vallarta), great pool, OK rooms with great marble floors, great staff.

If someone is a complaining type, he/she will complain no matter where they go, so this review is not for them.

Check IN: Quick and cooperative.

A Typical Day: Breakfast starting very early till 10:30, same continental breakfast every day, which is the same wherever you go, some more fruit variety could be there (considering that there is a tremendous amount of fruits around).

Go by the pool and either lay around near the pool, or take part in the variety of activities arranged by the activities staff (Maria, Marco, Jesus, Monica, Kareena, the guy from Argentina, and poland, and the mexican ricki martin (I am not very good with names) and the rest of them), or go to the beach and lay under the straw umbrellas, and use the water activities.

Lunch in either of the two restaurants (one by the pool, and one main restaurant). The one by the pool has very american menu (grilled chicken, burgers, fries, hot dogs, etc) and has a scenery to die for.
The main restaurant is very much like "old country buffet" and tastes the same every day, but food quality is very fine.

Activities continue throughout the evening and afternoon, and then comes the dinner starting at 6:30 in the main restaurant till about 10:30 in the night. Again same tasting food, but good food. The A La Carte restaurant requires the reservation, and has a spectacular service and setting with quite poor food service, I only went there 2 times.

At 9, they have a one hour show, which is not the most spectacular show you will ever see, but definitely, a very sincere effort by these young artists. They have a wide variety of shows throughout the week, in all they have 15 shows for people who might be there for 2 weeks. They really get the people involved big time in the shows.

Water Sports: They have all the basic water sports except the catarmaran, but since most of the people are older, there is not too much action, but a spectacular beach with enough space for everyone.

Tips: You will get the same service if you tip or not, but the service will be such spectacular, it will hard not to tip, especially with such little money that they make, tip well.

Drinks: Drinks all over, in fact, I think too much drinking, more than I would like to see being consumed by people around me.

Beach: Typical sandy water, I got bit by a crab, a sting fish, jelly fish, while taking lessons on the wind surfing (which I just could not learn). Me and my wife went for the first ever kayaking into the sea, so that was very interesting. People selling all sorts of time share etc., and not very pushy. Some are selling services for hair styling for girls for $35 USD, which is hysterical since most people in Mexico make $5 USD a day, so does not make sense for them to be demanding that kind of money.

Excursions: There is plenty to do, so you do not need many excursions, but some day excursions are good to go for.

Vicinity to the town: The bus takes you to Purto Vallarta every 20 minutes for $1.50, and drops you in front of walmart, other taxis are quite cheap compared to US. But, yes, it does take at least 40 to 60 minutes from the hotel to where you might want to go to in the city of P.V, and this is a very big factor. They have a very run down town called Bucerias or something which is 4 kms from the hotel if you walk by the beach (takes 50 minutes), they also have free bicycles, which I suggest NOT to take (very dangerous and very poorly maintained).

Staff: Spectacular.

Entertainment Staff: Spectacular.

Front Desk: Very good, and they also have a very well maintained safe.

Guests: Mostly very friendly Canadians, some from US and some from Mexico. Mostly older people, so not too much young drunkards running around making trouble, I think the type of guests that this resort attracts is one of the best part about this place. My wife and I made made so many friends in just 1 week.

Rooms: Half of them have a garden view towards the huge Riu, and the other half towards the pool, and about 8 directly on the ocean (with $50 upgrade). The rooms were well taken care of, but I heard that many people mention about faulty air conditioning, mold, etc. What the heck, nothing in the world is perfect. NO ROOM SERVICE, but once they did send one or two minor non food things that I requested.

If I am ever again in PV, this is where I am heading.

One Down Point: After the show is over, this place is very very boring, some nights, they do have a late night dancing till 1:00 a.m., but no many people attend.

Safety: Very safe, day or night, they have guards all the time, and in the night, they have guards making rounds all the time.

Thank you solare.

Unforgetable

i am a 14 year old girl and My family and I just got back from a 1 week vacation at solare. It was our 4th time there, so as you can tell we think it is a great place. This year for me was so much better, alot of things happend to me while I was there for example I met a girl on the entertainment staff who had so much in common with me. We quickly became great friends her name is Monika. Anyways, on to the hotel it's self, Activity team was amazing they do anything and everything the can to make your holiday unforgetable, (excelent shows at night guys!) the food was good too, they barley have the same thing 2 days in a row.

rooms were good, sometimes your clothing withh feel somewhat damp in the morning but that is to be expected with all of the humidity. It is a small hotel , that is nice because it is more personable so you get to know alot about everyone, not one of these gigantic hotels were you would meet someone and not see them for the reast of the week. So all in all this was and excelent place. thanks for making my holiday a blast! see you all next year! -HaLeY

I'm going back!!!

Ok.. first off the staff Emilano, Monica, Kareena, Maria, and others cant remember everyone sorry if I forgot your names are very friendly and talented and inspiring people! ( which makes the stay at solare worth every penny)

even after a hard days work the staff will invite you to go out with them to a local nightclub to enjoy a good time....... try finding that at other resorts!!!!!

Hotel was nice and clean but could use clocks in rooms...hahaha

Food was good ( I recommend losing 15-20 lbs before going there so you don't have to lay down to button pants when you leave )

bar ...... lets just say glass was always full of top shelf liquors and and always a " AHOLA" from the bartenders.

what really makes this resort is the entire staff!! a smile and buenas dias even from the maids.

I hope when i go back next year the same staff is there... these people can't be replaced!!!!

The best!

The Solare resort was a wonderful experience for me and my family. Though I am only 13 years of age I thought this resort had something for everybody! My mom and dad were either dancing or chatting with friends under the sun. My sister and her friend were getting their hair done or just lounging around the beautiful beach. Me and my friends enjoyed the company of the enertainers at the resort. They were so much fun to be around. I wish I could have stayed another month because I felt so close to all of them. I truly miss them and wish to return as soon as I can. Their was something to do no matter what time it was. In the morning volleyball, soccer, or ping pong. In the afternoon the extravigent lunch buffet, hanging out in the pool playing water polo. The nights were unbelievable. With amazing shows every night, I couldn't get up to bed! I think that no matter how old you are you would enjoy this resort and want to come back! Its simply THE BEST!

Solare - Wonderful Trip

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week vacation at the Solare and we had a wonderful time. The person writing from Chicago pretty much sums it up. All the staff were just great!! Most of them speak very good English and those who didn't always managed to figure out what we were talking about. The hotel is always kept spotless. They are continually cleaning the grounds, the bathrooms and the pool area. Our room was always spotless when we came up in the afternoon - thankyou Elva! Hosei, Saul, Raul and many others made sure that our drink glasses were never empty - thanks so much guys. Martin (from Poland) was my Spanish teacher in the afternoons - speaks very good Spanish and he also gave some good tips when it comes to taxis drivers - "negotiate the price" before you get in! The evening shows were wonderful and some were of Vegas quality so our hats off to the 15 or so performers that did a marvelous job of entertaining the guests - you guys were great.
Some of the off site ventures we did were golf at the Flamingos - it was a $4 taxi ride over there and is a beautiful course (kind of expensive, though) $99US or $70 if you buy a propotion of 3 for two.
Ramone was our starter person who got our cart ready and gave us some balls for the driving range. It is an easy course, although you wouldn't know if by our scores - we blamed it on the Bermuda Greens! We took a sailboat tour with Vallarta adventures and it was well worth the $80 US. They wined and dined you all day on a 47 foot yaht and the sea life we saw was spectacular. Back to the Solare - I would highly recommend it to those of you who like the smaller resorts and the friendlier atmosphere. These folks go out of their way to make your vacation one to remember. Hello to the good people we met Gord Chris and Adam from St. Albert, Alberta Jerry & Linda Alberta

Great Value Watch your teen girls if you bring them.

We stayed from June 28 to July 5, 2003. The price was great for this hotel. Very friendly and the bartenders were wonderful. The Activities staff was great except we had to run interference with a local who was part of the activity staff. He picked up on our daughter at the disco the second night, she's 15 he's 19. He would not take "no" for an answer. We went with 3 teen daughters so we drew alot of attention, but this guy would not leave her alone, all the other activity guys were nice and danced with all the girls, but never went beyond that, or even tried. This guy would not give up, even after my husband spoke to him directly and finally had to approach his manager. We constantly had to keep an eye on him which infringed on our vacation. The rooms were ok, A/C was really a swamp cooler, it was muggy. We liked this resort better than the bigger ones (RUI) you got to know the other guests during the week. Our girls made great friends and still email them today.

There is NOTHING like it!

I do not even know where to begin! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Solare March 2002. I have not written a review, but now going back and reading some of the current ones, it brought back SO many memories that I had to send something. First off...about a month before we even took our trip, we sent an email to the general email address to ask a few questions about the resort (we have stayed at a few other all-inclusive resorts in various parts of Mexico and were a little skeptical because of a variety of bad experiences/situations). Within days we received a response from Miguel, the food and beverage manager, who answered everything we needed to know and more. We continued to email with him until our trip and, while there, were able to meet him. That was an extra treasure. We truly felt like we already had a friend there. We did not get one of the 8 oceanview rooms as they were very hard to come by. Our room faced the Riu Hotel next door but we were still able to see the ocean from our deck. Every day we had breakfast at the buffet.
We are STILL craving the bacon they had!!! It was perfect, every day!
Daily, they had a variety of different foods, but always the basics, which were WONDERFUL! At lunchtime, you could eat at the buffet or at the pool area. The pool area had food going the majority of the time the pool was open. Hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, french fries, nachos and always fresh guacamole. Plus, they had a softserve icecream machine that was open all day. The buffet had the average buffet-type food.
Dinner had three options, the buffet, the Italian and the poolside restaurant. We ate at the buffet the majority of the time but did try each of the other restaurants as well. The Italian place was incredible! If we are lucky enough to go back, we will for sure take advantage of that one more often. The staff was INCREDIBLE!!! They were always busy keeping people entertained in so many ways. Our room was great! We would definitely go back to Solare for more reasons then there is room to type. Thank you to EVERYONE who made our trip incredible.

Standards?

Four of us stayed at the Solare from Jan 3-10, 2004. Although we were given an outline of how to book restaurants, obtain towels, dress codes(for a la carte restaurants)...etc. these were no more than suggestions,ie: reservations for a la carte restaurants were supposed to made in the morning of the night required, the staff were booking days in advance.

It was stated that priority would be given to people going to the restaurant for the first time but this wasn't true. Some guests were booked in every night while others couldn't get in at all. Even though the dress code was clearly displayed,there was no effort to enforce them.

The advertised "nightly dancing" occured only 3 of the 7 nts we stayed there. There was a daily activities board, though some of the activities didn't run & no notice/reasons were given.

The pool was only open from 8am-8pm, but towels were only available from 9am-6pm! One day the towels weren't available until 1130am!

There was very little to do for people our age, most nights everything was shut down by 1030pm, and the only music you would hear would be coming from adjacent resorts!

This resort should be advertised as a family resort. The only people catered to were the kids.

Service was inconsistent. For the first 5 days we weren't offered drinks around the pool, but on the last day a waiter was seen taking orders.

Equipment availability was limited because you could sign out things in the morning (like boogie boards) and keep them all day. There should be time limits put on signing things out.

At an all-inclusive resort, good service should not be dependent on whether you give tips or not, but it was clear that if you tipped you got better service. When we tipped the cleaning ladies, our room became cleaner and was cleaned earlier in the day.

As with most all-inclusive resorts, drink quality was inconsistent. I didn't get the same drink twice in a row, not even from the same bar tender!

You could exchange you money into pesos at the hotel but could not exchange pesos back into dollars. This was not mentioned to us either.

The weather was great, the beach was well kept and the merchants
weren't bothersome. We will go back to Nuevo Vallarta, but not to
Solare.

burned omelette paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Diane87

We stayed at the resort January 3-10 2004. The setting and the grounds were above average.The rooms average. The activities staff/ nightly show cast members were first rate. The buffet was not fit for your best friend fido. It was not possible to get a boiled egg or any simple thing cooked fresh. My favourite was the morning omelette chef , a very unpleasant woman who burned everything and did not understand what omelette or pancake meant when you asked for the same. Front desk staff absolutely incompetent and despise tourists. My daughter left a message with the counter staff which was never passed on. We received an explanation 5 days later upon check out in the form of a written note from the manager just like the " waldorf salad" episode in the British sit-com Fawlty Towers. This is a place where the staff have the " attitude" and play the game to the limit. It is truly a shame because the potential and the setting are there. Do yourself a favour and go down the road either direction to a place that wants your business.

Red Wine at Samba Vallarta

by cgerk

I am hoping that someone can help me locate information on the red wine that I had at the Samba Vallarta.

It was called Diavolo Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 (I believe it was from Chile). I am trying to buy it in the U.S. but I need a photo of the label to help me find it. I am unable to locate it on the internet with the small amount of information that I have.

Have you ever heard of this wine? Do they sell it in shops in PV? Is it possible for someone to send me a photo of the wine label?

Thank you very much for any assistance that you can provide.

cgerk@yahoo.com

Re: Red Wine at Samba Vallarta

by leics

Could it have been Casillero del Diabolo Cab Sav?

It's produced by Concha y Toro: