Sheraton Buganvilias Resort

#16 of 301 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 2316 reviews
Compare best prices from top travel partners Travelocity

Value Score

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

Spa and Resort Family Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities

Not Impressed

by written on May 22, 2012

Pretty let down with the quality of this hotel. There are a few positive reviews here, not sure if they are completely honest or just got lucky, but my experience and the experience of my family certainly do not match.
The hotel on the surface seems rather well-kept but there are a couple large flaws. It seems that they spend their time making sure the front entryway and lobby are very clean and sacrifice the cleanliness of the rooms. The bed in my room had a very large yellow stain on the sheets (disgusting), the refrigerator was broken and the water pressure was very shotty. When I complained I was quickly dismissed like they hear it all the time and are tired of putting up with it. Customer as a whole was subpar and not very welcoming or informative.
The hotel is also designed so that whenever someone closes a door in the hallway it creates an air vacuum that rattles all the doors in the hallway. In a large hotel like this it is very annoying and you just have to learn to live with the "SLAM!!! WHOOSH!!" sounds every 5 minutes if you ever want to get any sleep.

Unique Quality: Views were nice, but not worth the hassle I had to endure. There are many other nice hotels with views in the area.

Directions: Puerto Vallarta

A place to rest your tired body after fun in p.v

by written on March 19, 2012

Our stay at the sheraton resort was ok. I cannot stay it isbone of my favorite resorts to stay in or that i would stay again but it was not that bad. Rooms were to outdated for my taste but we knew that going into it since booking. The prices were good and thats what drove us to stay there. Rooms again smell to musty, we switched rooms and ended up with the same problem, seems to be the case with all of the rooms. There is no sand on the beach, nothing but rocks which is very inconvenient. Beaides that the people who work there are very nice and the service is pretty good.

Unique Quality: Outdoors the facilities are kept very clean, the pool is fun my kid had a great time in the pool.

Directions: Zona hotelera

etfromnc's Profile Photo

A great place for a wedding

by written on February 11, 2012

We were there for my eldest nephew's wedding and they picked an excellent location. There was a festive air in the hotel throughout our stay with special theme-dinners each evening followed by free entertainment. The entertainment was not usually a Las Vegas-type show but they were entertaining and you did not feel compelled to just sit and watch. There was dancing, contests, and "Ballet Folklorico" style shows.
The pool was also multilevel and multifaceted with swim up bars for beverages and food. The food prices were more reasonable than the room prices.
Trip Advisor contributors rate the Sheraton Bouganvilias as 27th out of 114 hotels in Puerto Vallarta and, though I have not stayed in another hotel in PV, it seems that that ranking is probably pretty close to appropriate.

Unique Quality: I am not certain whether this was a plus or minus but I found the architecture to be rather unique. There was no traditional continuity with ramps sometimes leading from one level to the next, halls and walkways seeming to bend back upon themselves, and at least one dead end hallway which was rather long with no visible indication that you were walking into a box canyon and were going to have to reverse that path.

kfengler's Profile Photo

Very Convenient location...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 26, 2011

We enjoyed our stays for our 10 days. Services we required were very good. For the most part the food was very good, but not the cheapest for food and drinks. This seems pretty much on par for any of the "Touristy" establishments. There are cheaper more local place if you're a little adventurous.

Unique Quality: The pools are great with both having swim up bars.

Directions: Close to town, the last of the BIG hotel chains before town.

kcochran111's Profile Photo

Romantic Resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 3, 2008

From the time we checked in until the time we checked out, every Sheraton Buganvillas employee we encountered went out of their way to provide friendly, prompt service. The hotel staff is very knowledgable and helpful, and the location and amenities make for a perfect romantic getaway.

Unique Quality: Guests have a choice of 2 pools complete with poolside food and beverage service, waterfalls, and a hot tub. The hotel also boasts a nice selection of retail shops, a mini-mart for everything you forgot to pack, and a full-service spa with massage tables overlooking the ocean.

Directions: Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, Downtown Vallarta

TRVLRZ's Profile Photo

Downtown PV

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 6, 2006

Because I travel a lot, typical large hotel chains all blend together for me. (My wife on the other hand loves them!) With the exception of this Sheraton. We were fortunate to be able to get one of the nicer rooms on the top floor that had a private sun bathing area and over all a very nice room.
The pool at this location was fantastic and the staff were a lot of help! The restaurants were typical resort food, great for some one who really does not wish to stray too far. I highly recommend eating at the local venues!

scott_dallas's Profile Photo

Closest to town of Major Hotels

by written on March 6, 2005

I think this is a good choice for a first time visitor. It is well maintained and is only about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Malecon area, or "El Centro". However, the sidewalks for the first portion are not very good, so it is better to take a cab, 20 or 30 pesos, or better yet the 'autobus' for 5 pesos.

I would stay here again and would recommend it, but if (when) I return to Puerto Vallarta, I would prefer to stay at a small hotel in the Old Town, as I am more interested in getting out and about and not spending much time at the hotel.

Unique Quality: The hotel featured 2 huge swimming pools, 3 restaurants, and I believe 2 bars. I only ate at the restaurant under the big palapa one day for the breakfast buffet and it was pretty decent, especially the chilaquiles. Probably the best feature of the hotel is all rooms face the ocean, was nice to sleep with the window open with the nice breeze and sounds of the surf.

Directions: Located midway between Puerto Vallarta "El Centro" and the Marina.

califuberalles's Profile Photo

Excellent Accomodations

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 1, 2004

We had a superb stay at the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort during our honeymoon (October 30 - November 6, 2001). If available, make sure you ask for a room with a balcony... during your down-time, you will enjoy relaxing there until you head out for your next adventure.

The rooms have comfortable beds, good sized bathrooms, and cable television (if you feel the need to keep in touch with the world).

One thing... after check-in, we met with an activities coordinator who sold us a membership packet to get severely reduced prices on tours/excursions. This was well worth the 100 pesos; however, we were told that we could attend a free breakfast and get our 100 pesos back.... hey, free breakfast... and money back for two or three margaritas... I'm going for it. Well, the breakfast was decent, but the whole thing was about buying into a time-share. We were not interested and I quickly convinced our assigned salesman of it; however, his boss came over for the hard sale (I feel sorry for the people who can't say "no"). Morale of the story.... nothing's free.

Unique Quality: Excellent views, several pools, great lounging areas. The food in the restaurant was good... but you'd be best served visiting some of the restaurants in town (find some in the "Restaurant" tips section).

Nearby Sheraton Buganvilias Resort

Sheraton Buganvilias Resort

• Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
  • Puerto Vallarta Sheraton
  • Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
  • Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta

Address: Boulevard Medina Ascencio 999, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48330, Mexico

14 Photos of Sheraton Buganvilias Resort

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Puerto Vallarta Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Vallarta, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Vallarta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Vallarta hotel reviews

Club Roxy
Flores Magon (Orphanage)
Off The Beaten Path
Sports & Outdoors
beautiful native art from the indigenous huicholes
good basic mexican food
good food, free wi-fi, on the beach
vallarta botanical gardens -- a wonderful day
Off The Beaten Path
a good basic lunch in the downtown open market