Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Book at the main building not at #7

Make sure that when you book in this hotel, book at the main building or the building that is front the main swimming pool. This resort has so many buildings and the best rooms are located in the east side facing the beach. They are newer and they were renovating them while we were there. It is also facing the main swimming pool.

The #7 building is parallel to the main road and it's farther away from everything. You have to walk through the tennis court, employee's work station, etc. Also, the elevator is very slow. This is an older building and most of the amenities don't work!

I had to request to be moved!

The room that we got after we requested for it to be changed was on the sixth floor of the main building and we had a view!

Unique Quality: The staff here are wonderful except the manager whom I felt did not take care of my complaints. I think the manager has to re-train their maids to clean the rooms better! Or, they should have a supervisor to check after the maids are done cleaning to have a quality control!

Directions: Located about 2.5 kilometers from the airport

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

The hotel is good for families who are on a budget

Overall, I will rate this hotel five out of ten because of my experience there. With the price I paid, I guess, it's okay. Including our roundtrip airfare from Seattle to Puerto Vallarta including the hotel for six days, I think it was about right...but, it could have been better managed.

Our first night, the toilet was not working. They have to remove the toilet and change it. Then I had to be moved to a different room with my insistence. Then, the second room they gave us, the bedsheets were not clean- they smelled not clean. I cannot say the sheets are dirty but definitely, they were awfully smelly! The sheets did not smell "Limpiada"!

The elevator was also not working the week we were there.

The check-in process was very long. The front desk people don't even say, "We will be right with you..kind of like that"

The second room where we checked-in- the telephone kept ringing and when I picked it up, nobody was answering on the other line. It even rang at the middle of the nigh and very early in the morning. On our third night, I had to call the front desk to try calling me so I can check why I can't answer the phone. Then, for sure enough, the phone was not working correctly! They had to change it!

The manager was not very helpful when I went and complained with him about our first room! I was told that it is a room fronting the beach- but it was a room close to the road...

The manager was like cold and I guess, he was used to have all the complaints because there were so many wrong about the hotel.

The staff were not helpful even at check -in. Nobody assisted me in bringing up our luggages.

There was no lifeguard at their pools even if the hotel management that there are so many little children there.

Unique Quality: OverallThe only thing that I can say that is good about this hotel is their location because it has it's own private beach, and they have so many swimming pools. (They should extend the times to get towels to 10:00 pm instead of 9:00 pm.

Also, I love their buffet breakfast restaurant because it was exceptionally great! I ove their array of food, beverages and their coffee was always brewed fresh! The staff at their restaurant were great! The buffet was a little bit pricy if you are a budget traveller.

Directions: From the airport, it's about 2.5 kilometers. If you are a backpacker, you can walk! But, you can take the bus for a 6.50 pesos or you can pay 80 pesos on an air-conditioned bus.

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Great Beach Resort

We stayed at this resort for one night in August 2011. We booked a Deluxe Garden View With Kitchenette and 1 King Bed. Unit was very spacious with balcony overlooking one of the pools. We paid $85 USD total for one night. This was a last minute online booking through an agency. Breakfast was not included. Our unit consisted of a bedroom and separate living/kitchen/dining room, two TVs, nice sized bathroom. Kitchen was totally equipped with all appliances and utensils. Unit was in excellent condition and nicely decorated, very clean. This was the off season, hence the very low pricing. Grounds, pools and beach were well maintained. Staff was friendly and efficient.
    At least some of the units in this resort are time shares so be prepared to be approached with an offer to attend a presentation. This is very common in Puerto Vallarta, which appears to be Time Share Central!

Unique Quality: Very nice beach and pool areas.

• Beautiful Grounds and Very Nice Rooms

We spent March 4-11 2006 at Villa del Palmar. We arrived late on Saturday evening and were checked in right away. We were given a room overlooking the pool. It was cleaned daily and well maintained. This resort has 3 pools. One is a "quiet" pool for adults only. The beach was about what you expect on the pacific ocean. We did swin in the ocean a couple of times. They have free towel service and you can get dry towel as often as you want. We used the BBQ on site a couple of times by the quiet pool and that was very enjoyable. Overall we had a great time with nothing to complain about. We did do the timeshare sales pitch, but when I told the sales guy you can get a much better deal on ebay, they let us go right away. I would recommend this resort. In fact when I got home I did get on ebay and bought a timeshare there I enjoyed it and we are going back again this coming March.

Unique Quality: I liked the idea of the family pools and then a quite pool if you wanted to get away from the kids for a while. They had a dinner show each evening at poolside and activities all day long for the whole family. Very nice place to stay.

Directions: Hotel Zone, across fromm Gigante

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Paradise right on the beach

I own a timeshare at this resort, so for LJ´s special birthday, we decided to spend a week here. The grounds are magnificient and located right on the beach.

Unique Quality: Our room was equipped with a stove, mircowave, refridgerator, cable tv, king size bed, patio overlooking the pools/hot tub, cooking untesils, pots, pans, toaster, blender.

Directions: Located next to the Holiday Inn and across the street from Plaza Caracol.

• Disappointment

Just returned from this "Resort". It is NOT a 5 star place like some have mentioned. Here is a highlight of out stay at the hotel.

Arrive Saturday night, wake up Sunday morning with the floor very wet. Was told the floor "sweats". I'm not talking about a little water - the entire floor is wet. Someone is sent to fix the condensation problem.
    Monday, floor a little wet.
    Tuesday, wake up with floor very wet. Stop by the desk at 6:00 pm and ask them to fix the floor seating problem. Arrive back at the hotel at 11:45 pm and the floor is extremely wet, making it slippery and dangerous to walk. They us why we did not call them back when no one showed up at 6:00 pm. We tell them we were out and just returned. They decide to move us to another room, so we are packing up and moving to a room 2 doors down at 1:00 am. Just about moved into the new room, when we discover bugs in the kitchen area. We call the front desk and they send 2 guys with an almost empty can of Raid. The guys tell us the bugs are gone.
    Wake up on Wednesday, and the bugs are back. Call the front desk and move to another room.
    Return on Thursday and the floor near the bathroom is wet. Leak on the ceiling. Call the front desk and they send a few guys to repair the leaky ceiling. Looking forward to leaving this place.
    The staff of this hotel is very friendly. The manager did comp us 3 meals and laundry (things spilled on clothing during the first move) and a manicure/pedicure after we complained several times. I think we spent about 6 to 8 hours of our vacation moving from room to room and discussing the problems with management and requesting that they offer us consideration for our inconvenience. All in all, I would have really preferred staying somewhere else.
    If I were to compare this hotel to an American hotel, I'd say it was a bit above a Motel 6, with better grounds.

Unique Quality: Nice pool, too bad it closes at 10 pm.

Directions: Hotel North

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Just another Resort

Although the foyer was beautiful, the hotel kept clean, the grounds well kept & housekeeping did a bang up job. I will never stay at this hotel again. For that matter, I will never return to Puerto Vallarta again as I was not the only one complaining about hotels. But let me just tell you my story. Upon arrival, the front desk told us our room wouldn't be ready for another 2 hours so the gold card scam could be played on us. When we were finally shown to our room, we were given a room on the street, where the maids were still making up the room & a view of the maintenance shack! I threw a fit & after being placed on hold for 20 mins was moved to a room closer to the pool that obviously had been made up for hours. But hey, it had a mini kitchen! Everything was fine that night & the following morning untill we returned to our room mid afternoon. There was a note on our door stating we needed to go to the front desk. At the front desk we were told there was a problem with our credit card & that we needed to give them an imprint of another credit card. Fine, then give me the imprint of the credit card I gave you yesterday. They refused. We went round & round until they finally conceded & I had to walk over to bookkeeping in order to pick it up. This took over an hour. For the rest of our vacation we didn't have any further problems until it was time to check out. When we received our bill, guess which credit card the charges where on? The first credit card!!!! So I went marching over to the manager to find out if I had been doubly charged, she assured me we had not. But after I had been lied to so many times was I going to believe her? Of course not. After our return home, I spent the next month calling our 2 credit card companies weekly, going online to verify charges & watching the credit card bills like a hawk to make sure we were not charged twice for that hotel. What burns my butt the most about this whole incident is that not only were they NOT apologetic about our inconvenience, they were downright rude!

Unique Quality: We have stayed in a variety of resort hotels during our vacation travels and this hotel offered nothing outstanding or new - just the average type resort hotel.

Directions: 5 minute Taxi ride from Puerto Vallarta

• Buyer Beware

What I saw was lovely. Three pools, two restaurants, I don't know how many bars-I say two. Beautiful Spa and fabulous gym. When I got there, with my prepaid confirmation number, through Priceline.com, I, along with several other "guests" were told that they had overbooked and we would have to stay at another hotel-by the airport. We stayed at a hotel that had one little pool, one outside (Palapa) combination bar and restaurant with terrible service and the rooms not only didn't have a kitchen, but not even a coffee pot. There I was, alone I might add, with no recourse and a big fat dissapointment. No spa, NO BEACH, a horrid restaurant, the TV in the room didn't work, no satallite TV, and nobody at VillaDelPalmar OR Priceline giving a damn! I since have found out that the management at Villa Del Palmar knew ahead of time and did not even have the decency to let us know ahead of time so we could make other arrangements.
    I have been fighting Priceline ever since and they finally credited me $86.00. They actually think that's fair.

Unique Quality: Seemed beautiful from the outside. As I said before-Three beautiful pools, Gym, spa, restaurants, bars, and I could see the big TV's in the rooms from the ground.

• spartan's Profile Photo

A truly 5-star resort

Universal Vacation Club at Villa del Palmar offers the best of both worlds: the modern comfort of a deluxe beachfront resort and the old-world charm of a quaint bay-side town, where shops line cobblestoned streets.

A complete array of water sports, two pools, three tennis courts, a gym, spa, award-winning activities program, and nearby golf course will keep you busy from morning to night. Day excursions may also be booked directly with the on-site tour desk.

Relax with your favorite drink by the pool or try the internationally famous cuisine at one of the resort's three restaurants.

Unique Quality: The Universal Vacation Club offers airport shuttle service for this Puerto Vallarta location. To arrange your transportation, contact the Club office (for prices and additional information) at (760) 929-1002 a minimum of 72 hours prior to your arrival dates.

Directions: Located in the central hotel area

• susiemargare's Profile Photo

luxury at a time-share resort

i have often stayed at the villa del palmar, which is a time-share resort. i usually buy my own meals, but this resort has all-inclusive packages also.

Unique Quality: it is right on the beach; all of the staff are very nice, friendly, and accommodating. most speak fairly good english.

Directions: in the "hotel zone," near soriana, a giant wal-mart-supercenter type store (groceries and clothes)

More about Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta

loved villa del palmar

We spent the last 2 weeks of october at villa del palmar. Like many other readers I was wary of the place, but needlessy so. The accomodations were very nice, very clean (only complaint is that the bed was hard, tho not unbearabley so, and the sofa bed very uncomfortable until they added a big, thick foamy). Food in the outdoor retaurant was very tasty and reasonably priced, service was great and the staff was extermely friendly. I would go back in a flash.

Thumbs up to Villa Del Palmar

by TripAdvisor Member RichChapman

We just returned from staying at Villa del Palmar October 11-18. A wonderful hotel with very good food, accommodating staff, clean rooms and a joy to be a guest at. We were never bothered by staff about timeshares, but then, our "sponsers" (or, our relatives that booked the hotel who own a timeshare) may have circumvented the annoyance. In any event, if you book the facility you will not be disappointed.

The good and the bad at Villa Del Palmar

Here's the scoop on Villa Del Palmar... The ocean view rooms are very clean with beautiful balcony views of the bay. The hotel has wonderful decor and great pool area but there are some down falls. The beds are very hard with wood planks under the mattress and the pillows are two inches thick. The food and beverage service is very, very slow (especially poolside). The worst part is the taxi service to downtown, which is a rip off. Drivers vary the price and pretend not to have change when you give them larger bills. I suggest hanging out and waiting for others so you can share the taxi and split the cost. As for airport transportation please be advised that although they tell you to book your return van trip 24 hours prior to your departure, they do not inform you that the cutoff time is 1:00 pm, therefore if you do not book before that time you are out of luck. I tried to book at 3:00 for a 4:00 pick up the next day and was told it was impossible. I asked if I could try to squeeze in the next day if one seat was available on any shuttles leaving and I was told that this is not allowed ( for some security/political reason). The hotel insisted that my only option is a private taxi ride for $60. The Los Glorias Hotel down in the marina area has shuttles leaving 4 times daily for the airport and can accommodate anyone with $14.00 without reserving and seems to be exempt from any rules. The hotel did not volunteer this info. and I had to find this out from a local. The time share pressure and sales hounds are certainly there if you are registered as a husband and wife, but singles are not bothered a bit. If you go, take your own pillow and plenty of cab fare (small Mexican bills).

Villa Del PalmarVilla Del Palmar

how is villa del palmar

by manitobacote

hi, were planning to go away in PV. and we are looking at villa del palmar , has anyone been there and how does it look. Are there bugs around .olla

RE: how is villa del palmar

by susiemargare

hi --please check your e-mail, i sent you cc of the reviews of villa del palmar on the individual VT pages on puerto vallarta.

asking thru a forum is not always the easiest way to get answers to this type of Q, tho it will certainly work in eliciting responses from people who cruise a particular forum. usually checking out the individual VT pages for a place will give you information for at least a start. for anyone who may be unfamiliar with how to find tips on a particular hotel or restaurant --

(1) type the city name in the "search" box in the upper right. it brings up all cities with that name (lots of cities have the same name). you click on whichever one is the right city for your Q. this brings up a page for your city with tips grouped by HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, THINGS TO DO, etc.

(2) in some categories, specific hotels or restaurants are already given as a specific single link. if so, click on that link. if not, just go to HOTELS or whatever and look thru the tip titles to see if any match the hotel you are asking about.

(3) you can get a lot of info to start with for whatever you are interested in. if the information is not relatively recent, THEN is the time to go to the forum for that city and ask about the hotel or whatever. by the way, when you post an inquiry for a particular city, it automatically gets posted as well in the forums for that country, maybe that continent, and the world as well (so you need to post it only once, in as specific a forum as you can choose).

happy traveling!

by MonoBichi

Sounds like asking in the forum worked out pretty well for them.

hi --

well, yes, THIS time! but only b/c i happened to be cruising thru the travel forum and was familiar with the villa del palmar myself. and, as you probably noticed, he got no other responses besides me and you, and your response was really to me, not him. so if he wants some info, he needs to be just a little more imaginative, in my opinion.

some days my patience is too low, i admit. when people ask a Q who have apparently not explored any other VT resources to find the answer, i tend to get annoyed. plus this person has offered nothing to anyone else. it's true, he joined almost a yr ago, but he has no home page or travel pages.

i feel the same way about people who ask, tell me everything about some city -- where to stay, what to do, where to eat, etc.

but maybe i'm just feeling crabby today! help!

hi again --

and it's true (i've been looking for feeble argumts to buttress my position), he DID answer two forum Qs in the last year!

Comments