Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta

See Amenities
joiwatani's Profile Photo

Book at the main building not at #7

by written on August 10, 2012

Make sure that when you book in this hotel, book at the main building or the building that is front the main swimming pool. This resort has so many buildings and the best rooms are located in the east side facing the beach. They are newer and they were renovating them while we were there. It is also facing the main swimming pool.

The #7 building is parallel to the main road and it's farther away from everything. You have to walk through the tennis court, employee's work station, etc. Also, the elevator is very slow. This is an older building and most of the amenities don't work!

I had to request to be moved!

The room that we got after we requested for it to be changed was on the sixth floor of the main building and we had a view!

Unique Quality: The staff here are wonderful except the manager whom I felt did not take care of my complaints. I think the manager has to re-train their maids to clean the rooms better! Or, they should have a supervisor to check after the maids are done cleaning to have a quality control!

Directions: Located about 2.5 kilometers from the airport

joiwatani's Profile Photo

The hotel is good for families who are on a budget

by written on August 6, 2012

Overall, I will rate this hotel five out of ten because of my experience there. With the price I paid, I guess, it's okay. Including our roundtrip airfare from Seattle to Puerto Vallarta including the hotel for six days, I think it was about right...but, it could have been better managed.

Our first night, the toilet was not working. They have to remove the toilet and change it. Then I had to be moved to a different room with my insistence. Then, the second room they gave us, the bedsheets were not clean- they smelled not clean. I cannot say the sheets are dirty but definitely, they were awfully smelly! The sheets did not smell "Limpiada"!

The elevator was also not working the week we were there.

The check-in process was very long. The front desk people don't even say, "We will be right with you..kind of like that"

The second room where we checked-in- the telephone kept ringing and when I picked it up, nobody was answering on the other line. It even rang at the middle of the nigh and very early in the morning. On our third night, I had to call the front desk to try calling me so I can check why I can't answer the phone. Then, for sure enough, the phone was not working correctly! They had to change it!

The manager was not very helpful when I went and complained with him about our first room! I was told that it is a room fronting the beach- but it was a room close to the road...

The manager was like cold and I guess, he was used to have all the complaints because there were so many wrong about the hotel.

The staff were not helpful even at check -in. Nobody assisted me in bringing up our luggages.

There was no lifeguard at their pools even if the hotel management that there are so many little children there.

Unique Quality: OverallThe only thing that I can say that is good about this hotel is their location because it has it's own private beach, and they have so many swimming pools. (They should extend the times to get towels to 10:00 pm instead of 9:00 pm.

Also, I love their buffet breakfast restaurant because it was exceptionally great! I ove their array of food, beverages and their coffee was always brewed fresh! The staff at their restaurant were great! The buffet was a little bit pricy if you are a budget traveller.

Directions: From the airport, it's about 2.5 kilometers. If you are a backpacker, you can walk! But, you can take the bus for a 6.50 pesos or you can pay 80 pesos on an air-conditioned bus.

bpwarne's Profile Photo

Great Beach Resort

by written on December 12, 2011

We stayed at this resort for one night in August 2011. We booked a Deluxe Garden View With Kitchenette and 1 King Bed. Unit was very spacious with balcony overlooking one of the pools. We paid $85 USD total for one night. This was a last minute online booking through an agency. Breakfast was not included. Our unit consisted of a bedroom and separate living/kitchen/dining room, two TVs, nice sized bathroom. Kitchen was totally equipped with all appliances and utensils. Unit was in excellent condition and nicely decorated, very clean. This was the off season, hence the very low pricing. Grounds, pools and beach were well maintained. Staff was friendly and efficient.
At least some of the units in this resort are time shares so be prepared to be approached with an offer to attend a presentation. This is very common in Puerto Vallarta, which appears to be Time Share Central!

Unique Quality: Very nice beach and pool areas.

Beautiful Grounds and Very Nice Rooms

by written on November 11, 2006

We spent March 4-11 2006 at Villa del Palmar. We arrived late on Saturday evening and were checked in right away. We were given a room overlooking the pool. It was cleaned daily and well maintained. This resort has 3 pools. One is a "quiet" pool for adults only. The beach was about what you expect on the pacific ocean. We did swin in the ocean a couple of times. They have free towel service and you can get dry towel as often as you want. We used the BBQ on site a couple of times by the quiet pool and that was very enjoyable. Overall we had a great time with nothing to complain about. We did do the timeshare sales pitch, but when I told the sales guy you can get a much better deal on ebay, they let us go right away. I would recommend this resort. In fact when I got home I did get on ebay and bought a timeshare there I enjoyed it and we are going back again this coming March.

Unique Quality: I liked the idea of the family pools and then a quite pool if you wanted to get away from the kids for a while. They had a dinner show each evening at poolside and activities all day long for the whole family. Very nice place to stay.

Directions: Hotel Zone, across fromm Gigante

BLewJay's Profile Photo

Paradise right on the beach

by written on October 31, 2006

I own a timeshare at this resort, so for LJ´s special birthday, we decided to spend a week here. The grounds are magnificient and located right on the beach.

Unique Quality: Our room was equipped with a stove, mircowave, refridgerator, cable tv, king size bed, patio overlooking the pools/hot tub, cooking untesils, pots, pans, toaster, blender.

Directions: Located next to the Holiday Inn and across the street from Plaza Caracol.

Disappointment

by written on September 17, 2006

Just returned from this "Resort". It is NOT a 5 star place like some have mentioned. Here is a highlight of out stay at the hotel.

Arrive Saturday night, wake up Sunday morning with the floor very wet. Was told the floor "sweats". I'm not talking about a little water - the entire floor is wet. Someone is sent to fix the condensation problem.
Monday, floor a little wet.
Tuesday, wake up with floor very wet. Stop by the desk at 6:00 pm and ask them to fix the floor seating problem. Arrive back at the hotel at 11:45 pm and the floor is extremely wet, making it slippery and dangerous to walk. They us why we did not call them back when no one showed up at 6:00 pm. We tell them we were out and just returned. They decide to move us to another room, so we are packing up and moving to a room 2 doors down at 1:00 am. Just about moved into the new room, when we discover bugs in the kitchen area. We call the front desk and they send 2 guys with an almost empty can of Raid. The guys tell us the bugs are gone.
Wake up on Wednesday, and the bugs are back. Call the front desk and move to another room.
Return on Thursday and the floor near the bathroom is wet. Leak on the ceiling. Call the front desk and they send a few guys to repair the leaky ceiling. Looking forward to leaving this place.
The staff of this hotel is very friendly. The manager did comp us 3 meals and laundry (things spilled on clothing during the first move) and a manicure/pedicure after we complained several times. I think we spent about 6 to 8 hours of our vacation moving from room to room and discussing the problems with management and requesting that they offer us consideration for our inconvenience. All in all, I would have really preferred staying somewhere else.
If I were to compare this hotel to an American hotel, I'd say it was a bit above a Motel 6, with better grounds.

Unique Quality: Nice pool, too bad it closes at 10 pm.

Directions: Hotel North

ScubaCat's Profile Photo

Just another Resort

by written on January 21, 2006

Although the foyer was beautiful, the hotel kept clean, the grounds well kept & housekeeping did a bang up job. I will never stay at this hotel again. For that matter, I will never return to Puerto Vallarta again as I was not the only one complaining about hotels. But let me just tell you my story. Upon arrival, the front desk told us our room wouldn't be ready for another 2 hours so the gold card scam could be played on us. When we were finally shown to our room, we were given a room on the street, where the maids were still making up the room & a view of the maintenance shack! I threw a fit & after being placed on hold for 20 mins was moved to a room closer to the pool that obviously had been made up for hours. But hey, it had a mini kitchen! Everything was fine that night & the following morning untill we returned to our room mid afternoon. There was a note on our door stating we needed to go to the front desk. At the front desk we were told there was a problem with our credit card & that we needed to give them an imprint of another credit card. Fine, then give me the imprint of the credit card I gave you yesterday. They refused. We went round & round until they finally conceded & I had to walk over to bookkeeping in order to pick it up. This took over an hour. For the rest of our vacation we didn't have any further problems until it was time to check out. When we received our bill, guess which credit card the charges where on? The first credit card!!!! So I went marching over to the manager to find out if I had been doubly charged, she assured me we had not. But after I had been lied to so many times was I going to believe her? Of course not. After our return home, I spent the next month calling our 2 credit card companies weekly, going online to verify charges & watching the credit card bills like a hawk to make sure we were not charged twice for that hotel. What burns my butt the most about this whole incident is that not only were they NOT apologetic about our inconvenience, they were downright rude!

Unique Quality: We have stayed in a variety of resort hotels during our vacation travels and this hotel offered nothing outstanding or new - just the average type resort hotel.

Directions: 5 minute Taxi ride from Puerto Vallarta

Buyer Beware

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 23, 2005

What I saw was lovely. Three pools, two restaurants, I don't know how many bars-I say two. Beautiful Spa and fabulous gym. When I got there, with my prepaid confirmation number, through Priceline.com, I, along with several other "guests" were told that they had overbooked and we would have to stay at another hotel-by the airport. We stayed at a hotel that had one little pool, one outside (Palapa) combination bar and restaurant with terrible service and the rooms not only didn't have a kitchen, but not even a coffee pot. There I was, alone I might add, with no recourse and a big fat dissapointment. No spa, NO BEACH, a horrid restaurant, the TV in the room didn't work, no satallite TV, and nobody at VillaDelPalmar OR Priceline giving a damn! I since have found out that the management at Villa Del Palmar knew ahead of time and did not even have the decency to let us know ahead of time so we could make other arrangements.
I have been fighting Priceline ever since and they finally credited me $86.00. They actually think that's fair.

Unique Quality: Seemed beautiful from the outside. As I said before-Three beautiful pools, Gym, spa, restaurants, bars, and I could see the big TV's in the rooms from the ground.

spartan's Profile Photo

A truly 5-star resort

by written on November 22, 2002

Universal Vacation Club at Villa del Palmar offers the best of both worlds: the modern comfort of a deluxe beachfront resort and the old-world charm of a quaint bay-side town, where shops line cobblestoned streets.

A complete array of water sports, two pools, three tennis courts, a gym, spa, award-winning activities program, and nearby golf course will keep you busy from morning to night. Day excursions may also be booked directly with the on-site tour desk.

Relax with your favorite drink by the pool or try the internationally famous cuisine at one of the resort's three restaurants.

Unique Quality: The Universal Vacation Club offers airport shuttle service for this Puerto Vallarta location. To arrange your transportation, contact the Club office (for prices and additional information) at (760) 929-1002 a minimum of 72 hours prior to your arrival dates.

Directions: Located in the central hotel area

susiemargare's Profile Photo

luxury at a time-share resort

by written on September 11, 2002

i have often stayed at the villa del palmar, which is a time-share resort. i usually buy my own meals, but this resort has all-inclusive packages also.

Unique Quality: it is right on the beach; all of the staff are very nice, friendly, and accommodating. most speak fairly good english.

Directions: in the "hotel zone," near soriana, a giant wal-mart-supercenter type store (groceries and clothes)

Nearby Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta

Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta

• Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar
  • Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
  • Hotel Del Palmar Beach
  • Resort Del Palmar Beach
  • Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
  • Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta

Address: Boulevard Francisco Ascencio Km. 3, Tenacatita, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico

26 Photos of Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta

• Spa
  • Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge

Puerto Vallarta Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Vallarta, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Vallarta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Vallarta hotel reviews

Sports & Outdoors
tiles, tiles, tiles!
beautiful clothes for women
Shopping
an all-time great beach bar!
Restaurants
a nice little sidewalk cybercafe
Cheap Eats at the Food Truck Out Front