Blvd Mijares 4, San Jose Del Cabo, Los Cabos, 23400, Mexico

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Casa Natalia

Casa Natalia is Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member da144

I spent eight nights at the Casa Natalia in June. I noticed in reading this month's Conde Nast Traveler that it was rated fourth in all Mexico in the hotel category. This small hotel (16 rooms, really suites) is one of the nicest places that I have stopped at in my 67! years.

Roooms are lovely with great baths and each has a very private terrace. The room includes a wonderful breakfast served on your terrace with the local English language paper. The breakfast are incredible. If you try the huevos rancheros, you will have to skip lunch. The hotel is in the wonderful quiet town of San Jose del Cabo which is light years away from Cabo San Lucas' animal house atmosphere. This place has lots of great restaurants and shops. The reataurant at the hotel is wonderful and a destination in itself.

While the hotel is not on the water, you have the use of a beach club which is on the water. The hotel arranges transportation both ways and it is complimentary. Actually we enjoyed relaxing by the hotel's beautiful pool and then checking out the local galleries and the wonderful french bakery off the square.

I plan on returning in 2006. The hotel has a terrific website, ----. The owners Nathaliae and her husband who is in charge of the kitchen live right on the premises.

A Really Relaxing Time

We booked our stay at Casa Natalia based upon the reviews on this web site (and the hotel web site.) We were delighted with our experience! The accomodations and restaurant and superior service compare favorably with any we have experienced anywhere and we are not inexperienced travelers.

If you want a gracious experience in a tranquil environment with the option of "Crazy Cabo" a taxi ride away, Casa Natalia is it.

What a wonderful, relaxing stay!

by TripAdvisor Member superez

My boyfriend and I just came back from 3 nights at Casa Natalia (Fri 5/13-Mon 5/16) and LOVED every minute of it! Casa Natalia is a small, intimate boutique hotel located right off the plaza in downtown San Jose. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated so incredibly well by the lovely staff. They immediately offered us 2 glasses of hibiscus punch and cool towels while we waited to check in, which was only a couple minutes. Mayeli assisted us with check in and gave us a tour of the grounds - we were very impressed by the architecture and design of the place. Mayeli described how the owners sought to incorporate the 4 elements as much as possible - water, air, earth and fire, spoke to us about the complimentary snacks and 2 for 1 drink specials in the bar every day from 4-6pm, the complimentary shuttle to the beach club, morning breakfast and then walked us into our room. Our room, Cuarto del Coco (all rooms have names instead of numbers) was located on the first level near the pool. We paid $220/night. What a quaint, beautifully decorated room! We had a small patio area complete with hammock and table/chairs and a good size bedroom/living room area with loveseat/chair, coffee table and TV. Nice bathroom and wardrobe area too. The room smelled so fragrant and nature sounds were emanating from the CD player near the bed. We immediately felt so relaxed! We could also hear the soothing sounds of the waterfall in the pool area, which was very nice. A full breakfast is served every morning from 730-10am (you pick the time each day) with choices such as huevos rancheros, huevos a la mexicana, french toast, pancakes and of course the usual choice of juices, coffee, tea, toast, fruit, yogurt etc. Breakfast is served in your patio area and was always brought on time. There is also nightly turndown service (fresh robes every day) and housekeeping in general was fantastic. The beach club was also very nice. A complimentary shuttle leaves at 1030am and picks you up at 4pm. It's about a 20 min drive to get to the beach club, which is part of a pretty hotel/timeshare called Casas Del Mar. There were 3 swimming pools, including one with a swim up bar, and lounge chairs/umbrellas and food/drink service. The beach there has a strong undertow and not swimmable, but it is very beautiful. To be honest, you really don't miss it given the swimming pools and wonderful views!

The pool area at Casa Natalia is small but very well designed and sooo nice. They also have towel and food service there as well. And don't forget to try the restaurant Mi Cocina there at Casa Natalia! Very good food indeed. Prices are comparable to a nice restaurant here in the States. Actually Cabos in general is not very reasonable but that is to be expected. We loved San Jose much more than Cabo San Lucas. If you want the loud bars and commercial US atmosphere, Cabo is the place. However, if you want a kick back, mexican atmosphere - San Jose is the place. We had dinner at Damiana, just a few doors down from Casa Natalia, and had a great time there. Good food in a beautiful hacienda style patio. There was also a guitar duo singing lovely mexican songs.

All in all our experience at Casa Natalia was top rate. It is a great place to relax and rejuvinate!! We will return!!

Fabulous service, noise issues

We are a 30 something couple no kids, who likes to stay at hip places, in search of unique stays and reasonably priced luxury.

We stayed at Casa Natalia right before Christmas. It is in the middle of San Jose Del Cabo (20 minute walk to the beach). It is quaint, excellent attentive and friendly service, beautiful surroundings inside the walls of the hotel. The pool is absloutly wonderful. You certainly feel pampered.

Our room was small with no view to speak of and comfortable but not "luxurious". Breakfast was delicious and served on your private patio each day.

Tranquility seems to be a focus of their service however, Casa Natalia has has major noise issues. One morning before 8am there was construction outside our window (in the alley behind the hotel), at night the restaurant (in the couryard outside all the rooms) can be very noisy. Because it is in the city you hear trucks, dogs barking, etc at all hours of the night. This is not my idea of luxury accomodations, even though the service is fabulous!

If You Drink, You'd Better Bring Your Own

by TripAdvisor Member EM4BERN

Prior to staying at Casa Natalia, we stayed at the "Hacienda" in Cabo. Upon our arrival we were handed delicious complementary Margaritas. The room was almost as big as a one bedroom apartment with a wet bar and full size refrigerator. There was also a large patio with 2 chaise lounges and a table and chairs. It's right on the beach. The food in the restaurant was delicious. Bearnaise with jalapenos - yum. What a great idea. And the hotel is old and gorgeous, especially the dining room. There are goegeous flowers everywhere.

We moved to Casa Natalia for the last three days of our trip because it was our 25th anniversary and supposedly very, very nice. When we arrived we were handed two drinks which were awful. I asked what it was and was told some kind of juice (can't remember because I've never heard of it before).

When we got to our room there was a lovely display on the bed with rose petals and a little scroll tied up with ribbon welcoming us. Then they brought us two complimentary margaritas with chips and salsa. We were very pleased. But the margaritas were very, very small (8 oz glasses) so they were gone way before the chips were. I figured the reason they were small was due to the fact that they were complementary.

So we ordered two more but asked for Cadillac Margaritas - that's a margarita with the addition of Grand Marnier. At the Hacienda these were served in large Margarita glasses and cost $5.00.

The Cadillac Margaritas arrived in the same tiny glasses and whooooaaaaaaa!!!! $14.00 each!!! I thought that was a mistake, so I took the drink to the bar to inquire. One of employees (not the bartender) asked if she could help me and I explained. She looked at the tiny glass and agreed that it must be a mistake. But then she consulted with someone and confirmed that it was correct. I could not believe it.

We were supposed to have dinner there for our anniversary but we figured $28 for a round of drinks in an 8 oz glass was a bit much to say the least.

The rooms were small and dark and the decor looked like something out of Star Wars. Shower only; no luxury jaccuzzi or even a tub.

There is no place to get ice, so every time you need some, you have to call room service. After a while I felt uncomfortable to call just for ice but that's my problem I guess.

Among the amenities listed is a coffee machine upon request. There's a charge for the coffee (of course) if you choose this route instead of room service. We travel with our own coffee and filters - fussy about coffee - so we were not happy when they told us there was only one coffee maker and it was in use.

When we checked out I noticed they charged us $7.50 for chips and salsa we had delivered to the room. But the Room Service menu said $5.50. No biggy and I didn't bother to say anything but still........all in all, didn't appreciate the nickle and diming. I'd rather they raise the rates a little.

On the plus side, the staff and service were excellent; especially the man at the front desk. He was very nice and extremely helpful.

Also, if you catch your own fish, most restaurants will cook it up for you for $5 or $6. We asked them to cook ours up for lunch and they did a great job and presented it with vegies and rice. It was delicious. Not sure what they did to it. And believe it or not, no charge!!! So go figure.

Paradise at Casa Nathalia !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member dagjag

My husband and I just returned from 4 wonderful nights at the property. We both felt we had stepped back in time to a quaint little European village. The staff was great and very attenative to the smallest details. Everyone was extremely friendly and wanted to make sure our needs were met. The property is like no other and if you are wanting all the special touches then you will want to stay at Casa Nathalia. The cuisine was just that and we could not find a meal we enjoyed any more than on the property. The best is having your breakfast delivered daily. We never have breakfast together at home due to our different schedules. We truely were able to reconnect and relax to the beauty of Casa Nathalia. WE will do again..

Just devine

My husband and I had a really wonderful experience at this intimate, and romantic hideaway.
The service was wonderful, the staff were warm and friendly. The food is just fabulous, we stayed for 6 nights and got to taste a lot of the dishes.
All in all this was a very relaxed and rejuvenating vacation and we will be going back to Casa Nathalia.

Great place

by TripAdvisor Member MikeSteiner

Overall, this was a great place to stay. Its located right in "downtown" or at least the tourist area of San Jose del Cabo. Easy walking distance to many restaraunts, shops, etc... The room was very nice, kind of a modern layout with Mexican decorations. The windows on all sides of the rooom and the ceiling fans made for great sleeping without any A/C (AC is provided but we never had to use it even though the days were in the mid-90s). One real highlight of the place is the breakfast ordered then delivered to your door as part of the rate. The fruit bowl was delicious as you might expect but all of the other aspects of the breakfast menu were good also. The last truly, truly outstanding thing about the place was the front desk staff who were so helpful, fully fluent in English (and Spanish of course) and really seemed to be "fun" people. They were more than happy to help make reservations for trips/outings over the phone for you in Spanish and also would make recommendations if asked.

The pool at the hotel is really more for looks than use. It is beautiful and makes a great place to lounge lazily, but you definitely can't swim laps or anything like that in it and its too shallow to jump in. There is no hottub and actually our room did not have a tub at all (just a shower). Also, the TV situation is pretty poor with a local channel, CNN, HBO, and spanish-language ESPN channel. I know, I know, I didn't come here to watch TV but after a long day of walking, being on the beach or whatever I'm just someone who likes to kick back for 1/2 hour and scan around a little bit before going out for the evening.

The one thing my wife and I disagree on slightly is the restaraunt at this hotel. It is recommended as one of the best, if not the best, in San Jose del Cabo. She had a delicious risotto but my filet mignon seemed to taste a little bit like roast beef and it was cooked to medium and I ordered it rare. The setting was a nice courtyard with placemats and occassionaly flies--which is fine, but the attitude of the waitstaff didn't seem to match the somewhat casual surroundings and seemed almost bordering on snobbery. Lastly, the wine list was not great, and some of the California wines were marked up at over 10 times the cost in stores in Southern California. We decided not to pay $80 for a bottle of wine that could be bought for $10 in LA (granted I don't know if there are big import taxes into Baja for wine and alcohol? accounting for the high cost). Anyway, my wife overall liked the restaraunt while I thought that you could really do better somewhere else (see El Chilar!).

Overall we really liked our 4 day stay here, highlighted by the staff and the breakfasts.

Great relaxing place

by TripAdvisor Member Jack_Putter

My wife and I have been traveling for the past 10 years and this was one of the most relaxed settings we have ever found. The service was great, you truely feel like you are a guest as someones home. Your breakfast is brought to you on your own patio in the morning, you can sit by the pool with the water fall during the day and then have dinner at one of the best resturants in Mexico in the evening. The city of San Jose del Cabo is right outside your door. I played golf two days at Cabo del Sol and it was easy to get there and return by taxi, although next time I will rent a car because the taxi's are very expensive and we would have liked to see more of the countryside. My wife shopped and enjoyed the people on the street, every shop or resturant she or I went into was clean and the people as friendly as anywhere we have ever been. This is one place where doing nothing is worth doing.

Comments