Tulip Inn Ritz Mexico

Madero 30 Col. Centro, Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 06000, Mexico
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about México

QuetzalcoatlQuetzalcoatl

Street sceneStreet scene

Iztaccihuatl VolcanoIztaccihuatl Volcano

What long hair you have Barbie...What long hair you have Barbie...

Safety tip

by hanapatria

I will be travelling by bus from mexico city to Cuenavaca by bus. I have just read about baggage theft is common by the bus station. Can somebody verify if this is truely the situation and can you give me some tips about how to deal with it.
Thank you so much and I need answers soooon. Thanks.

by cachaseiro

i don't think that is very true.
on big mexican bus stations, luggage is checked in like in airports and usually taken straight in to the bus.
i have spend 3 months in mexico in total, always using public transport and never had a problem, or for that matter met any who had their luggage stolen at the bus station.

RE: RE: Safety tip

by hanapatria

Thank you ever so much for your help, that definitely makes me feel better. I look forward to another part of of Mesico soon.

by gomexico

There's no guarantee that your bags won't be stolen, but I think that's not a common occurrence. The greater liklihood is that your bag would be stolen while on the bus, from the overhead racks . . . that is something that occurs if you don't watch your belongings.

Thank you , that make sense. Aloha

Travel Tips for México

My City

by rmontes

Mexico City is Mexico's capital, and one of the most populated and large in the world.
We have all kind of attractions according to everybody's insterests.
Malls, museums, theaters, theme parks and many more.

My First Trip as a VWMTC Missions Student

by asteve777

There were about 22 of us, first year missions students from Victory World Missions Training Center. We traveled to one of our 144 Bible Schools located in Roca Blanca . It is about a 30 minute drive from Puerto Escondido in Oxaxa Mexico.
We met up with some of the nationals there at the school and took a 3 hour drive into the mountains and stayed with the Chatino people. We had to have 2 translators to translate from english to spanish to chatino. I found out there are over 130 different languages and dialects in mexico!
We flew into Mexico City and missed our flight to Huatulco so we stayed in the big city and left the next day. There was only one flight into Huatulco each day. The landing into Huatulco was crazy! The pilot touched down on one tire, then the other tire, then back to the other tire. This happened four times before he pulled the plane back up and went around! That had our adrendelin going!

Aquascalientes

by Davart

"Small, but fun!"

I travelled here a number of time on work and while before going there I never heard of the place. Aquascalientes, it mean hot water do to the natural hot springs in the area, is one of the smallest states in Mexico. Great food, great people and lots to see. I'm writing this nearly 4 years after the fact so I might be rusty on what I remember.
The food is fantasic and the Feista de San Marcos in April is nothing but a huge party that last a month until May 5th (Cinco de Mayo) as with anyplace if you're not from around there you might get charged more than the locals. I remember one store that wanted US$200 for a pair of sunglasses, I got a local to go buy them US$8 which is still a lot in Mexico but it's better than 200! Try the food, try lots of it, street vendors, alley shops and the finer dinning places are great.
I promise to add more as I get time to do it ... so don't slam me for being brief, please.

"Deal in the local lingo."

Try to learn spanish or at least some phases. As with any culture if you speak the tongue you'll get further down the road. Smile start and prices drop. Spanish and Englist are not that far apart if you pay attention, I'm not claiming to be an expert I'm not, I know enough to get by and that's about it. If you need a cab have the hotel call it for you and find out the price, some cabbies will jack it when they see a non local face. You'll still likely pay more than the average Mexican but then again if you're American you'll likely have about 500 times the money they do too.
Clearly the futher away from the downtown area you get the lower the prices get and most vendors are just happy to be selling something. Don't be afraid of the food, but beware of the water. Mexico doesn't have the same water filtation that most western countries have, and thus if you drink it plan to send time in the bano. So don't say no one told you! :-)

"Getting around"

If it's to far to walk then you'll have to take a cab. If you find an honest cabby that knows their way around, get there name and request them by name or hire them for the day. Some cabbies will skip "work" and drive you around all day in there own car, less money out of your pocket and more in theirs a win-win for the two of you. Note that in Mexico "STOP" signs seem to mean speed up and beat the car to the intersection, I don't think I ever saw a car stop at a stop sign. Most of the raod are in bad shape and your butt will know it at the end of the day, Mexico is making efforts to improve it's infastructure. Most taxi are in poor shape and have only windows down for A/C thus the speed. Street kids are at every corner begging and washing windows or selling some that is for the most part worthless. It makes a stronge comment on the economy of Mexico. Everytime I flew into Mexico I had kids, young kids fighting to carry my bags for mear pennies. At first you heart goes out to these kids but after a while they really start to get on your nerves. You make the call for yourself.

Comments