Teotihuacán Hotels

• m1nkey profile photo m1nkey
  • Reviews: 87

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Posada Sol Y Luna: A cozy place

We had a nice stay at this three story hotel. It was clean and quiet with comforatable beds and jacuzzi suites. The restuarant was ok but not the grandest. We had a nice breakfast with good coffee and eggs to order. The decor was lovely and it was a pleasureable stay . Freindly staff, safe parking and they answered my email in english

Quiet, close by and there was a small terrace on each floor.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Historical Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written March 23, 2008
Tip Photo

• alza profile photo alza
  • Reviews: 347

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Quinto Sol: Modern, quiet and right beside Teotihuacán site

This hotel has rooms with jacuzzi, that's why I went there. I'd been in Mexico three months and both apartments I had rented had only a shower.

Reception staff is welcoming enough though I had a feeling that they answered all questions automatically and didn't go the extra step to be helpful. I told them a cab would ask for me at 8 p.m. to take me to Restaurant La Gruta, they said they'd watch for him. They did that, but I wish they had told me that La Gruta closes at 8.45 p.m. By the time I got there, I barely had time to finish my plate.

My room with jacuzzi was extra large, king-size bed, tv, telephone, hair-dryer, coffee machine, and most important, a big balcony with roses overlooking the pool. I only stayed one night but it was ultra-comfortable.

The jacuzzi was a foolish extravaganza, I couldn't relax in it what with its rumbling noise.

Great rooms with lots of space, quiet ventilation/air-conditioning, new mattresses, quality linens, nice small pool, a bar, and they seem quite proud of their buffet breakfast but I only wanted toast and coffee. That confounded them, I had three coffees before the toast arrived.

As everywhere else in Mexico, they only offered mini-packets of strawberry jam, like it's the only jam in the world. I'm a marmelade fan (Dundee style) and had thought if I was to find it anywhere in Mexico before returning home, it would be at the Quinto Sol... but no luck. (In fact, you should know that jam IS called "mermelada" in Mexican Spanish. No wonder my repeated request for marmelade never got me the Seville orange type.)

The hotel was very good with keeping my luggage for the day and quick to retrieve it from luggage area when I was ready to leave after visiting the archeological site.

Ideal location in San Juan Teotihuacán, 1 km from the site.

NOTE: There's a motel nearby with the same name, not linked to the Hotel Quinto Sol.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average