Turotel Morelia

Avenida Acueducto No 3805, Esq Av Camelinas, Morelia, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 58254, Mexico
Turotel Morelia
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Morelia

Wonderful wooden carved organWonderful wooden carved organ

Fountain and aqueductFountain and aqueduct

Carnitas inside a tortilla... SUPER YUMMY!Carnitas inside a tortilla... SUPER YUMMY!

Travel Tips for Morelia

AWFUL treatment to the customers...!!

by Laura_Mexico about Cafe Europa

We ended up in this place only because we were trying to find a spot to have a coffee or snack while we waited for the Saturday night firework show in downtown; this Cafe is advertised in many places (one of them is the free maps/brochures that you can grab at your hotel) but we would probably have not come here had it not been for the fact that it is in front of the Cathedral.

As it was to be expected, the whole area was crowded. All the tables (@ this cafe and the neighboring restaurants too) were taken and there was a long waiting list. A table became free at one point and we sat down but they asked us to stand up -and they weren't very nice about it- because there were people waiting before us. They also said there was a time limit and that people couldn't stay longer than 1 hour (maybe because the demand was unusually high because of the show), so we had to wait for about half an hour but in the end we got a table. Right after they told my sister in law that she could sit there, another one became available right beside it which she liked better so she moved. She then was practically yelled at by the "man" that was assigning the tables (who BTW came out from the business next door but I suppose the owners of the 2 businesses are the same since he had the authority to say who could/couldn't sit down at Cafe Europa) and was forced to go back to the original table she was given AND they even moved it behind a column, thus totally obstructing the view for us. That's what we were there for...! The guy was absolutely obnoxious about it and even said they wouldn't provide any service to us. I told him that we were not asking for freebies and we were going to PAY to be there, even though he had been rude to us twice, and that that was no way to treat customers.... and he very rudely replied that "there were other restaurants we could go to". I told him that we would most certainly go to those other places instead.

So they didn't even pay attention to us or asked whether we wanted to have something to drink/eat. On the other hand the show started shortly after and we just stood up and watched it from outside the cafe, then picked our stuff up and left without spending a cent in this place. I warn everyone because I don't know anyone who would enjoy being treated this way....... I guess there are other options which you could choose instead of this one. We didn't get to order ANYTHING here, so I can't tell...!!! Definitely not recommendable to come here.

Morelia

by VeronicaR

Morelia is really a kid friendly place.

The Zoo (Parque Juarez) rocks!!! it is a really well kept zoo with lots of different animals with cool displays. They have a kid zoo that is like a nursery and they always have baby animals to pet.

I really like the big piñatas they had for chrismas decorations downtown.

Food is not that good if you are a kid, but they have the best ice cream around, ask for "nieve de pasta" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Comments